Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recommend me a length based on my worrying proportions  (Read 2504 times)

deletedaccount

Recommend me a length based on my worrying proportions
« on: April 05, 2020, 10:27:18 PM »

I've been dwelling over my proportions for a while now and worried that I'll look weird so I wanted some input on how much I should lengthen. Mostly concerned about sitting height.

Current height: 5'6"
Sitting height: 33.5" – 85 – 85.5 cm
SH/H ratio: 50.8%~
Wingspan: 70.1" – 178 cm
Crotch to floor inseam: 30.75" – 31"
Inseam to height ratio: 46.7%
Roughly

Now I would REALLY not be happy to be under 5'9" (175 cm) although I could live with 5'8" if more length would make me terribly disproportionate, but I'm really tempted and want to do two lengthenings to try to reach 5'11" (180 cm) which would totally resolve my height neurosis but I find my sitting height to be very limiting and worrisome. I could try to work my glutes to gain a cm or two but either way I would like some input on how much I should lengthen.
5'10" – 5'11" I would be very happy with, 5'9" would be decent but 5'8" meh and not that satisfactory although still better than my current position.

Please respond.

Movie

Re: Recommend me a length based on my worrying proportions
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 10:32:11 PM »

at your current stats you wouldn't look out of the ordinary with the full 8 cms in femur to get you to slightly above 5'9

just work the gluts afterwards and you'll be fine sitting height doesn't change much between 5'6 and 5'9 I was 5'6 and my friend who was 5'9 was just slightly taller than me sitting down.
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

deletedaccount

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 10:35:27 PM »

Thanks, I guess I will shoot for that then. Still wondering what if I tried to do two lengthenings  :P
Btw, your diary is really inspiring, totally rooted for you man. And may I ask how do you feel at 5'9", tall enough? Because some people consider that still kinda short although that might be due to exaggeration and skewed perception although statistically it's bang on average.

Megaman(blueboy)

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 11:43:49 PM »

I'm at the same place as you but I think once you get the surgery done you worry about sitting height less. My only concern is being taller than my girlfriend when I'm sitting since my standing height will be good for me.

deletedaccount

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2020, 11:12:39 PM »

bump
Is 180 even thinkable?

Iron_Man

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 02:22:46 AM »

It's hard to say without a photo.  Extend your legs in Paint and see how it looks

Movie

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2020, 08:56:45 AM »

Thanks Scarface! I'd advice as my doctor advised, do the femurs first 7-8 CMs as your goal may me, see how you feel and then if you want to proceed to tibias you'll be a pro at the procedure and second time around should be easier for you. I feel tall enough, I don't worry about height anymore I'm happy with my height and my recovery so far, still have work to do I'm probably at 50% of where I want to be.
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

Kal el

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2020, 03:17:10 PM »

Yo dude scarface..if u wanna know how u would look like at 1.8m aka 5'11..then let me suggest u a guy called Max holloway..google him and u will find how u wld nearly look at that height..his Height-180cm wingpan-175cm leg reach42 inches.

deletedaccount

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2020, 05:48:26 PM »

I don't know, his torso looks rather balanced, not short actually unlike mine post LL. Are you sure he has a 42 in leg reach , equivalent to a 36 inseam? And how do you measure leg reach?

Kal el

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2020, 08:41:19 PM »

I dnt knw about his inseam but his leg reach is 42 imches and u measure leg reach from ur hip bone(pubis) to the ground u r standing on(needs to be flat)....n yeah he kinda looks normal but his measurements should be correct as he is a professional UFC MMA fighter.

Kal el

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2020, 08:45:38 PM »

And btw there is also a guy called taylor lapilus..he is also a MMA fighter..at 5'6(ur height) he has a leg reach of whopping 43 inches and a wingspan of about 73 inches....that means his inseam is like 53.73% of his height..give it a thought.

deletedaccount

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2020, 09:50:19 PM »

That's a pretty good example, bit relieving, yes. I'll consider 13 cm if my sitting height increases by an inch or so by working out. Thanks for the example.

Sanity

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2020, 04:29:33 PM »

when considering ll u have to see more than sitting height. yes sitting height matters a bit but while sitting ppl usually dont compare heights in their minds because noone is sitting straight. i have seen 6'1 guys sitting lower than a 5'10 guy even though they have more of a spine if they wanted to show. (like a million times)
The leg to torso ratio while standing is however important. longer legs to torso can even be a good thing in terms of aesthetics but too long looks off and any lengthening done more than 7-8cm i believe puts in that category, no matter what the starting stats as long as a normal human being.

