Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Military deployment after ll  (Read 951 times)

Lak

• Visitor
Military deployment after ll
« on: December 29, 2020, 06:00:48 AM »

Im 5 9 and thinking of going for ll to become 6 3, the surgery would be on both tibias and femurs, how much would this surgery get in the way of military deployment? I think endurance would be an issue

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
Re: Military deployment after ll
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2020, 06:04:33 AM »

Your running stamina will noticeably decrease but your muscle strength after building it back up again should go near pre-leg lengthening level. With the amount of running my friends in the military said they had to do in training, I wouldn't do it.

Also, lengthening a total of 6 inches is asinine. Don't do it.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Lak

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2020, 08:07:48 AM »

I thought 5/6 inches was the max one could do and since I'm not that short from the start it would not be that big of a % to lengthen. How does endurance decrease exactly? I mean your muscles get fatigued more quickly or your bones hurt

Lak

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2020, 08:09:56 AM »

Also I'd do the surgery when I'll be about 19 so my recovering ability will be pretty much the best they could be. Haven't grown since I was 13

SpeedDialer

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2020, 07:36:33 PM »

So I believe in the physical examination check, they require you to have removed all orthopedic hardware first? Anyone know?

dreamingtall

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2020, 05:34:32 AM »

You are young... you will learn in time that 5-6 inches to become 6'3 is unreasonable. Yes it can be done but I am 5'6 and only plan to lengthen to 5'9 (hopefully). This is a major toll on the body and you will likely not look good at 6'3. You will get the desired results you want with 2-3 inches. Being 6'3 comes with proportions that will most likely not match up well (it's tough for us all to hear). You will be fine and look amazing at 6'0. I've heard guys at 6'3+ don't enjoy it as much as you'd think it can be too tall to fit in .
Starting Height: 170.68cm; Goal Height: 182cm in two separate operations (^8cm Femurs, ^5cm Tibias)

Astronomy

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2020, 10:59:56 AM »

Seriously forget about post-LL military deployments due to such much lengthening.

Lak

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2020, 01:32:34 PM »

Guys ok you don't think 6 inches are possible, whatever, I read of a lot people doing but ok. The question was about military deployment, how does it change endurance? Muscles get fatigued more quickly? Why? Bones break more easily? You're not agile enough? Is there anyone here who got deployed?

SpeedDialer

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2020, 08:51:41 PM »

Is 5 inches reasonable or probably not? If someone does 7 cm on femur and then 6 on tibia it seems possible but it seems like the absolute safe upper limit? Not sure, seems a bit sketchy

Body Builder

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2020, 09:26:15 PM »

Im 5 9 and thinking of going for ll to become 6 3, the surgery would be on both tibias and femurs, how much would this surgery get in the way of military deployment? I think endurance would be an issue
Why from a decent height you want to lengthen that much to become super tall ?
It is stupid and of course you'll not be able to run as fast or have stamina as before or even walk normally if things don't go well. Which is very probable with 2 big LLs.

Anyway, you are a children. When you grow up you'll see that what you want is just delusional.

Samsunny889

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2020, 09:36:30 PM »

Hi body builder,

What’s your opinion, is it too much to have 2 inches done on tibia. What’s your view of 5 cm on tibia in terms of overall flexibility and strength. Can we expect full recovery with that amount of lengthening. And how long will it take to full recovery. Thanks

Body Builder

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2020, 10:08:41 PM »

Hi body builder,

What’s your opinion, is it too much to have 2 inches done on tibia. What’s your view of 5 cm on tibia in terms of overall flexibility and strength. Can we expect full recovery with that amount of lengthening. And how long will it take to full recovery. Thanks
5cm on tibias with externals only is safe and you'll be close to preLL condition if everything goes goes good.
Internals are more invasive and you risk knee pain etc even with only 5cm.

Samsunny889

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2021, 01:57:56 PM »

5cm on tibias with externals only is safe and you'll be close to preLL condition if everything goes goes good.
Internals are more invasive and you risk knee pain etc even with only 5cm.

By Externals, you mean pure externals or does that also include LON that includes nail insertion in bone then support through external frame

SpeedDialer

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2021, 08:48:32 AM »

Hmmmm :( Idk dude I think 2-3 inches internal femur w/ Parihar first before doing anymore is the way to go. I'm afraid you'll get injured with tibia adventures, not good to risk anything esp if you're already 5'9 

Kal el

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2021, 09:14:21 AM »

I think the best for this guy would be the typical 8cm stryde for 6' from 5'9....on femurs though....btw guys do u think 11 cm with 6+5(4.33inches) split is even thinkable..or is it very risky.
Pages: [1]   Go Up