Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5’9 to 6’4  (Read 2376 times)

growthPlz

5’9 to 6’4
« on: April 07, 2020, 03:32:39 AM »

Hi I am 17 years old and pretty fit and stand at exactly 5’9”. I know I’m not short by any means, however would it be possible to achieve a goal of 6’4”? This would be about 7 inches in lengthening, so would 6-7 inches be possible with intense physical therapy and training?

precice strider

Re: 5’9 to 6’4
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 05:15:15 AM »

Hi! I'm 17 as well.

What's your reason for lengthening? I understand you may have done research already, but it's important to understand the procedure has risks and in general most doctors advise against it unless you're extremely serious about it.

I'm 5'5" and have suffered from height dysphoria since I was about 5 years old. I'm expected to reach close to my dad's height of 5'6", but I still wouldn't be content with that. I've known about stature lengthening for about a year and have it in the back of my head for when I move out, get a job, etc.

Paley has a plan where you can get 16cm, slightly over 6", but it takes three surgeries and costs $280,000. One can get you up to 3".
Height dysphoria since 2008. (age 5)
Hoping to undergo STRYDE 8cm femurs when I can afford it.
164 cm with a wingspan of 166cm
Goal: 5'7.5 (172+) or taller, but hopefully 5'8 (173)
https://www.instagram.com/precice_strider/

growthPlz

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 05:38:29 AM »

Hey bro so yeah I have been very disappointed with my height ever since I stopped growing which was like in 8th grade for me. The thought of leg lengthening has been in my mind since then. So for about a good 2 years I’ve done plenty of research and looked at other people’s journeys. I mean 5’9 to 6’4 will probably look insane proportion wise, or would it not be that noticeable?

precice strider

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 06:07:47 AM »

On Paley's website, there's a picture of a man who lengthened 4 inches. Imagine 3/2 of that.
https://paleyinstitute.org/centers-of-excellence/stature-lengthening/

Also, just curious, what makes you want 6'4"? At that height you might have a harder time getting around, and find things cramped etc.
If I could pick any height I wanted, I'd pick 6' exactly. However, I would likely just get the 3" in the femurs so that I can be 5'9" and "not short". Keep in mind that more than one surgery is significantly more risk.

s818181

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 06:59:04 AM »

Hey bro so yeah I have been very disappointed with my height ever since I stopped growing which was like in 8th grade for me. The thought of leg lengthening has been in my mind since then. So for about a good 2 years I’ve done plenty of research and looked at other people’s journeys. I mean 5’9 to 6’4 will probably look insane proportion wise, or would it not be that noticeable?

Lengthening 7 inches is crazy. It'll take more surgeries, a lot more money, and go past the safe limits. If you want to stay within the safe limits do 3 inches on the femur and 2 inches on the tibia later. That still puts you up 5 inches to make you 6'2", which is not worse than 6'4". With shoes on and a good hairstyle you can say you're 6'3".

growthPlz

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 07:16:21 AM »

Do u think me being 5’9 now and if I do 3 inch on femur and 2 inch on tibia, will my proportions look completely insane?

Movie

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2020, 08:39:18 AM »

it'll look a bit out of the ordinary for anyone who cares too look at 3/2" gain 5" total... 7" is neither feasible or safe, please get that out of your head, I've already done 3" femur at 23 years old .. wouldn't want to do another 2 inches in my tibias, have put my body through enough with 3" on femurs. that's me though I hope to play my favorite sport at a decently competitive level still.
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

Jake20

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2020, 01:26:46 PM »

I’m 20 and I’m 5’9 so I know how it is. Recommend lengthening 3/3.5 inches in the femur and wearing elevator shoes that boost height 2 inches. What is your wingspan, I would look like a trex at 190 let alone 6’4. You also need to take into account sitting height and head size with regards to proportions, since 6’4 is 95% + I imagine a few things will always look a bit off, although humeral and clavicle lengthening is apparently an option.

growthPlz

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2020, 10:24:27 PM »

Do you think 5'9 is enough tho and i shouldnt pursue any surgery?

precice strider

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2020, 12:37:54 AM »

As someone currently 5'5" I would say 5'9" is enough. I would even be content with 5'8".

