Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Did COVID-19 change anyone's LL plans? - GQ magazine wants to hear your story  (Read 326 times)

cyborg4life

Hey all,

So I got an email the other day from a writer for GQ magazine and he is basically writing an article on how COVID-19 has impacted elective, cosmetic surgeries and he wanted to make an input for CLL. So I was able to tell him about how the procedure works etc. but he wants to interview anyone who was planning on getting their operation done somewhere but had to flip the script and go elsewhere either due to cost or location restrictions because of the coronavirus. He mentioned he can do so anonymously or via the alias you prefer.

Here's his message... (I withheld his phone number for safety - email him or DM me for it)

"My name is Alex S., I'm a writer at GQ. I'm working on a story about how the pandemic has affected individuals with long-planned elective surgeries, namely limb-lengthening procedures. I understand there are many, many factors that go into deciding when and where to have the procedure, and those factors (especially cost and recovery) have been thrown into flux by COVID-19. I'd be very interested in interviewing you to hear more about your journey to this point: How you arrived at the decision to have surgery, how COVID-19 threw off your plans, and how you've adjusted—including if you ultimately opted to have the surgery and how you're recovering/doing right now. I want to present your story to readers in full, whether you're happy with your decision or have regrets.

I know this is a sensitive topic, so we can absolutely assign you an alias rather than using your real name for the interview. I'm also happy to initially chat with you via phone or email in an off-the-record capacity—so nothing is being recorded and it's not a formal interview—until you're comfortable proceeding with the real thing. You can reach me anytime at alex_shultz@condenast.com. Hope to hear from you."
Your friendly neighborhood Cyborg spreading LL awareness
https://cyborg4life.com/
YouTube: Cyborg 4 Life
Pages: [1]   Go Up