Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: the disagreement from patient about CLL  (Read 1338 times)

tallerforever

• Visitor
the disagreement from patient about CLL
« on: March 31, 2020, 05:13:00 AM »

Hi, is anybody facing the problem when discussing the CLL with parents or other relatives? Do you have any idea to convince parents of this surgery? I am facing this problem since, in my country, due to lack of regulation and supervision, in the earlier years, many patients accepted surgeries under quacks, leading irreversible damage to the body, and now the CLL is forbidden. The doctor would only do the LL for patients with limb discrepancies or other disables. So even I consult orthopedics doctors with my mom (she is a doctor as well), they are extremely conservative, the complication is the most concern, they always talk about the risk of infection and other vessel or nerve damage, then underestimate the necessity of this kind of cosmetic surgery for a normal people. I feel really headache about that since even I said I will do the surgery with Dr. P or donghoon who are excellent in this field, they just ignore it!!. So, it is hard to explain the expertise about Dr. dong hoon or Dr. Paley if they just disregard the importance of height and focus on the risk itself.   
PS. without support from them, I could not afford the surgery in a few years, cuz my career would start nearly the late 20s, besides I do not want to break the relationship with them, because of this thing.

If you have any idea or facing the same problem, talk about it here.
Now:165
Target:175+
Femur: Stryde
Tibia: Stryde/Lon
With Dr. donghong or Dr. Pahair

Kal el

Re: the disagreement from patient about CLL
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 08:46:32 AM »

Dude r u indian

tallerforever

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 10:29:56 AM »

no, I come from China

Kal el

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 03:35:00 PM »

Oh i see..if u r really considering this..thn good luck for ur journey :)

kumbaya

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2020, 12:50:48 AM »

Hey man,

I had a similar case to yours. My mom is probably 152 cm, my father was 165 cm.
I am 164, after discussing height related topics with her, I came to realize she simply doesn´t understand it, short women dont have the issues short men have.

Since she is much shorter than I am, I guess she thinks I am not that short, even though I am the shortest in my male friends group, the next shortest is about 172 cm and from there most are 175 - 178.

I am 29 yrs old and expect to do CLL the next year, by then I would have saved about 60% of the cost and will finance the remaining cost.
¿ How old are you?

tallerforever

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2020, 04:55:44 PM »

Hey, thanks~

tallerforever

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2020, 05:01:00 PM »

Hey, I am 25 years old now, and I am still studying...  and might get my job when I am 28. So, it would be a little bit late for me to do the surgery if I collect money from 28 :-\

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2020, 08:01:40 PM »

Focus on gaining money and saving up to go to Donghoon Lee. Dont worry about if it's too late or not. You will regret not doing it as soon as you could. Take out loans. Youth and the advantages of youthful recovery outweigh whatever financial costs. If height truly is your biggest issue in life, I wouldn't give a fk if I gave up a 250k salary job. You can always find another. You cannot turn back the clock.
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

Richard

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2020, 12:08:03 PM »

我跟我父母说这事,我说现在医疗挺发达的,风险不大。他们把我臭骂。我现在都不提了,等着赚够钱就去。恋爱也不想谈,反正个子不高也没人喜欢。

tallerforever

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2020, 02:17:26 PM »

So am I

ujin0101

• Visitor
  • CLL is a life changing game. Play it wisely.
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2020, 04:26:00 PM »

So am I

Hi there, I am from China too. And I was in the same situation like you when I was in my 20. I came to US for school and after graduated, I got a job here. Now I am Dr. Paley's patient and my lengthening will be complete at the end of this July (if nothing goes wrong). And guess what, my parents still don't know I had this surgery, and none of my relatives know. When I was at my 20, I talked to them about CLL surgery and they had the same reaction like your parents, so I know I need to rely on myself. This is a lonely journey and I almost finished it!

I found this complication rates info from my medical report, maybe you can try to explain to your parents how safe it is if you go with  Dr. Paley. if you need, I am willing to share my x-rays to you and if your parents want to talk to a real patient, I can give you my wechat account.

Hope this can help you. :-)

"To date, we have performed over 900 total lengthening procedures; over 100 have been with the PRECICE nail. Dr. Paley has performed approximately 20,000 lengthening since 1986, and lengthening with an intramedullary nail began in the 1990s, the Albizzia in 1995, ISKD in 2001, PRECICE started at this facility in 2011, and the STRYDE nail began use in May 2018. Current complication rates include: premature consolidation at 1%, malunion and nonunion 0%, discrepancy at 0%, nerve injury 2% (that resolves after six months), delay in healing 10%, and DVT 1%."

BelowTheMean

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2020, 10:30:59 AM »

Wow it must be tough to do this coming over as an international student, but at least if you normally don’t see your parents for a long time then you can probably get away with appearing a little taller lol.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

dannyd19d

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2020, 08:51:01 AM »

Hello, u here? I need to ask you more information. Do you have skype or anything else? Thx.

tang

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2020, 02:23:53 PM »

Hi there, I am from China too. And I was in the same situation like you when I was in my 20. I came to US for school and after graduated, I got a job here. Now I am Dr. Paley's patient and my lengthening will be complete at the end of this July (if nothing goes wrong). And guess what, my parents still don't know I had this surgery, and none of my relatives know. When I was at my 20, I talked to them about CLL surgery and they had the same reaction like your parents, so I know I need to rely on myself. This is a lonely journey and I almost finished it!

I found this complication rates info from my medical report, maybe you can try to explain to your parents how safe it is if you go with  Dr. Paley. if you need, I am willing to share my x-rays to you and if your parents want to talk to a real patient, I can give you my wechat account.

Hope this can help you. :-)

"To date, we have performed over 900 total lengthening procedures; over 100 have been with the PRECICE nail. Dr. Paley has performed approximately 20,000 lengthening since 1986, and lengthening with an intramedullary nail began in the 1990s, the Albizzia in 1995, ISKD in 2001, PRECICE started at this facility in 2011, and the STRYDE nail began use in May 2018. Current complication rates include: premature consolidation at 1%, malunion and nonunion 0%, discrepancy at 0%, nerve injury 2% (that resolves after six months), delay in healing 10%, and DVT 1%."

Hi, I am a Chinese girl who want to do limb lengthening and I really want to have your WeChat account. I am an international student as well. I am struggling about how to persuade my parents to support me.

ujin0101

• Visitor
  • CLL is a life changing game. Play it wisely.
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2020, 04:22:38 PM »

Hi, I am a Chinese girl who want to do limb lengthening and I really want to have your WeChat account. I am an international student as well. I am struggling about how to persuade my parents to support me.

我发了站内消息给你。 :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up