Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone familiar with Betzbone?  (Read 1606 times)

Futureller

Anyone familiar with Betzbone?
« on: May 02, 2020, 08:12:06 AM »

https://www.betzinstitute.com/en/betzbone.html

Apparently you can gain up to 12.5cm in femurs with betzbone?  Anyone read any diaries where anyone went over 8cm in femurs with betzbone and how it went?  8cm is apparently the max recommended for femurs so surely anything above that probably isn't a good idea no?

I am curious though if anyone has read any diaries about any 8cm+ betzbone surgeries.  I plan on doing my surgery with Dr. Betz and I would love to go above 8cm in femurs if it's not going to cripple me.  I don't play sports so that's not important to me in regards to recovery.  Would just want to have a normal walk after surgery.  Anyone have any thoughts or knowledge on Betzbone above 8cm?

Montreal172

Re: Anyone familiar with Betzbone?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 08:35:42 AM »

Read the diaries, and you'll see how much of a crook he is.
If you wanna destroy your legs for 2 cm your body over-goal.
But 8 cm femur, is the M-A-X. Even at that there are considerable risks.
Go for stride, best thing in the market, and better than betzbone.

Jamule

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 03:55:24 PM »

Why so many ppl here in this forum talking so bad about Dr.Betz? I just finished my femur lengthening a few days ago (+6.5cm) without much problems .

I don’t know much about patients from years ago. But the Betzbone which he uses now is really good in my opinion. It is full weightbearing and stable. I can say nothing bad about Dr. Betz. He answers questions really quick and care about his patients.
The only bad thing is the clicking which was painful at beginning and cost time. In the end I needed 35mins for 20clicks.

But I also would say 8cm in femur is the maximum. It is possible to go for more, but I wouldn’t recommend it. Going for more could result bad proportions and a long and hard recovery .

Montreal172

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 05:24:05 PM »

You answered your own question. You did 6.5, the men wants almost double that.
He does not impose limits, and that I find irresponsible as a doctor.

BetzLandLiberator

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2020, 03:52:10 AM »

https://www.betzinstitute.com/en/betzbone.html

Apparently you can gain up to 12.5cm in femurs with betzbone?  Anyone read any diaries where anyone went over 8cm in femurs with betzbone and how it went?  8cm is apparently the max recommended for femurs so surely anything above that probably isn't a good idea no?

I am curious though if anyone has read any diaries about any 8cm+ betzbone surgeries.  I plan on doing my surgery with Dr. Betz and I would love to go above 8cm in femurs if it's not going to cripple me.  I don't play sports so that's not important to me in regards to recovery.  Would just want to have a normal walk after surgery.  Anyone have any thoughts or knowledge on Betzbone above 8cm?

I did 10cm (10cm in my left leg, 9cm in my right) back in 2012. I'm great 8 years later - I weight lift (including deadlift and squat), run, etc.. no problem at all (although my squat is not as easy as before due to the longer femurs). Overall, my life improved immensely as I was 165cm before LL. Best thing I ever did.

Betzbone was already good at that time and but it wasn't as strong and stable as the current version. It was already weightbearing in the 13mm version - unlike what people tell you here, Stryde was not the first weightbearing LL nail - but you needed crutches for the 11mm version (that was the one I had).

The current version is made of cobalt chrome, more stable and can stand more weight (I visited Dr. Betz last year, so we talked a lot about the new Betzbone). It does seem that Stryde patients heal faster than Betzbone patients though.

One thing that Betz does better than the US doctors is that his price includes two weeks in the hospital and he has a selection of approved places for you to stay (Elke's House, Park Hotel, etc...), so you don't need to waste time and money looking for a place in a country you don't know.

germanlim

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2020, 08:06:22 AM »

Futureller

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2020, 08:26:45 AM »

The link is in German could you summarize it in English?

germanlim

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2020, 08:38:20 AM »

The link is in German could you summarize it in English?

It is about a patient. His nail broke and even 5 years later he still suffers and cant work anymore. He had a trial against betz but the end is unknown.

snowpiecer

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2020, 09:03:48 AM »

Sad story. Another point proving this surgery is no joke. Even though stryde is very safe imo.

frenchie

No future for Betzbone and Guichet nail
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2020, 06:52:33 PM »

I just hope to paint this real picture of Betzbone and Guichet nail, once considered superior lengthening devices.

Both these nails are used exclusively used by their inventors: Betz and Guichet. They have established production chains such that they individually benefit from their implantation. Both these doctors are old. They will retire at some point in the next decade. They did not work with medical apparatus companies and other engineers to improve their nails. While there were no weight bearing nails in the past, now there is the Stryde nail. Stryde nail has a future. It is manufactured and designed by a company called Nuvasive. Some surgeons like Paley are involved in the process but are only one part of the picture. Whenever Paley and other doctors involved retire, the nail will continue to evolve through contributions by other doctors like Debiparshad and Rozbruch. The nail is used by 100s of surgeons around the world. It has a future and will gain from developments from several bright minds, investor money and other staff working at Nuvasive over time unlike Guichet nail and Betzbone. Guichet and Betz did not incentivize other experts to become part of innovating in this field.
Pages: [1]   Go Up