Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What do legs feel like during lengthening?  (Read 646 times)

harris88

• Visitor
What do legs feel like during lengthening?
« on: February 13, 2020, 06:56:17 PM »

Specially asking about femur internal LL. Did your legs during lengthening feel like something you've never experienced before LL?

Are these some ways so simulate an LL like experience?

- Do a very very heavy leg workout and wait for a day for the pain to set in
- Sit cross legged for an extended period of time to experience a prickly sensation
- Put a cold pack on your leg to make it cold and numb

I just can't imagine what it will feel like and how "scary" it will feel. Any inputs?

Thank you

Sanity

Re: What do legs feel like during lengthening?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 01:41:45 AM »

its nothing like that. you will have to cut and  stretch the bone, tendons, nerves and muscles at the same time to feel the pain. I suggest dont do ll and fck with natural legs unles ur really really fked up already.
post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)

kilin

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 10:25:50 PM »

its nothing like that. you will have to cut and  stretch the bone, tendons, nerves and muscles at the same time to feel the pain. I suggest dont do ll and fk with natural legs unles ur really really fked up already.
It depends on the body.  Now I have lengthened my femur by almost 6.5cm with an external fixator(monorail) and an inner nail (lon).  I still in distraction  phase. Right now my pain level is 0/10 without painkillers. Only there is numbness of the skin on the legs.  In the beginning, I experienced pain, about 3 out of 10, sometimes even 5-6 out of 10, but any non-steroidal anti-inflammatory painkiller helps.
For me the pain is like when you walked or stood for a very long time.

FormerKidd

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 11:55:08 PM »

For the first few weeks, I would feel the swelling but after that, it was more like a constant aching.

cyborg4life

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 12:36:06 AM »

I can't speak for the femur but I had the tibia done and it was painful in the beginning, it's a broken leg after all. But I focused on therapy and rehab and managed to have little to no pain just maybe a bit of swelling from time to time like others said. It isn't the easiest thing but the result speaks for itself if it's what you want
Your friendly neighborhood Cyborg spreading LL awareness
https://cyborg4life.com/
YouTube: Cyborg 4 Life
Pages: [1]   Go Up