Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Arm Lengthening, Is it Possible?  (Read 777 times)

Gman23

Arm Lengthening, Is it Possible?
« on: April 30, 2020, 06:48:55 PM »

I’ve been thinking of doing the surgery for a long time now and the only thing I’m confused about is if I will look disproportional. I am planning on doing the surgery twice and gain 6 inches if possible. I’m 161cm right now  and at 170cm, having a 160cm wingspan will look weird/ disproportional in my opinion. Please Help Thank You
Height 156cm / Goal 168cm / femurs and tibia with Dr Parihar or Dr Giotikas

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65614.0

NotTallEnough

• Visitor
Re: Arm Lengthening, Is it Possible?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 03:10:47 AM »

It is possible for sure. From what I understand, the humerus is the easiest bone to lengthen in the body.

Bonez

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 03:23:41 PM »

==. I am planning on doing the surgery twice and gain 6 inches if possible. I’m 161cm right now  and at 170cm, having a 160cm wingspan will look weird/ disproportional in my opinion. Please Help Thank You

you are my exact starting height and goal lol. Well technically 1cm off bc i would only do 8cm absolute max on my femurs. But yea ive heard the same thing about the humerus and from what i've read its much easier if you do one arm at a time.

You wrote 6 inches which is 176.24 (like +15.24 cm of lengthing) which will look unproportional even if you found a way to legnthen your fingers/hands,

if you're deadset on doing x2 segment lengthening, for Gods sake pls do an amount that will not require you do lengthen your arms to become proportional. Not for any health or moral reason just for the sheer amount of time/money it would take you before you could live a normal life. Just do the math and make a timeline to see exactly how long it will take you in your specific situatino to save and recover from x4 grueling and expensive cosmetic surgeries (tibs, femurs, left arm, right arm).

Just get to 5'7 and call it a day and move on. Most people can handle 8-9cm without looking disproptional. Whether a single segment can handle it is another question.

If you can't resolve your height neurosis at 161cm by becoming 170 thats on you dawg. Your height is the least of your problems at that point. Remember the goal is to move the fck on and live our lives. Not necessarily to be a certain height

This is coming from someone who is 161 cm

BetzLandLiberator

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 02:27:56 AM »

It is possible for sure. From what I understand, the humerus is the easiest bone to lengthen in the body.

It is the easiest to length but it is the one that carries the most risk. If you get a nerve problem in you rhumeros that could affect your hand coordination and you'll be disabled for life.

Do not do it. Humerus lengthening is dangerous and won't give you any real advantage in real life.

Gman23

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2020, 07:05:02 PM »

you are my exact starting height and goal lol. Well technically 1cm off bc i would only do 8cm absolute max on my femurs. But yea ive heard the same thing about the humerus and from what i've read its much easier if you do one arm at a time.

You wrote 6 inches which is 176.24 (like +15.24 cm of lengthing) which will look unproportional even if you found a way to legnthen your fingers/hands,

if you're deadset on doing x2 segment lengthening, for Gods sake pls do an amount that will not require you do lengthen your arms to become proportional. Not for any health or moral reason just for the sheer amount of time/money it would take you before you could live a normal life. Just do the math and make a timeline to see exactly how long it will take you in your specific situatino to save and recover from x4 grueling and expensive cosmetic surgeries (tibs, femurs, left arm, right arm).

Just get to 5'7 and call it a day and move on. Most people can handle 8-9cm without looking disproptional. Whether a single segment can handle it is another question.

If you can't resolve your height neurosis at 161cm by becoming 170 thats on you dawg. Your height is the least of your problems at that point. Remember the goal is to move the fk on and live our lives. Not necessarily to be a certain height

This is coming from someone who is 161 cm
so your telling me your the same height as me 160cm.I personally want to gain 6, 5 inches like I said which will make me a 5 ft 6/7, 170cm and that’s my goal. But my wingspan is 160cm and like you said it’ll look disproportional? I personally won’t be satisfied with 3 inches. What’s your goal. Arm lengthening could make my arms look even. What do you think, Thanks for your reply.

Gman23

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2020, 07:06:27 PM »

Thank You for the reply will take that in consideration.

MrJames

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2020, 11:58:47 AM »

I think it's the best way to understand this.

Put a few cm of length under your feet.

Take a picture of yourself. and  lengthening the leg picture with the application (Photoshop etc).

FormerKidd

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2020, 06:09:32 PM »

I’ve been thinking of doing the surgery for a long time now and the only thing I’m confused about is if I will look disproportional. I am planning on doing the surgery twice and gain 6 inches if possible. I’m 161cm right now  and at 170cm, having a 160cm wingspan will look weird/ disproportional in my opinion. Please Help Thank You

They can absolutely do it, but I would advise it against for purely cosmetic reasons -- others have mentioned the increased risk, but I have to ask, what is your line of work?  Think about this way, if you happened to be the person who had an unexpected side-effect and maybe one of your leg never recovers fully, this sucks but you can probably continue to work in many white-collar jobs, .etc.  If you lose functionality in an arm, that can make your life a lot more difficult.
Pages: [1]   Go Up