Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Testosterone Replacement Therapy - LL Surgery and Recovery Questions  (Read 418 times)

WannaGetItDone

• Visitor

Hi guys,

I am currently 5'5" goal is 5'9" or even 5'10" if my body can handle it. Want to do tibia and femur at the same time with 2-2.5" (5-6cm) each part, instead of doing 4-5" (10-12cm) for one part which I think is too risky.

My main issue right now is I'm on testosterone replacement therapy due to low levels of testosterone. And I am afraid that this will affect my surgery and recovery.

Anyone know if being on Testosterone therapy will have any negative effects during and after the LL surgery? I am researching about the effects of this during the operation, post-op, and towards full recovery. My goal is to to recover to at least 90% of pre-op state, hopeful for 100%. Currently I am doing moderate athletic activities such as running and tennis. I also go to the gym to work out every other day so hopeful to be able to continue doing this after I recover from LL surgery.

I have tried searching this forum and the internet but have not found any concrete answer regarding LL and TRT effects on it. I also contacted some of the reputable LL surgeons offices. Of course they all said no there should be no side effects or negative effects, but I don't want to take their word for it simply because why would they want to drive potential patients away

Any insights would be helpful

Thanks,

llj

Re: Testosterone Replacement Therapy - LL Surgery and Recovery Questions
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 08:39:42 PM »

I think your best bet would be asking the doctors. Try emailing them.

Or schedule an appointment. They will ask what medication you're taking anyway, it's part of their first appointment usually.
Pages: [1]   Go Up