Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Staying motivated during crisis / pandemic  (Read 869 times)

cam007

Staying motivated during crisis / pandemic
« on: April 07, 2020, 04:46:59 AM »

Hey guys haven’t spoken in about a month. Just really annoyed.  I live in the states and coronavirus pretty much got almost all of us ( unless you’re a doctor or work in supermarkets) out of work.

Now this sucks because I had a job and it’s hours planned out that would allow me to do the surgery in Jan/feb 2021.

Now I don’t know Becuase a lot of work ( and overtime :/ ) is now gone.

I had everything set and this pushes me back Becuase we still have to spend money (with no work) so now I’m kind of annoyed.

For people who have not done it , how are you guys staying focus and positive. What other ways is a decent way to add money so I can try to keep the goal for next year.   I was around 65-70 % my goal but it may go down if I need to use it if no extra income comes in.

Any ideas and thanks for hearing me out
175cm , goal 181cm

** est.2022 for 5-6cm tibias preferably

readyprecisestryde

Re: Staying motivated during crisis / pandemic
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 04:29:20 PM »

US government is putting trillions of dollars back in economy and feds reduced the interest rates to nearly zero. This will stabilize the economy for now. Coming summer months should minimize the virus and hopefully, we will  have a vaccine, medications or rapid testing so we are more prepared if the virus does come back when it gets cold later in the year. It has been super stressful for me and I am hoping to get back to work sooner than later.

Iron_Man

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 09:31:07 PM »

As far as I know, the US government pays money to citizens who are out of work. I live in Russia and our government doesn't give a sh*t  about citizens)) Owners of small and medium-sized businesses are sitting without money during the quarantine, as well as employees of private enterprises. So you're lucky to live in the US :)

Bonez

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 11:45:07 PM »

Yea for sure this pushes things back a lot for everyone, it doesn't help that the parts of Europe that have been hit pretty bad have many of the popular LL surgeons.

I just the best thing is just be grateful to have what we still have and try to build your life/skills where you can. It might help knowing that we all in the same boat and are trying to ride this thing out. One good thing that will come out of this is that maybe well all stop taking our lives and opportunities we had before for granted.

We just have to deal with the fact that most of our lives have pretty much been pushed back about a year (give or take).

Stay safe and healthy everyone.

cam007

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2020, 09:46:35 AM »

As far as I know, the US government pays money to citizens who are out of work. I live in Russia and our government doesn't give a sh*t  about citizens)) Owners of small and medium-sized businesses are sitting without money during the quarantine, as well as employees of private enterprises. So you're lucky to live in the US :)

Yes that is partially correct. They just passed a law to give us a portion of what we made depending on which state you’re in - it can be a lot or a little and then they are offering $600/week on top until end of July, BUT the rent , credit card, mortgage and loans is barely going to cover that. 

Which means my plan ( which was save everything made from overtime to finish the goal) can’t be done realistically now, Becuase since we in the states haven’t worked realistically since February.  That will be 6months of no “extra/overtime” income . Where that would allow me to have the amount needed for surgery and cover my rent here in the states if I don’t Airbnb while I’m gone. But that clearly has to get changed.

Sorry to hear about Russia. I thought they froze everything for you guys though? You still have to pay for bills? Or raise restrictions to allow you guys to still earn your money?
175cm , goal 181cm

cam007

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2020, 09:49:26 AM »

Yea for sure this pushes things back a lot for everyone, it doesn't help that the parts of Europe that have been hit pretty bad have many of the popular LL surgeons.

I just the best thing is just be grateful to have what we still have and try to build your life/skills where you can. It might help knowing that we all in the same boat and are trying to ride this thing out. One good thing that will come out of this is that maybe well all stop taking our lives and opportunities we had before for granted.

We just have to deal with the fact that most of our lives have pretty much been pushed back about a year (give or take).

Stay safe and healthy everyone.

I hear you,  i never take life for granted. I’m just annoyed that I’m adding another year to the plan realistically now.   But even more upset as to if I had done it this year. I could’ve stayed in isolation and heal and be back to “normal” by the time this crisis died down. Ugh.

