Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Regular IM nail (after EF) by Dr Lee  (Read 1390 times)

marathonrunner

Regular IM nail (after EF) by Dr Lee
« on: February 19, 2020, 10:25:08 AM »

Had an IM nail done by Dr Lee after having EF.

Thoughts?

I don't know if it is my flexibility or if it is the angle of the nail but when I try to stand on my left leg, I feel like I am falling backwards. My right leg is fine, it has stryde and the bone is pretty much straight up and down. I can stand on my right leg only like in a yoga position and not fall backwards. But no way I can do it with my left leg, also when I walk it is hard to get my left foot flat on the floor instead it tends to be more on the front of my feet.

So my left leg is using a curved IM nail done by Dr Lee. I am not sure why he chose a curved nail instead of a straight nail but.. no choice I have it in my leg already and I already paid for it all.

Wondering if anyone else has a similar experience with the straightness of the bone and if you had any issues with falling backwards when standing up. Were you able to stretch it out? Or was it not possible to stretch it out.

Thoughts, advice, feedback appreciated.

Stepfast

• Visitor
Re: Regular IM nail (after EF) by Dr Lee
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 11:05:16 AM »

Work on your flexibility and strength

marathonrunner

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 01:37:26 PM »

Thanks, I've been trying to work on my flexibility, still hard to get my left foot down flat. Have you seen this in other patients or did you experience something similar yourself? Do you think having this alignment would be an issue or its considered normal?

Jim_dabarber

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 02:21:14 PM »

All IM nails are curved bro or else they wouldnt be able to get them inside the bone canal. If you go check out my tibia xrays youll see what im saying.
Your bone alignment is a little off but not major.
Seems like you need to work on your achilles stretching if your stepping with the front of your foot first. Only reason that would happen is if you have tight calves and achilles.
165 cm pre LL / 174 cm after undergoing 4cm on tibias and 5cm on femurs, Cross-Lengthening with Dr. Kulesh and Dr. Solomin / http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5016.0

marathonrunner

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2020, 07:37:06 AM »

Hmm, maybe my nail is too long for my bone?

When I talk about curvature I'm not talking about the top part, that I know is curved/bent for easy entry/exit out of the top of the tibia bone. Example would be the stryde nail I had/have. Photo below.

I'm basically comparing the IM nail with a nail similar to the stryde nail, and for sure there are IM nails that have the same shape as the stryde nail. So I don't think all nails are curved like this. I think it depends on the company.

Yea seems my aligntment is off approx 6-7 degrees.

Still stretching, and forcing the foot down but still.. really hard to get my foot flat on the floor no matter how much I'm forcing it down.

I just wonder.. if the alignment wasn't off by 6-7 degrees if I would have this problem.

more

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2020, 11:56:49 AM »

Hello . How are you Marathonrunner?

marathonrunner

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2020, 05:30:32 AM »

Hi More, good how are you? You can PM me if you want. I wouldn’t have saw your message if I didn’t browse through the forum.

more

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2020, 03:52:10 PM »

I PMed you my Questions
Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up