Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What are good excuses to explain absence if I'm gone a few months?  (Read 881 times)

vitaminD20

• Visitor

Hey everyone, I'm from Europe and working on finally getting the surgery done soon.

People who are currently doing the surgery: any thoughts on the best ways to keep it a secret? I'm thinking of saying I went to volunteer in a 3rd world country for a few months. But other than that I'm not sure.

There's a lot of stigma on height where I'm from and it would definitely be seen as extreme/weird if I told people I got surgery.

RenaissanceMan

• Visitor
Re: What are good excuses to explain absence if I'm gone a few months?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 03:55:47 PM »

What do you think about a brain tumor?   :'(
Also, what do you think about bow leg correction?  8)

Tartar

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 04:03:44 PM »

Guys you are crazy.
When you are taller you have just something better than before. The only thing to do is be sure about their choice, people judge just if you are scared to let it know, if you let people know a mental complex. You need to be self confident and to let know it was an easy process, such as a girl who go under breast surgery.

vitaminD20

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 11:55:15 PM »

Lol brain tumor is too extreme and I don't want to mention any type of leg surgery. Maybe I'll just say I found work overseas. In Africa or something.

Athens

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 12:04:06 AM »

Studying for one semester abroad. When you come back, you could say you hiked the day before you went to the airport, and while you were in the airport, instead of resting properly as you should have, you further exacerbated shin splints walking long distances in the terminal with a lot of pain, and it led to damage that will take a little while to recover from, in the event you walk a little funny or require crutches.

jem_semarc

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2020, 12:32:00 AM »

Studying for one semester abroad. When you come back, you could say you hiked the day before you went to the airport, and while you were in the airport, instead of resting properly as you should have, you further exacerbated shin splints walking long distances in the terminal with a lot of pain, and it led to damage that will take a little while to recover from, in the event you walk a little funny or require crutches.
Probably the best excuse! :)
Stryde on Femurs in Jan/2021 with Dr. Giotikas - currently @ 5 ft 5, goal height 5 ft 8.

Tartar

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2020, 12:48:46 AM »

Damn guys people is not so stupid lol
It’s better to tell the truth, otherwise everybody will understand what did you do anyway (LL) and in addition they’ll see a complex about this topic, keeping it secret. Maybe they will not tell it to you directly, but they’ll talk anyway.
The risk is that trying to keep it secret to hide your desire to be taller you are just going to let people know how sad and fragile you can be saying all these bull .
If you really want to keep everything secret (no sense in my opinion) go in another city and don’t come back.

Tomhard

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2020, 02:25:04 AM »

Lol Tartar whats wrong with you.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2020, 03:03:26 AM »

I'd probably agree with tartar. Own up to it, or else your simply creating another insecurity, which we payed so much to get rid of a different insecurity.

And yeah, if you wanna truly keep it secret find a new job. Though you can never keep it secret from mom and dad and siblings.
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

Tartar

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2020, 08:25:00 AM »

Nothing wrong with me, I’m just saying the truth, it’s up to you to decide what to do but pay attention because all these excuses are utopian and nobody will trust you after seeing your height increase.

jem_semarc

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2020, 12:07:20 AM »

If you want to keep it a secret, then you can do so by not telling anyone. It’s not hard to explain an absence as mentioned earlier. Working abroad, a semester abroad etc it doesn’t really matter. Just imagine as if you didn’t have LL and you’ve increased a few cm by eating healthy and fixing posture at the gym. I know it sounds ridiculous but after the first few times people see you, they won’t care about it as much. Always remember, others won’t care about your height as much as you do. It’s on your mind constantly since you’ve done LL, but not theirs.
Stryde on Femurs in Jan/2021 with Dr. Giotikas - currently @ 5 ft 5, goal height 5 ft 8.

MirinHeight

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2020, 09:10:42 AM »

I am personally going to be going to grad school starting next yr in another state. But I am moving earlier to get settled in and do research, etc
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021
Pages: [1]   Go Up