Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What’s the sysptoms of preconsolidation? Have anyone experienced it?  (Read 834 times)

ggwellplay

• Visitor

I have lengthening tibias at 0.66mm per day. Have anyone experienced preconsolidation?
Does it pain? What’s the sysptoms of it? My first x-ray at 2 cm is perfect. Now is 4 cm. But I measure my both legs, my left tibia is much longer than right. Let me imagine my right leg is consolidated.
Until now, my right leg is very strong, I have never experienced any pain and I can walk.
Due to corona virus, all of X-ray department is closed. So I need ask you guys.

Super thanks

Ascending

The symptoms I experienced when pre-consolidating was that the pre-consolidating leg felt much stronger than the other leg and I could weight bear more easily with it.  I did femoral LL with Stryde nails.

llj

i think you should tell your doctor immediately

ggwellplay

• Visitor

Update: today I want to x-ray, the x-ray showed that my right leg fibula almost consolidated. Now my left leg is 5 cm, right leg is 3.1cm. Doctor said the bone do not fully consolidated, there is chance of further lengthening so keep resume to lengthen. Now all of hospitals cannot be operated for non-emergency, I can’t do the surgery recut the fibula. I am depressed right now seems everything is gone wrong. Can somebody give me advice? I definitely need help

Thanks

ggwellplay

• Visitor

Is that possible I can keep lengthening?

ghkid2019

• Inactive account

Doctor is idiot. You need to recut asap. There's no chance the right bone can grow. No chance, unless anatomy laws of the natural world have been violated. This is a emergency, leg lengthening descrepancy is a big issue. Push your doctor to get the operation
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

ggwellplay

• Visitor

What will occur if the recut is delayed? He said maybe two weeks more the operation can be done.
But I don’t want to wait

donnyrick

• Visitor
Re: What’s the sysptoms of preconsolidation? Have anyone experienced it?
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2021, 03:17:35 AM »

Yikes that sounds terrible. Timing is rlly important in this scenario.

If the right leg is consolidating can you reduce the separation on the left leg?

Having two separate leg lengths is a huge problem for the rest of your life.

Hope u can do a followup to see what has happened.

Vibes

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2021, 03:22:10 AM »

I believe one big symptom or "giveaway" for pre-consolidation is that the ERC machine will begin to make odd clicking/clunking noises during distraction.

One patient mentioned this happened to them and because they noticed and alerted the surgeon they were able to do a fast-distraction phase of 2mm per day for a short period of time to avoid pre-consolidation and thus having to undergo an additional surgery to re-osteotomize the bone which frankly sounds horrific to have to go through after already such a traumatic process.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2021, 03:26:39 AM »

another easy symptom is also one leg is pain free and doing really really really good range of motion wise while the other leg feels like 20x worse. that good leg is worth getting an xray to check if consolidate
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.
Pages: [1]   Go Up