IMO the most important ratio is the femur to tibia ratio aesthetically, seconded by leg to torso ratio. so due to ll If the knee shifts too low (on men) due to substantial femur lengthening usually (7-8cm) that just looks horrible while walking or sitting and especially while running, no other way to put it.  thats not only my opinion but also a friend of mine who has done 3 ll surgeries and then a shortening surgery. according to him and me(purely my own opinion) and many other veterans tibias should almost always be done first.
And if tibias are done too much usually (6-7cm) they kinda still look acceptable with a very high knee.

Also femurs act as a transition from upper extrimity to a lower extremity. If you take the folds of the body, the knees, the hips and neck so femur act like a transition-er. Short Torso, A Godlike femur, and small tibia is like walking death if you care about proportions. The long femurs make both, the torso and the tibs appear smaller as its right in the middle connected to both directly and the lowered knee is just icing on the cake.

Ofcoarse this all matters if you care about proportions. I did my ll a year ago and despite having long tibias for my height and even with a long femur, stil the ratio was about 0.87, i still went with tib lengthening considering all these factors. I did 5cm tibs. Tibias look very very long now but I as a whole stil dont look off. (atleast not if i had done the same amount in femurs). This was all from an aesthetic point of view and not from medical pov as im no expert in that.

leg to torso moire effected in femur coz they do more

post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)

deletedaccount

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2020, 04:47:21 PM »

I think I'll look fine with 3 inch femur lengthening, the femur to tibia ratio doesn't look that off. With added 2 cm sitting height from glutes I think I can just about pull off 175 but my legs look really long then. But I kinda really wanna be 180 but proportion wise it really looks a bit overkill though not terrible. But most people of that height have a pretty noticeably longer torso and sitting height so that will be problematic, I'd say I do kind of have a shortish torso at the moment. Then there's always a middle ground of 5'10".
What would you do if you were me?

Sanity

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2020, 05:10:33 PM »

I think I'll look fine with 3 inch femur lengthening, the femur to tibia ratio doesn't look that off. With added 2 cm sitting height from glutes I think I can just about pull off 175 but my legs look really long then. But I kinda really wanna be 180 but proportion wise it really looks a bit overkill though not terrible. But most people of that height have a pretty noticeably longer torso and sitting height so that will be problematic, I'd say I do kind of have a shortish torso at the moment. Then there's always a middle ground of 5'10".
What would you do if you were me?

without a picture i cant say for sure but with what you have described in the op i would take this as my best option:
If doing only 1 surgery then do tibias 2 inches instead of femur 3 inches just not to look like a freak. Also femurs 2 inches is a debatable option here but because of the lowered-knee factor and overall higher aesthetics i'd choose tibs. If your tib is just too long which i doubt it is at that inseam, then id go for 2 inches femurs as my last resort.
(unfortunately i knew i couldnt do 2 surgeries ever, because of life+money+care for legs functionality) (i am a realist and for me i know height trumps proportions hard af in this fking society filled with heightism from top to bottom)

If doing 2 surgeries which you said you were, I'd do 2 tibias and 2 inches femurs which would preserve my original genetic ratio and also give me maximum height (just because i know how much height matters in the fking society and trumps proportions anyday especially for males). But ur not so enthusiastic about height but care more about proportions more than u could just remove 0.5 equally from both segments which again would preserve ur original ratio tht ur body is used to and aesthetically for people.

Sanity

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2020, 05:19:27 PM »

btw my sitting height was barely 87 and i was 5'8 tall before surgery.

deletedaccount

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2020, 05:21:52 PM »

I don't really care more about proportions than height, it's just that I worry my torso isn't long enough to handle the length. Would you say a quadrilateral lengthening will make it even harder for a good recovery, since the trauma is more even though the length isn't that much and distributed? Because in that case I would shy away from that option. What's your inseam?

That's a lower than average sitting height, has anyone commented on it? I think mine will be similar if I was to gain 2 cm off working glute muscle (is that even realistic?)

Sanity

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2020, 06:38:32 PM »

I don't really care more about proportions than height, it's just that I worry my torso isn't long enough to handle the length. Would you say a quadrilateral lengthening will make it even harder for a good recovery, since the trauma is more even though the length isn't that much and distributed? Because in that case I would shy away from that option. What's your inseam?

