Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you need to eat a lot to grow bone?  (Read 207 times)

Alexa

• Visitor
Do you need to eat a lot to grow bone?
« on: February 19, 2020, 02:52:45 AM »

I haven’t been able to find out the answer using google lol-

Do you need to be eating a sufficient amount in order to grow so much new bone so fast when having this procedure?

Just wondering because I know that a caloric surplus is required to grow muscle.

I am a 5’5” female and I hope to have this procedure done to reach a supermodel height lol but am worried that I might spend a lot of money but not be successful in growing a lot of bone. I am around 95ibs and follow a plant based diet and I have a hard time getting enough calories as it is! Or would I be fine just taking a multivitamin that includes calcium and drinking protein shakes? If I need to eat a surplus of calories I am fine gaining weight during the procedure as I can always lose it no problem later I just want to weigh my options and decide if it’s worth it!

Thank you in advance!

cyborg4life

Re: Do you need to eat a lot to grow bone?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 06:02:04 AM »

Hey Alexa it's true you would be best off eating a well balanced diet but so long as you are consuming adequate water, protein and healthy fats your body can synthesize the raw materials for bone. Obviously I supplemented with things such as bony matrix products to expedite the process and collagen type 1 and 3 but if you eat properly and rehab consistently your bone should consolidate nicely
Part of PRECICE nail pilot study in 2012 to fix leg length discrepancy on left tibia. Gained near 2" in height as result
www.cyborg4life.com
YouTube:@Cyborg 4 Life...Instagram:@bigvicpro
Podcast: https://anchor.fm/leglengthening%20

Alexa

• Visitor
Re: Do you need to eat a lot to grow bone?
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 06:35:46 AM »

Oooh those sound like effective supplements I will have to try those! Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up