Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nail Removal with Giotakis  (Read 1060 times)

marathonrunner

Nail Removal with Giotakis
« on: October 27, 2020, 07:09:59 PM »

Anyone get their nails removed with Giotakis?

How was the experience and how much did it cost?

I was quoted end of March 2020 for 6800 EUR, then sent another email today.. we are still in 2020 and got quoted 7800 EUR.

Not sure how prices work in Greece.. but most other doctors will change prices yearly I believe.. so 2019 to 2020 the prices will change but this is the first time I heard of prices changing in the same year (or maybe I haven't met enough doctors? dunno).

Movie

Re: Nail Removal with Giotakis
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 07:31:28 PM »

I'm planning on doing it with him as soon as I can, but you're right when I talked to him about it last year 2019 around May, Stryde nail removal was 5,800E! lol now they're 7.8K but it's still the best bang for your buck assuming he does just as good of a job as the US doctors.
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

marathonrunner

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2020, 03:43:07 AM »

Ah.. I might as well go back to Lee then. I think Lee's removal is cheaper.

BelowTheMean

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2020, 04:24:27 AM »

Ah.. I might as well go back to Lee then. I think Lee's removal is cheaper.

Does Lee do removals for patients who didn't lengthen with him?
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

Body Builder

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2020, 09:20:36 AM »

7800 is a huge price for nail removal, especially on Greece.
Nail removal is not very hard and any orthopedic surgeon can perform it.
I wouldn't pay anything more than 3-3500 euros for somethimg like that.
7800 is a joke.

marathonrunner

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2020, 12:16:55 PM »

I do agree with Body Builder on this. The price of stryde in Greece is 47XXX EUR and he wants 7800 EUR to remove nails.

Hmm.. I don't know if Lee does it for patients who didnt lengthen with him.. I think he does.

When I was there I did ask Sales because a friend of mine who did it at Paley wanted to remove it at Lee's and sales did quote me for my friend.

So I think it is possible?

HeightGain

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2020, 02:17:40 PM »

That is a high cost for Europe

Samsunny889

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2020, 02:54:16 PM »

Can anyone post x-rays after nail removal and the limb lengthening procedure

Movie

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2020, 04:27:46 PM »

Cheapest nail removal in the US from one of the known CLL doctors would be Debiparshad ... at 14K
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

Body Builder

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2020, 04:34:57 PM »

Cheapest nail removal in the US from one of the known CLL doctors would be Debiparshad ... at 14K
On USA LL cost is 100k.
Not 47k like Greece.

Also on Greece the average salary is less than 1000 euros while in USA it is 3X at least.
So prices on Greece has nothing to do with USA. And 7800 for nail removal on Greece is a joke.
Most surgeons there can do it for maximum 3k including hospital costs of course.
I hope Giotikas don't become a moneyhungry enterpreneur like many other doctors in the past and keep doing LL at normal prices and good results. 7800 are unacceptable.

HeightGain

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2020, 06:22:23 PM »

That is of 9k USD then travel and stay on top. I probably would get it done where you are if only that little difference. Greece's medical system is definitely below the US and Western Europe

BelowTheMean

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2020, 06:42:19 PM »

On USA LL cost is 100k.
Not 47k like Greece.

Also on Greece the average salary is less than 1000 euros while in USA it is 3X at least.
So prices on Greece has nothing to do with USA. And 7800 for nail removal on Greece is a joke.
Most surgeons there can do it for maximum 3k including hospital costs of course.
I hope Giotikas don't become a moneyhungry enterpreneur like many other doctors in the past and keep doing LL at normal prices and good results. 7800 are unacceptable.

I'm sure most of the international doctors have both local and international prices. I doubt the local discount is huge though, since it would be potentially taking up an international slot. Since this surgery is so expensive, medical tourism is definitely a consideration for many, so market prices are definitely influenced by the US.
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Tengo

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2020, 07:10:13 PM »

Could the NHS do this for free if you go through a special avenue?

Arcon

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2020, 08:25:21 PM »

I think DG just prices out nail removal patients that are not his. He charges less than half (around 3700euro) his own patients and always gives them priority in his implant removal lists.

Movie

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2020, 01:52:46 AM »

On USA LL cost is 100k.
Not 47k like Greece.