That's a lower than average sitting height, has anyone commented on it? I think mine will be similar if I was to gain 2 cm off working glute muscle (is that even realistic?)
i havnt done much research in this technique of lengthening so i cant say much on this. choose a good surgeon and research ur methods wisely. all i will say.

i can say more in the proportions department. well yes my siting height definetely below average for my height (long tibias and femurs and short spine pre ll) but no1 ever commented on it. Also im skinny so if i do some gym and bulk up at the same time improve my posture by stretching and exercises i can definetely get my sitting height to around 89cm and thts my plan to do this summer.

As i said sitting heights of 85-92 all do fine in ranges from 5'6 - 5'10. its more in ur head than in others. for height ppl just see your standing height and almost 50% of the people never sit on their real sitting height, slouching or slanting sideways or some have even more than an inch in but fat and muscles and some just have longer spine. what matters is the leg to torso ratio.
When you walk where the legs cut ur body in half and the ass is visible, there the stark importance comes in to how long the torso is beyond that point(ass).

When you do 3inches or more of lengthening no matter what this will be impacted to greater or lesser extent. if u just do 2 inches it still wil be impacted but not too much (unles u already have long legs like i did). The main question is how much you are willing to give in for the height gains, considering the fact ppl treat manlets like   solely because of where their eyes lineup and not based on the individual lengths of body parts.

deletedaccount

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2020, 06:57:51 PM »

I guess that gives me more confidence. How did you measure your sitting height? I think it's not accurate unless you use an aerosol or something, just beside a tape measure even I get 87-88 but when I push my hair is more 85

Sanity

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2020, 07:31:49 PM »

I guess that gives me more confidence. How did you measure your sitting height? I think it's not accurate unless you use an aerosol or something, just beside a tape measure even I get 87-88 but when I push my hair is more 85
i was sitting on chair and friend measured from the chair surface to head. i was also slouching a bit just to imitate my normal relaxed sitting position and not super straight or super lazy where i could bring it to 85 range or 89 range. How did you measure ur sitting height? with erect spine or normal relaxed sitting posture?

deletedaccount

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2020, 07:49:39 PM »

Erect spine, I kinda have relatively good posture sitting, when I had a friend measure like that I got 86.5-87 cm but only when I push a can on my head it goes down. I remeasured this time and clocked in at 86.1-86.2 cm but this was a very inactive day and I lay in my bed for a lot of the time, so on a more active I think 85-85.5 should be it, maybe at worst 83-84 cm in relaxed posture. Also, holy I measured my height as 5'6.5" I never got that measurement except within seconds of waking up from a very long sleep.

Regardless I might just end up doing 3 inches, I'll probably look weird with more, don't wanna risk torso length dysphoria or something

Kal el

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2020, 11:54:28 PM »

Hey how do i post photos in these forum.

deletedaccount

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2020, 01:14:10 AM »

Sanity

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2020, 07:20:31 AM »

Erect spine, I kinda have relatively good posture sitting, when I had a friend measure like that I got 86.5-87 cm but only when I push a can on my head it goes down. I remeasured this time and clocked in at 86.1-86.2 cm but this was a very inactive day and I lay in my bed for a lot of the time, so on a more active I think 85-85.5 should be it, maybe at worst 83-84 cm in relaxed posture. Also, holy I measured my height as 5'6.5" I never got that measurement except within seconds of waking up from a very long sleep.

Regardless I might just end up doing 3 inches, I'll probably look weird with more, don't wanna risk torso length dysphoria or something
yea with 3 inches ul definetely get some level of torso height dysphoria. i only did 1.8 inches and i worry abt it (even tho u have much shorter legs than mine) but 3 inches on 1 segment is freaking huge when ul do irl ul see wat i mean. it will change the L angle aswell as torso to legs ratio massively.

Megaman(blueboy)

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2020, 01:04:16 AM »

So what's a good leg to torso length?

Rads

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2020, 11:13:03 PM »

How much should I go for?
Sitting height- 69 cm
Standing height-152 cms

deletedaccount

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2020, 03:38:36 AM »

69 srs? I don't think you measured properly, take a very flat chair/surface, sit as straight a's possible, take a 12 inch aerosol can with can hit the top of your head and mark the top of your head while sitting with a pencil.

With your height honestly I'd go for nothing less than 13-16cm.

Rads

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2020, 04:16:16 PM »

I m so sorry,  my mistake,  its approx 80 cms....
Nd standing is 152 cms , then what's the  max I should go 4?

deletedaccount

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2020, 01:25:15 AM »

As I said I'd aim for 5ft 5 atleast with that starting height
Pages: [1]   Go Up