Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you need to eat a lot to grow bone?  (Read 468 times)

Alexa

• Visitor
Do you need to eat a lot to grow bone?
« on: February 19, 2020, 02:52:45 AM »

I haven’t been able to find out the answer using google lol-

Do you need to be eating a sufficient amount in order to grow so much new bone so fast when having this procedure?

Just wondering because I know that a caloric surplus is required to grow muscle.

I am a 5’5” female and I hope to have this procedure done to reach a supermodel height lol but am worried that I might spend a lot of money but not be successful in growing a lot of bone. I am around 95ibs and follow a plant based diet and I have a hard time getting enough calories as it is! Or would I be fine just taking a multivitamin that includes calcium and drinking protein shakes? If I need to eat a surplus of calories I am fine gaining weight during the procedure as I can always lose it no problem later I just want to weigh my options and decide if it’s worth it!

Thank you in advance!

cyborg4life

Re: Do you need to eat a lot to grow bone?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 06:02:04 AM »

Hey Alexa it's true you would be best off eating a well balanced diet but so long as you are consuming adequate water, protein and healthy fats your body can synthesize the raw materials for bone. Obviously I supplemented with things such as bony matrix products to expedite the process and collagen type 1 and 3 but if you eat properly and rehab consistently your bone should consolidate nicely
Your friendly neighborhood Cyborg spreading LL awareness
https://cyborg4life.com/
YouTube: Cyborg 4 Life

Alexa

• Visitor
Re: Do you need to eat a lot to grow bone?
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 06:35:46 AM »

Oooh those sound like effective supplements I will have to try those! Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up