Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Doctor Paley : is he lying ?  (Read 3821 times)

5cm Stryde

Re: Doctor Paley : is he lying ?
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2020, 02:04:57 PM »

Thanks a lot Tiggy for your answer and I wish you the best for the end of your recovery!!

th

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2020, 04:40:53 PM »

tell paley to stop
lying!!  :D ;D ;)

5cm Stryde

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2020, 05:23:07 PM »

Th,

You have an issue man lol

th

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2020, 11:10:44 PM »

i do indeed - i have no desire to listen to nonsense - man  :)

cobalt

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2020, 07:42:02 PM »

There is nothing wrong with asking questions, that's how people learn and discover new information that they might not of come across or thought of before. That being said, I think Paley is being optimistic, rather than lying to you. If you feel uneasy with a doctor, just choose someone else. Alot of people feel safe going to Paley and he has a good reputation in LL with other doctors and had good outcomes with countless patients already. With Stryde, you can already walk during first week of surgery, but you will walk funny, by no means normal or natural.

LL is a journey, not a sprint. After the first surgery, there is also a removal and recovery from that as well. You will encounter all sorts of pains and even things others did not because your doctors will be different, your individual bodies' response is also different so healing time won't exactly match another person's.

If a person is the type to have neurosis even after the research they've done, then just forget the surgery because these types will over-focus and everything will bother them. To them, something must be wrong and they will be unhappy all the way and after about their surgery regardless. It is about the psyche of a person going into surgery, you have to be mentally prepared and understand the risks and the trade-offs.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 08:24:07 PM by cobalt »

cobalt

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2020, 07:58:36 PM »

If a doctor does his best to prevent misalignment and rotational deviation from the original during surgery, you have a high chance of recovering and back to 90-95% normal given time and physical rehabilitation. The rough ballpark from other ppl's collective experience and average is 3 years from time of surgery(and including the 1 year removal in this) to completely heal where you don't notice the aches and pains and return to what is considered "normal."

WannaGetItDone

• Visitor
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2020, 12:32:35 PM »

I recently completed 8 CM femurs (Stryde) with Paley.

It's true that most patients make it to 5 cm relatively easy. Once you cross the 5 cm or 6 cm mark is where many quit due to tightness.

Once you are done with lengthening, yes technically you will be "walking" but your mobility in all practical scenarios will be very limited. For example, I'm 3 weeks out from last distraction, and I can walk up to about a half a mile at which point I'm pretty fatigued. So I'm still dependent on my cane beyond that. Furthermore my walk is slow, old people and children pass me up on the side walk. Getting up from a seated position takes time. With stairs, I need to use the handrail and go slow. I can "walk" but am far from normal. 

If you live an active and busy lifestyle your timeline for "normal" in a practical sense should be at least 6 months from the operation if you are planning on doing 5 cm. Results may vary.

Hi, kind of off topic but you gained 8 cm in just your femurs? How flexible were you pre-op? Were you given a timeline for full recovery? Also, how much did Stryde cost with Paley ?

Hope you find the time to answer my questions. Thank you

TheAlchemist

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2020, 01:34:34 PM »

Hi, kind of off topic but you gained 8 cm in just your femurs? How flexible were you pre-op? Were you given a timeline for full recovery? Also, how much did Stryde cost with Paley ?

Hope you find the time to answer my questions. Thank you

I wrote a diary in this forum that covers all of your questions. Feel free to check that out.
Dr. Paley Patient: Femurs (Stryde) / 8 CM gained
Surgery: 9/17/19 / Distraction completed: 12/14/19
Start height: 5'9 or 175cm / Endi Height: 6'0 ft or 183 cm
Rod Removal: Dr. Debiparshad 6/16/21
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64373.0

Movie

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2020, 09:44:03 PM »

Although my recovery has been great, I can't by any means play any sports right now even If I wanted to ... I can't even jog lightly for more than 20 seconds, it still hurts too much and I can feel I don't have enough strength and flexibility for that yet ... I'm building up to it with Squats and leg workouts and stretching but as of now 5 Months and 2 weeks post op with 8CM gain I can not play sports ... so IDK how my doctor is advertising me (because I told him I'd rather not be advertised, only want people from the forum to see my own stuff I post) but 6 months for full sports even at 5 CMs is false in my opinion.

but with that said this thread is kind of pointless bro, If you've read diaries and know the actual timeline of recovery then why ask if Paley is a liar? lol it's like what's known doesn't have to be asked, all the doctors give you the optimistic timelines... I knew I wasn't gonna be good as pre surgery in 6 months, I'd be happy if I'm 90% close to that after a year to be honest. it's a trade off so that's something for you to consider and think about by yourself. Good luck on your decision
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

FormerKidd

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2020, 09:56:09 PM »

Which rod did you have, Movie?  Stryde?

With the Precice 2.2, IIRC it was about 2 months post-consolidation before they advised I attempt jogging/running/.etc.  I took three months to lengthen, two to consolidate, so that would have been about seven months post-op.  However, I was not flexible and wanted to go past 5cm.

If you were to say lengthen two months (5cm) and do two months consolidation and then wait another two months, the total time would be 6 months.  But this is a best-case scenario, and I thought Paley was clear about that.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up