@BodyBuilder: I got my Stryde femurs done for 72K
and with Dr.G it's 53.8K USD as of today

OH Really?! Maybe you can point me to some of these doctors that can do it for a maximum of 3K ? with actual proof and email receipts that they're willing to remove bi-lateral stryde nails for that price please. Because to me 7.8K euros ... it's a bit steep but definitely a bargain compared to the US.

@HeightGain: Yes travel and stay would add another couple thousands, but the way I see it, I'd still be saving money, getting my rods out, and having a nice little vacay in Greece lol.
Nails removed 10/06/2021

marathonrunner

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2020, 05:21:07 AM »

Just a side note, I think from my conversation with sales at Lee it was slightly less than 7,000,000 KRW total cost incl 3 day stay in 4 bedroom to remove nail.

And this was quoted for my Paley friend who didn't do LL at Lee.

That is approx 5,2XX EUR and it is 3 day stay while Giotakis is 1 day only I believe.

Movie

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2020, 06:12:32 AM »

Just a side note, I think from my conversation with sales at Lee it was slightly less than 7,000,000 KRW total cost incl 3 day stay in 4 bedroom to remove nail.

That is approx 5,2XX EUR and it is 3 day stay while Giotakis is 1 day only I believe.

Definitely going to look into it! Emailing right now
Nails removed 10/06/2021

Arcon

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2020, 07:46:54 AM »

3-night stay for a simple nail removal??...This is last century practice and unnecessary exposure to hospitalization infections imo. (Let alone the 4-bed bedroom)

HeightGain

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2020, 08:35:22 AM »

Have a look at Betz and Kohne, if I remember correctly I think at least one of them is cheaper for their own patients

marathonrunner

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2020, 10:04:22 AM »

@ HeightGain, Aw well I'm not a patient of either Betz or Kohne :[

@ Arcon, Regarding the 3 night stay, not sure that was what was told to me.. so can't really comment on that. But there are nurses 24/7 and you're taking antibiotics so I dunno. I will comment after I've done it, don't want to comment on something I haven't done yet.

@Movie, sounds good, let me know what Hailey says.

Wait wait, maybe its a 2 night stay, 3 day stay. Now my memory is all bungled, I think I asked this back in Dec of 2019 while I was still there, either that or I asked in February of 2020 during my final surgery period. My memory :[ haha

Body Builder

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2020, 12:59:31 PM »

@BodyBuilder: I got my Stryde femurs done for 72K
and with Dr.G it's 53.8K USD as of today

OH Really?! Maybe you can point me to some of these doctors that can do it for a maximum of 3K ? with actual proof and email receipts that they're willing to remove bi-lateral stryde nails for that price please. Because to me 7.8K euros ... it's a bit steep but definitely a bargain compared to the US.

@HeightGain: Yes travel and stay would add another couple thousands, but the way I see it, I'd still be saving money, getting my rods out, and having a nice little vacay in Greece lol.
Find some other surgeons, even where Giotikas operates (Mediterraneo hospital), and I am completely sure they will operate you for less than 4.000.
Almost 8k for nail removal is a joke and I don't care what is going on on USA where average salaries are much more but still prices for medical isuues are a joke too.

Also, 1 night hospitalization is enough for nail removal if there are no complications.

If Giotikas do other prices (almost half) to his patients as someome mentioned then it is ok.
But 7.800 for his patients on Greece is too much.
End of discussion.

BelowTheMean

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2020, 02:47:37 PM »

I heard that nail removal is an outpatient procedure, but maybe that's only in the US where a single night hospital stay can be thousands of dollars.

Now I'm tempted to get mine removed with Lee too... though I still need to get my nails put in before they can be removed ;)

marathonrunner

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2020, 04:36:04 PM »

I heard that nail removal is an outpatient procedure, but maybe that's only in the US where a single night hospital stay can be thousands of dollars.

Now I'm tempted to get mine removed with Lee too... though I still need to get my nails put in before they can be removed ;)

Haha

Beemer m3

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2020, 11:30:09 PM »

Last time I read it was 1000usd to remove nail. I must have read an old post.
before 168cm current 173.5 cm
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

goal 2025-26 precice max femur
Pages: [1]   Go Up