Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Note from Dr Rozbruch before appointment  (Read 1871 times)

Dirona

Note from Dr Rozbruch before appointment
« on: February 17, 2020, 06:46:53 AM »

"Finally the most important issue to consider is that lengthening for stature in any individual over 5 foot tall is primarily for aesthetic and psychological  reasons and does not improve function.  It does seem to improve body image in patients with what we call short stature neurosis.  Nevertheless, the issue of function is of greatest concern to us. This procedure can damage nerves, muscles and joints.  If such damage were to occur it could become irreversible leading to long term problems such as arthritis, limitation of joint motion and pain. Pulmonary embolism and deep vein thrombosis are rare with this surgery, but they can occur and could lead to sudden shortness of breath, chronic leg swelling and even death.  While loss of life and limb have never occurred to us with this procedure, one must still weigh the risks of undergoing a major surgical procedure versus the benefits of increasing ones stature by 3 inches.  Proceeding with the surgery is a very personal decision. "
Taking it easy

Dirona

Re: Note from Dr Rozbruch before appointment
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 06:56:32 AM »

This is making me scared :-[
Taking it easy

5cm Stryde

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 09:45:23 AM »

He is just saying the truth : he is a good doctor just for this reason

Stepfast

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 11:30:28 AM »

It is Scary and this is the reality of this surgery.

MirinHeight

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 03:47:28 PM »

"Finally the most important issue to consider is that lengthening for stature in any individual over 5 foot tall is primarily for aesthetic and psychological  reasons and does not improve function.  It does seem to improve body image in patients with what we call short stature neurosis.  Nevertheless, the issue of function is of greatest concern to us. This procedure can damage nerves, muscles and joints.  If such damage were to occur it could become irreversible leading to long term problems such as arthritis, limitation of joint motion and pain. Pulmonary embolism and deep vein thrombosis are rare with this surgery, but they can occur and could lead to sudden shortness of breath, chronic leg swelling and even death.  While loss of life and limb have never occurred to us with this procedure, one must still weigh the risks of undergoing a major surgical procedure versus the benefits of increasing ones stature by 3 inches.  Proceeding with the surgery is a very personal decision. "

Bilateral femurs are much more likely to release fat emboli and cause fat embolism syndrome than tibias. FES can result in a fatal outcome. FES is much more rare when doing tibias

Pulmonary embolism is another risk and can also cause a fatal outcome but this can be mitigated by you taking blood thinner post surgery. Furthermore studies show that the risk of pulmonary embolism is much lower in asians/pacific islanders.

Both fat embolism and pulmonary embolism are rare complications that can be fatal. Good patient education and physician skill are necessary to avoid these complications or be adequately treated if they arise
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

Dirona

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2020, 05:06:19 AM »

Thanks guys.I am at 5 ft 6.Although the urge of gaining 3 more inches to make me 5 ft 9 (average) is high,I still need to evaluate the risks-both surgical as well as other factors such as time,money etc..
Taking it easy

cyborg4life

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2020, 11:14:27 PM »

Yeah he's just being real with you. I was scared as heck getting it done having already started my natural bodybuilding career but my doc assured me I could make a solid recovery. Regardless there are a ton of risks and I plan on making another video to discuss them soon. The bone is the easy part, the soft tissue and day to day grind executing every task perfectly to avoid non-unions, pre-consolidation etc. is the true challenge.

One thing I did prior to my surgery was make myself a program to get into killer shape, increase flexibility and have a rehab and post rehab, rebuilding plan in effect to make my chances for success so much more likely.

Regardless the LL surgery is a very, very personal decision indeed.

Feel free to reach out if you have additional questions, it's almost harder to make the decision than to go with the procedure.
Your friendly neighborhood Cyborg spreading LL awareness
https://cyborg4life.com/
YouTube: Cyborg 4 Life

Dirona

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2020, 07:46:46 PM »

Thanks cyborg..I will DM you..There are many people who have a strong desire/motivation to do the surgery but just do not have the time/money or the risk appetite..If it were to be a "simple" cosmetic procedure such as a nose job or a liposuction, I am sure the number would have been 50X..Knowing the impact it can have on someone who is of a below average height,I am almost certain about it..
Taking it easy

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2020, 04:59:01 PM »

And that's how you know he's a good surgeon. Function over height. Safety over cosmetics. Truth over money. Liking Rozbruch more quite a bit, though I've always liked him anyways.
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

las vegas baby

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2020, 05:10:02 PM »

how someone can read that and think 'OK imma do it anyway"? might as well not offer the surgery and instead put such extremely depress/crazy people into life long medication and therapy
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 05:47:16 PM by las vegas baby »

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2020, 05:14:50 PM »

how someone can read that and think 'OK imma do it anyway"? might as well not offer the surgery and put such extremely depress/crazy people into life long medication and therapy

Because height affects someone's quality of life to arrive to that point of desperation where they would risk their life to change it.

User requested self-ban.

las vegas baby

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2020, 05:40:07 PM »

Because height affects someone's quality of life to arrive to that point of desperation where they would risk their life to change it.

does he also send the same message to people who enquire abt deformities? "its a very personal decision. one must outweigh the risks of losing life or limb to getting a few degrees of alignment"

dont say stuff like its different this is cosmetic bla bla bla. The risks are absolute. If you gonna lose legs / life from this you can also lose em from doing knock knee correction.

does someone who fixes his knock knees think "Ok I cant live like this. Imma risk my life and get this fixed" ?