However, Paley makes it clear that what qualifies someone mentally for lengthening is how you see yourself, not how other people see you. My 5'2" female friend told me that she doesn't see me as that short, but I do. Although I don't see you as short at 5'9", I understand you may. Paley's FAQ talks about this a bit more.

growthPlz

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2020, 04:15:17 AM »

if I were to do femurs for 3 inch I’ve heard that’s easier than tibias, is the main reason being knee pain is pretty much guaranteed with tibia lengthening? Cuz I want to do 3 inch femur and then 2 inch tibias

precice strider

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2020, 05:48:52 AM »

I've heard that tibias are more complicated since there are two bones instead of just one, therefore more pain, higher risk of complications, and slower recovery time. Also it's more expensive even for a smaller gain.

Also, if you don't mind, what doctors and what method are you considering?

TheAlchemist

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2020, 06:11:11 AM »

Do you think 5'9 is enough tho and i shouldnt pursue any surgery?

I started at 5'9 and ended up at 6 ft after doing 3 inches on my femurs. IMO 6 ft is a world of difference than 5'9, however I believe there would be diminishing returns for every inch after 6 ft.

Sure 6'2 or 6'3 would be great but categorically speaking I think 6ft and above already puts you in the above average / tall group.
Dr. Paley Patient: Femurs (Stryde) / 8 CM gained
Surgery: 9/17/19 / Distraction completed: 12/14/19
Start height: 5'9 or 175cm / Endi Height: 6'0 ft or 183 cm
Rod Removal: Dr. Debiparshad 6/16/21
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64373.0

Jake20

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2020, 12:19:39 PM »

Where do you live? In Northern Europe I would say it is an inch/ 1.5 inches below average for our generation, it depends what you want to do. If you want to perform at high level sports then it’s potentially not worth it. If you are a regular guy going from 5’9 to 6’1 is absolutely worth it for many reasons in my opinion, are you sure your growth plates are shut?

Jake20

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2020, 12:26:21 PM »

I started at 5'9 and ended up at 6 ft after doing 3 inches on my femurs. IMO 6 ft is a world of difference than 5'9, however I believe there would be diminishing returns for every inch after 6 ft.

Sure 6'2 or 6'3 would be great but categorically speaking I think 6ft and above already puts you in the above average / tall group.

Congratulations on your successful surgery, that’s exactly what I’m looking to do, although I think 6’1/6’2 is probably the start of tall in most European countries nowadays so it does depend where
you live, I suspect 180cm is becoming typical for many Eastern European countries, on top of Germans, Nords, Serbs. I have some elevator shoes that could add the final 2 inches and even out the disparity between my femur and tibia- from what I heard very few people here go through with 2 surgeries since it’s so mentally and physically challenging!

If I were to gain the courage and money for 2 surgeries I would probably go for arm lengthening to boost my wingspan, and try to wear big lifts like Downey junior, Tom cruise use to look nearer to 190 barefoot without being out of proportion.

Kal el

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2020, 03:31:08 PM »

Yo dude jake20....i dnt think wht u think is r8....even after 2 surgeries if u go for arm lengthening dude thts too much for ur body..this process aimt a piece of cake or a race that u need to win..rather then going through 3 of this max. Hope for 2 on ur legs and perhaps do smthing for ur face or hairs or body probably..if good looks and gals is what u have in mind..its just a reminder from a wellwisher that this process aint a piece of cake....but anyway no one much cares what u do with ur already healthy body....just for some extra vanity.

Jake20

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2020, 04:27:51 PM »

I don’t plan on 3 surgeries maybe I wasn’t clear. I will do one on femur, maybe one on arms and wear elevator shoes instead of tibia - I agree that it’s very tough to come through 2 surgeries let alone 3.

Jake20

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2020, 04:32:03 PM »

Yo dude jake20....i dnt think wht u think is r8....even after 2 surgeries if u go for arm lengthening dude thts too much for ur body..this process aimt a piece of cake or a race that u need to win..rather then going through 3 of this max. Hope for 2 on ur legs and perhaps do smthing for ur face or hairs or body probably..if good looks and gals is what u have in mind..its just a reminder from a wellwisher that this process aint a piece of cake....but anyway no one much cares what u do with ur already healthy body....just for some extra vanity.

I would consider maxilla implant for face too but that’s not really what this forum is about. I know that some people will think it’s a waste because I’m doing it for cosmetic reasons but I’m mentally prepared to suffer in the short term to have a better life in the future. Yes it is not a piece of cake I agree there.

Sanity

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2020, 07:38:05 PM »

i have never said this here to any1 ever u can see my post history but i have to use this now. in short, ul look like a freakshow.
post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)
Pages: [1]   Go Up