Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why do people not do both femur and tibia?  (Read 1821 times)

ape

Why do people not do both femur and tibia?
« on: January 09, 2020, 06:18:56 PM »

Why do people just do only femur or tibia? Wouldn't you look a lot more proportional if you do both? I understand time and money is a concern but you're doing LL anyways so might as well do it right. Comparing the two, which is longer to do?

snowpiecer

Re: Why do people not do both femur and tibia?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 07:29:19 PM »

You are clearly clueless about this procedure. This surgery aint simple. To do both tibia and femur you have to be very strong physically and mentally.
I suggest you to do more research.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 09:32:38 PM »

For most people, it takes years to afford doing even one segment. Time and money are probably the two most important things in one's life, and lengthening isn't easy at all, so after one lengthening, a second one is not usually on the table.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Montreal172

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 10:58:45 PM »

It takes tremendous time
It takes tremendous money
It takes tremendous resilience
and must of all it cannot be done at the same time, and require a period of healing.

Most people going through the trauma of one do not want a repeat or see the marginal returns as not worth the hassle.

Movie

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2020, 11:00:11 PM »

Agree with Kilo Kahn above me, at first my plan was to do both at the same time, but my doctor said I wouldn't be able to lengthen as much as I wanted If I did both at the same time, so I did femurs first thinking I'd do Tibias right after, but now that I'm done with my 8CMs in Femurs, the time and money that I'd have to invest in order to get another 6 CMs just doesn't seem worth it to me anymore.
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

ape

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2020, 02:38:33 AM »

So in a hypothetical scenario someone has time and money, would it be best for them to do both?

ape

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2020, 02:40:06 AM »

You were planning on doing 14cm in total? Isn't that a bit too high. For someone like me who's only aiming for 5cm, would I be able to do both then?

Montreal172

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2020, 02:59:30 AM »

Thats more a personal question m8.
If you can afford it, and putting aside 3 years of your life, go for it.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2020, 04:39:39 AM »

You were planning on doing 14cm in total? Isn't that a bit too high. For someone like me who's only aiming for 5cm, would I be able to do both then?

In addition to time and money, that sounds like a lot of invasive surgery just for 5 cm.

Leviathan

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2020, 09:39:43 AM »

Ive got the feeling many new members getting a false percepetion about this procedure!
You dont just get new legs like after a crooked nose op; it takes a whole other dimension of dedication, time and a lot of money.

Iron_Man

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2020, 02:21:16 PM »

Why do people just do only femur or tibia? Wouldn't you look a lot more proportional if you do both? I understand time and money is a concern but you're doing LL anyways so might as well do it right. Comparing the two, which is longer to do?

In my opinion, you yourself answered this question

cobalt

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2020, 08:10:27 PM »

Some ppl can't even get through the first one let alone the second. For many, the mental hurdle is the hardest then its the physical. Sometimes the first surgery changes whatever perception the person had before and they don't feel the need to go for a second one. Why would you already decide on both if you haven't done any, you could waste alot of money and time chasing the thought of being taller and taller, and never getting to live your life, which would be very stupid. 5-6 years living and walking worse than anybody's grandpa would after 2 successive surgeries one after another. You should only decide after you know what it is like and what you can give up.

BoneStretching

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2020, 10:25:09 PM »

For me - i can just insert a small 2 inch shoe lift and achieve my tibia lengthening. Aint nobody going to throw me out to the wolves for boosting my self 2 inches lol

OverrideYourGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
Typosquatters
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2020, 07:10:38 AM »

Did you mean "snowpieRcer"?
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
Re: Typosquatters
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2020, 08:13:11 AM »

Did you mean "snowpieRcer"?
Great movie by Oscar winning bong joom ho. Anyways how you doing. You're the only one to do a quadrilateral lengthening diary with an American doctor on this forum OYG, hopefully you're recovering well. Please update is with your process good sir 🙏 do you still get shin splints after a minute of running
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

Sweden

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2020, 10:35:22 AM »

I wanted to do both tibia and femur at first so I started off with tibia in India. A total of 7cm. My goal was around 6cm and I should have stayed with that.

I had severe ballerina and got x-legs which I didn’t like. Ballerina is gone(it’s been 7 years now) and x-legs have improved a lot. Still a little little twist in my left leg but it’s getting better since I’ve been seriously hitting the gym.

I would like 4cm on my femurs just bc the height really boost your confidence and it will even out your proportions(except your wingspan but barely anyone really cares.)

