Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just got this bump on my leg less than a week before removing my Fixator  (Read 372 times)

Rei

https://imgur.com/a/NBc15pd

Should i be worried, already sent the pictures to my doctor and waiting for a reply

Rei

Re: Just got this bump on my leg less than a week before removing my Fixator
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 01:59:07 PM »

Ok just in case future LLer will read this this.

Dr Pili just replied to me, apparently every broken bone during the healing goes trough a phase called “bone remodelling” where the callus gets harder and is bigger compared to the original bone and during the years the bone should turn slowly like the original thickness, since tibias in that spot are surrounded from nothing but skin, sometimes you can notice the difference

Futureller

Re: Just got this bump on my leg less than a week before removing my Fixator
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 06:28:21 PM »

Ok just in case future LLer will read this this.

Dr Pili just replied to me, apparently every broken bone during the healing goes trough a phase called “bone remodelling” where the callus gets harder and is bigger compared to the original bone and during the years the bone should turn slowly like the original thickness, since tibias in that spot are surrounded from nothing but skin, sometimes you can notice the difference

I appreciate the information, everyone always says broken bone heals harder and stronger than original bone, I'm sure it will take a long time, but during my physical work and in the gym I will be sure to keep caution in mind.  LL is definitely something I wanna do no matter what my line of work tbh. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up