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2020, 04:00:16 AM »

Arthritis sucks too you know. No one loses legs from LL. LL saves "lost" legs. I'd rather kill myself than be disabled in autonomous movement though that is true. Disabled in movement is game over

LL is usually die or recover good not much in between unless u go to Russia and indian and betz and guuchet 0 death CLL btw in usa

User requested self-ban.

exceeding2meters

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2020, 08:15:59 AM »

CLL is not for the faint hearted
It is not for those who think their life will improve if they get taller
It is only for those who suffer so much from their lack of height that they are prepared to risk everything in the hope of getting to the height they want
Personally I am willing to risk death and being a cripple in a wheelchair in order to get to 5 10
Those who are not willing to take all the associated risks do not deserve to get taller in my opinion
Having said that, I think the risks are rather exaggetated in the sense that a good doctor, especially of the magnitude of Rozbruch, will be able to notice at which point your body has reached its limit, and if you stop lengthening when you are told to do so, you ll be completely fine
Death from CLL is a complete joke, the only case was some poor Indian from Guichet, and it was partly his fault
I tell you now, I am the one to survive
No one can stop my faith or my STRYDE!!

Polvorón

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2020, 11:38:12 PM »

Riding a motorbike is also dangerous, it can damage nerves, muscles and joints, but people are still riding them.

Be careful if you do it, just like people that ride motorbikes.
Note: at this moment I'm only a "pretender", I want to know more about this interesting procedure. Hopping to become 185 cm (6'1'') from 174 cm (5'8 ½''), but it is too expensive.
My sitting height is 92½ - 94 cm (36''½ 37''), my length of legs is 81 cm (32'') and my armspan is 180 cm (70'' 7/8).

MakeMeTallAF

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2020, 03:35:08 AM »

I think this is just for liability purposes

He is listing the worst case scenario. I mean the worst case scenario for everything is bad. Worse case scenario for getting on a plane... you crash and die. Does this mean you will never fly again?

The rates of complication are pretty low now with the Stryde nail and being conservative in your lengthening and going to a good doctor with a strong history

SpeedDialer

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2020, 04:37:04 AM »

O hey Cyborg!

Good luck on your youtube channel, love your vids!

If you were 5'7 and had 155k$, what are your thoughts on doing stryde tibia and femurs in Greece with Giotikas back to back two years from now like early 2022?

Budget too tight / not enough money money for complication surgeries for this in your opinion? 

Dirona

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2020, 04:30:37 PM »

Don't you guys think that short dudes need to change their perspective and increase acceptance rather than going through this surgery?
Taking it easy

Body Builder

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2020, 04:50:00 PM »

Don't you guys think that short dudes need to change their perspective and increase acceptance rather than going through this surgery?
Society won't change how it seems short men, nor women epsecially.
So the acceptance of a short person won't change how society sees it nor it will make his life better.

Short men who do LL don't have any psychological problem, society has a problem with short men and that makes them so desperate to risk a so major surgery.
Average or even more who want LL is a completely different topic and yes, some 6+ft tall men who want LL surely need psuchological assist to accept themselves as the problem is only on their mind.

Dirona

« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2020, 05:00:14 PM »

Agreed. I understand that short men (under 5 foot 7 esp) are not seen as desirable by society.In fact, I was rejected by a girl yesterday for being short( I am 5 foot 6). But the issue here is surgical risk, time etc...How about this attitude- I know that a large portion of women would find me undesirable. However, a certain sect might find it a non-issue and would value other traits more.Let me have a relationship with one of these women and focus on my other passions/vocation and be accomplished? I know having this shift in mindset is easier said than done since I am unable to do it myself and struggle with it..
Taking it easy

Shadow91

« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2020, 05:29:30 PM »

Btw in Cyborg's interwiew with Dr Giotikas. Dr Giotiks mentioned that the risk of complication is the same as other major orthopedic surgery like knee replacement, hip replacement surgery etc. What do you guys think?

Dirona

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2020, 06:19:24 PM »

I agree that some risks are the same
Taking it easy

Polvorón

« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2020, 10:12:25 PM »

I don't want to accept something that I don't want in my life.

Everything has risk, I wouldn't tell a motorbike enthusiast "hey!, You will go crippled ridding that thing! Instead buy a car or travel by train, which is even safer than the car! Get therapy! Accept the train!!!".

Limb lengthening have risks, but they can be reduced and managed, just like riding a bike or a car. I love trains, but because they are an awesome mean of transportation, not because they are safer than cars or bikes.
Note: at this moment I'm only a "pretender", I want to know more about this interesting procedure. Hopping to become 185 cm (6'1'') from 174 cm (5'8 ½''), but it is too expensive.
My sitting height is 92½ - 94 cm (36''½ 37''), my length of legs is 81 cm (32'') and my armspan is 180 cm (70'' 7/8).

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2020, 10:36:07 PM »

Btw in Cyborg's interwiew with Dr Giotikas. Dr Giotiks mentioned that the risk of complication is the same as other major orthopedic surgery like knee replacement, hip replacement surgery etc. What do you guys think?

Sounds about right.  Definitely avoid all those surgeries unless you really need them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up