Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's the best for my situation  (Read 508 times)

ShortFit

• Visitor
What's the best for my situation
« on: March 08, 2020, 06:10:24 PM »

Hello guys,

I've been registered here for several years but only now I am writing for the first time. I've read a lot of posts, stories, found a lot of information. Maybe too much. And that bunch of information a bit confused me. But because of various reasons I wasn't prepared for this surgery. I completely understand what does complex surgery mean because last year I had one. But now I am almost ready for the next step.

I am 27 years old, 171 cm (5.7" ft). I know, maybe some would say that my height is "normal" but since I live in the north of the Europe, my height is almost 14 cm below average. I am very muscular and really lack of flexibility. I live in European Union country so I don't have any problems to move to another country in the EU (and also outside the EU). Also I don't have any problems with job because I am software engineer so I can work remotely. My budget is 30 000 euros (~34 000 $). My goal would be: +6 cm.

For what I read, at the moment looks like the best option for me would be Giotikas in Athens. His prices: https://www.athensbjr.com/cost-pricing-of-cosmetic-limb-lengthening/ I financially fit into these options:

Tibia lengthening with TSF (Smith & Nephew) circular frames: 23615 Euro
Tibia lengthening with TSF (smith and Nephew) and Synthes Expert nail (LON): 32600 Euro

What is your opinion guys? Maybe there are better options for me? Thank you!

determination

• Newbi
  • Visitor
Re: What's the best for my situation
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 06:21:49 PM »

If you are in Europe you should talk to Dr Pili.
He does TSF lengthening, Internal Lengthening with Nail and can also use his HEF.
HE will tell you what is the best for you.
https://drpiliortopedico.it/allungamneto-arti/

Futureller

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2020, 07:13:29 PM »

You mentioned that you are "very muscular" stop working out.  I've read on here before of someone who was a body builder that had to cut their LL short because of too much tightness in the muscles.  Besides you're not gonna have to try and compensate your height with muscle anyway if you're doing LL.  And also women don't care how muscular you are in comparison to how tall your are, I know from my own experience being built like a monster can only take you so far if you're short.  Keep healthy and going to the gym but change your workout routine to be lean and healthy instead of bulky and strong, it will give you complications during lengthening.

ShortFit

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2020, 07:29:35 PM »

determination, thank you, but Italy now is the most Corona infected country in the Europe.

Futureller, I am not working out because of women. I've been going to the gym since my teenage years, when I wasn't shorter than my peers. So that's just a way of life. But I've been skipping legs day for almost a year now. I do sometimes with light weight just to keep enough muscle not to be "chicken legs guy".

determination

• Newbi
  • Visitor
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2020, 07:36:44 PM »

determination, thank you, but Italy now is the most Corona infected country in the Europe.

Sure, but in 1-2 months by now it will be over while your operation will last forever.
He also does Skype consultations so, if I were you I would give it a chance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up