Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is the most convenient method of LL?  (Read 570 times)

jem_semarc

What is the most convenient method of LL?
« on: February 18, 2020, 10:55:46 AM »

Hi guys,

I am pleased to have joined you all on this forum and on this adventure.

I'm pretty new to this whole thing but I reckon after a lot of research, I will most likely go ahead and do one of the surgeries. I currently only know about one procedure.

I've read up on Dr. Guichet's procedure in London (very pricey though) but this looks like the most reliable method, am I right? I understand that all procedures have its pros and cons, but what would you say is the most convenient? I am not looking for max height gain, just a few cm really. I am a business owner so I can only afford to take minimal time off work so I am looking for the quickest/most painless method of LL while sacrificing the height gain limit.

Now, I understand that they all need plenty of time off and will come with a lot of pain, but there must be a method which is more endurable and slightly faster to get back to normal life and that's really what I am looking for.

I'll still do all my research over the next year and if I do plan on actually doing it, this would take place in 2021 so I would have plenty of time do think about it.

Appreciate any responses.
Stryde on Femurs in Jan/2021 with Dr. Giotikas - currently @ 5 ft 5, goal height 5 ft 8.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: What is the most convenient method of LL?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 03:19:39 PM »

You found it already. ;)

cyborg4life

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 07:10:24 PM »

Hey jem_semarc yeah I think that you are on the right track with the Guichet nail. The Precice Stryde is pretty badass too. I wish all these were around when I got it but you'll be in good standing once you decide
Your friendly neighborhood Cyborg spreading LL awareness
https://cyborg4life.com/
YouTube: Cyborg 4 Life

Siegfried

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 08:13:04 PM »

What about betznail?
Unilateral Quadrilateral Lengthening 2021/22 w/ Koehne
Pre-Surgery: 1.67 m
Post-Surgery: 1.76 m
My Story: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68285.msg221238#msg221238

cyborg4life

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2020, 10:58:58 PM »

Oh heck yeah @Siegfried the BetzBone is another great rod after he improved on the Albizzia.

You guys who are wanting to get LL done now are in the best time because more and more surgeons are patenting rods. Eventually it will become more of a commodity and the price should level off nicely
Your friendly neighborhood Cyborg spreading LL awareness
https://cyborg4life.com/
YouTube: Cyborg 4 Life
Pages: [1]   Go Up