I’m turning 40 now and I’ve achieved my former pro athlete level. It was like going through hell getting to this level again.
I still do the splits and can put my forehead to my knees when my legs are straight.
My hamstring is really tight so I have to work a little on it for 5-10 minutes every day.
I compete in the highest level and I’ve beaten top ranked opponent all over the world.

I’m happier than ever and get a lot more attention from women now.
I can’t do my femurs and be away from my great life I’ve worked so hard to achieve.
Even if I did only 4cm the down time would be more than a year, maybe 2.

I earn way more money now and couldn’t afford being away from work 2 years. It’s just too much money to say “no” to.

I’m not shutting any doors. MAYBE in 5-7 years if things look different then and I need a little break from being a competitive athlete. It really takes a toll on your body working out 2/3 times a day, fasting and running 5 times/week.

At the last physical checkup I was 180,8cm tall. Yes, I stretched as much as I could. =D

~185cm tall would be soooo nice though. 8)
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Arcon

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2020, 11:29:38 AM »

I wanted to do both tibia and femur at first so I started off with tibia in India. A total of 7cm. My goal was around 6cm and I should have stayed with that.

I had severe ballerina and got x-legs which I didn’t like. Ballerina is gone(it’s been 7 years now) and x-legs have improved a lot. Still a little little twist in my left leg but it’s getting better since I’ve been seriously hitting the gym.

I would like 4cm on my femurs just bc the height really boost your confidence and it will even out your proportions(except your wingspan but barely anyone really cares.)

I’m turning 40 now and I’ve achieved my former pro athlete level. It was like going through hell getting to this level again.
I still do the splits and can put my forehead to my knees when my legs are straight.
My hamstring is really tight so I have to work a little on it for 5-10 minutes every day.
I compete in the highest level and I’ve beaten top ranked opponent all over the world.

I’m happier than ever and get a lot more attention from women now.
I can’t do my femurs and be away from my great life I’ve worked so hard to achieve.
Even if I did only 4cm the down time would be more than a year, maybe 2.

I earn way more money now and couldn’t afford being away from work 2 years. It’s just too much money to say “no” to.

I’m not shutting any doors. MAYBE in 5-7 years if things look different then and I need a little break from being a competitive athlete. It really takes a toll on your body working out 2/3 times a day, fasting and running 5 times/week.

At the last physical checkup I was 180,8cm tall. Yes, I stretched as much as I could. =D

~185cm tall would be soooo nice though. 8)

Glad to hear that everything worked nicely for you and very helpful to see the longer term outcome. I am a bit younger than you (27) and still balancing between lost time (and earnings) from work VS future benefits/ reward from CLL. Thank you.

OverrideYourGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
OYG update
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2020, 08:30:23 AM »

Great movie by Oscar winning bong joom ho. Anyways how you doing. You're the only one to do a quadrilateral lengthening diary with an American doctor on this forum OYG, hopefully you're recovering well. Please update is with your process good sir 🙏 do you still get shin splints after a minute of running

I got my rods out and wrote an update in my diary.

My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

brondo

Re: OYG update
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2020, 10:58:55 AM »

I got my rods out and wrote an update in my diary.

Hi OYG,

Do you have an update for October? How are you feeling now?

-brondo

anaverageperson

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2020, 07:44:47 PM »

The real answer is that the amount that most people want to gain doesn't really lend itself to the quadrilateral surgery, it's more expensive, and it's more difficult.

The easiest way to get the maximal amount of gain in stature is by bilateral femurs. Faster healing, "safer" limits, etc.

The other aspect of it is that this is that quadrilateral (and LL in general) is an expensive surgery. Most of the people who can afford it are in advanced age (mid-late 30s+), with a minority of rich kids and dedicated young savers. Recovery/PT for quad surgery is not easy, and generally the people who can afford the quad are overall less suited to deal with the PT process.

It's my (uneducated) opinion that simultaneous quad surgery is ideal when you're:
1. Young (early 30s at latest in good physical shape)
2. Looking for moderate gains (<8cm total, and even this is probably pushing it); even Paley puts a limit of 4cm for each segment when doing simultaneous/2 weeks apart quad surgery IIRC.
3. Looking to retain pre-LL athleticism/biomechanics/proportions. It makes most sense for this use case, as it gives you the option to retain your femur/tibia ratios.

Otherwise, you are better off just getting femurs or 1 year apart quad surgery.
Goal: +3.75cm tibias + 3.75cm femurs with STRYDE
Pages: [1]   Go Up