Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LON Nail Removal stories  (Read 358 times)

trash bandicoot

LON Nail Removal stories
« on: March 27, 2020, 07:39:28 AM »

Hi LL,

This is a question for those of you who have done LL and used LON, did you get your nail removed in your home country? (If so is that expensive?) or did you come back to the country you did the procedure in?

How long after lengthening did you end up removing your nail? And after the nail was removed did you notice any improvements or adverse changes? (Please go into as much depth as you want!)

Sibirskiy

Re: LON Nail Removal stories
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 07:49:42 AM »

Surgery Dec 2016
Nailing LATN March 2017
Removed nails June 2018

I removed nails in my home country. Yes, it was expensive. To put into perspective, my whole treatment in russia (2 operations, accomodation food, physio ) was (at the time) around USD 8-9000. Nail removal in my home country was USD 3-4000 for 1 operation only. But I didnt pay for it, was forced to do it by family who  insisted to pay for it and didnt want me going back to russia

In terms of changes: i was dramatically better. I could run without any pain whatsoever 3 weeks post op..now im running daily on a treadmill 1 hr per day...hope to post a video soon out of boredom.

Also, you need to have your nail schematics from your surgeon who put in the nails so that the one removing the nails has the toolkit necessary to remove it. This was an issue in my case.

So yes I would recommend nail removal, but do keep in mind the cost and nail compatibility.
176 cm before
184 cm after
Diary (LATN Dec 2016-March 2017, 8.0cm) :  http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4403.0
Post CLL thoughts (Audio logs): http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4859.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up