Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paley or Mahboubiab  (Read 902 times)

Thickpump

• Visitor
Paley or Mahboubiab
« on: January 21, 2020, 05:13:26 PM »

A notable price difference between the two. Wondering if anyone can comment on what different experience / procedure / quality there are between the two doctors.

Thank you

harris88

• Visitor
Re: Paley or Mahboubiab
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 04:38:44 PM »

Here are the differences-

1- Paley may not be your primary surgeon. Dr. Robbins could end up doing one or both legs. Also as i confirmed with a couple of patients, Dr. Robbins mostly ends up seeing you for followup checkups. Whereas Dr. Mahboubian is the only LL surgeon in his practice. I think Dr. Robbins is also excellent but people need to understand that Paley is not as directly involved as you might think. But it's good to have multiple surgeons being able to treat you in case one is absent.
2- Paley is $20 k more expensive. I wouldn't make a decision just to save money though.
3- Paley center is like a factory and bustling with patients often non CLL. I haven't seen Dr. Mahboubian's practice though.
4- Paley offers physical therapy in house. They know their stuff really well. I would love it if they could give me feedback on how I am progressing. Also their partner hotel takes you to PT and check-ups. With Dr. M you might have to figure out some of these things on your own.

The only reason I might consider Dr. Mahboubian is due the location and most of the diaries here. I am yet to hear anything negative about him.

BoneStretching

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 06:58:39 AM »

I will tell you this.

A few things i liked about Dr. M

- I really appreciated his same day responses on email.
 - He pushed me to my potential, if he saw an area I was not excelling in (e.g. Ham stretching), he would tell me you have GOT to stretch those hams to avoid this and that issue.
 - His alignment atleast so far from patients I have seen , and my own is very good. Literally smack dab alignment on my Femurs and the stride. Maybe this is common, but certainly appreciated.
- Cali weather is less humid, and nice place to chill during this process (i live in Cali so i may be bias).
- Regarding PT, honestly find an awesome PT with great yelp reviews, and they will take care of you. Dr. M communicates directly with them. MAKE SURE TO TELL YOU PT to reach out to DR. M. Mine did, and it helped alot.
- He has a great track record as the poster above me indicated.

Good luck Senor.

readyprecisestryde

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 09:27:51 AM »

1. Dr. Paley has done over 20,000 limb lengthening surgeries since 1986.
2. Dr. Paley collaborated with NuVasive in the development of this latest Precise Stryde.
3. Four nights hospital stay with Dr. Paley and Dr, Mahboubian hospital stay for up to 3 days
4. Dr. Paley and Dr. Robbins are both board certified by by American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.

readyprecisestryde

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 09:37:02 AM »

Also, It is mandatory to stay in West Palm Beach with Dr. Paley during the lengthening. Dr. Mahboubian is more flexible and not mandatory to stay  in Los Angeles for the entire lengthening process

FormerKidd

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2020, 01:38:15 PM »

- Cali weather is less humid, and nice place to chill during this process (i live in Cali so i may be bias).
WPB does not have the humidity problem inner cities in Florida have.  It's like saying to avoid LA because the heat sucks in Fresno :)

Having spent time in both places, WPB is chiller, cheaper, with much less traffic.  But YMMV.

Movie

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2020, 06:48:41 AM »

If I had to do it again and I lived exactly in between these two I'd go Mahboubian not even second guessing it lol. even though there's a few things I didn't appreciate about Mahboubian and his "discount promisses" that he didn't honor with me ... like why even offer them if you're not going to honor them, It still came out much cheaper than Paley's and well... my recovery has been great so far no complaints.
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up