But I definitely love my life and want to make the best of it and appreciate it.

Hope everyone is staying strong and some of us are still able to make money and save up as well.
175cm , goal 181cm

limewalk

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2020, 10:31:35 AM »

Yeah mate, it's been a difficult time for everyone. Lives of lots of people have come to a pause in many ways. We all have to come to terms with delays in getting LL.

llj

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2020, 04:54:14 PM »

My suggestion would be to try and find an online job.

Or if you can't do that, use this time to learn some new skill that will help you earn more when things normalize, again you will have to do that online.

TheAlchemist

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2020, 07:18:18 PM »

It will be interesting to see how the cosmetic surgery industry reacts to the impact COVID 19 had on the economy. I'd imagine a lot of discretionary income has been wiped out on a macro level hence demand for high cost elective surgeries would have significantly dropped. I wonder if LL doctors would respond with lower fees and/or more relaxed financing plans or options to adapt to the current economic climate?

Worth asking the doctors you have on your list.

70% is a good amount saved up. Is that purely for the surgery fee + accomodations or have you also budgeted an emergency fund? I always recommend folks have an emergency fund of 30 to 50% of your surgery cost as an insurance plan for any unexpected costs or complications that may be out of pocket as well as a safety net runway to have around after surgery in case your recovery timeline and ability to get back to work is delayed.

You can also explore other forms of passive income during this down time. High yield dividend stocks (risk). Affiliate advertising.
Dr. Paley Patient: Femurs (Stryde) / 8 CM gained
Surgery: 9/17/19 / Distraction completed: 12/14/19
Start height: 5'9 or 175cm / Endi Height: 6'0 ft or 183 cm
Rod Removal: Dr. Debiparshad 6/16/21
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64373.0

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2020, 08:29:14 PM »

See if you can pick up a temporary gig with a grocery company doing deliveries.  They're actually paying money to run job ads on the radio here.

cam007

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2020, 12:24:13 PM »

It will be interesting to see how the cosmetic surgery industry reacts to the impact COVID 19 had on the economy. I'd imagine a lot of discretionary income has been wiped out on a macro level hence demand for high cost elective surgeries would have significantly dropped. I wonder if LL doctors would respond with lower fees and/or more relaxed financing plans or options to adapt to the current economic climate?

Worth asking the doctors you have on your list.

70% is a good amount saved up. Is that purely for the surgery fee + accomodations or have you also budgeted an emergency fund? I always recommend folks have an emergency fund of 30 to 50% of your surgery cost as an insurance plan for any unexpected costs or complications that may be out of pocket as well as a safety net runway to have around after surgery in case your recovery timeline and ability to get back to work is delayed.

You can also explore other forms of passive income during this down time. High yield dividend stocks (risk). Affiliate advertising.

That’s just the actual amount for surgery and accommodation , not “emergency”. I do have a seperate small emergency /miscellaneous funds but it isn’t nothing too fancy.
But as I stated I had to use some due to this pandemic so  realistically I may stay at 70% becuase without overtime I can’t save like crazy like I was doing before .

The main problem is the states is offering to pay a portion of your salary if not working . If I do anything (online or side gig or whatever) it will automatically trigger as income no matter how small and then I lose the emergency salary they are giving out.

Definitely appreciate the advice and ideas though.  I can get any cash job ideas I may still be able to pull it off if the price doesn’t skyrocket after this
175cm , goal 181cm

cam007

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2020, 12:27:46 PM »

See if you can pick up a temporary gig with a grocery company doing deliveries.  They're actually paying money to run job ads on the radio here.

No that wouldn’t mAke sense unfortunately, as I wrote above , they approve many of us for unemployment emergency compensation and it’ll cover near 80% of my normal salary.  If I work at all, it gets cancel since I wouldn’t be “unemployed”  sigh.

And the way I got to 70% was saving the overtime money , not just the regular.

It would be great if fees did get lowered as alchemist stAted. I would still have a great chance. Would it drop 30% though haha unlikely
175cm , goal 181cm

Pages: [1]   Go Up