Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: LON femur surgery in Istanbul.  (Read 7208 times)

MidGuy

Re: LON femur surgery in Istanbul.
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2020, 12:47:40 PM »

lolwhyamidoingthis

« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2020, 03:03:28 PM »

Congratulations man, how many cm did you reach? I'm on about 4.5-5cm with my LON femur lengthening atm, can't wait to get these fixators off. How does it feel to finally be free? XD

MidGuy

« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2020, 03:35:57 PM »

Thanks man, I lenghtened 8cm and I am 181 now. My fixators were not bothering me much so it is not a enormous relief but of course it is better without them.But especially knowing that I do not need any other surgery to return to my normal life is wonderful :)

zhm

• Visitor
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2020, 12:11:35 AM »

Great that’s you finished the lengthening part of the process.
Keep posting updates of  your recovery until you’re able to walk without crutches. I’m looking to have this procedure done soon.

Couple of questions:

1. For the bone healing/forming phase, do you still have to do the same physio therapy as during the lengthining.

2. Did the doctor give you an expected time period of when you will realistically be able to walk without crutches. They say it’s normally 2 months after lengthening process that patients can walk on their own without crutches

MidGuy

« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2020, 10:42:46 AM »

Great that’s you finished the lengthening part of the process.
Keep posting updates of  your recovery until you’re able to walk without crutches. I’m looking to have this procedure done soon.

Couple of questions:

1. For the bone healing/forming phase, do you still have to do the same physio therapy as during the lengthining.

2. Did the doctor give you an expected time period of when you will realistically be able to walk without crutches. They say it’s normally 2 months after lengthening process that patients can walk on their own without crutches

Are you giving me orders?

more

« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2020, 12:00:38 PM »

Are you giving me orders?

Are you king ? This is not an order . You are writing a diary for information to future LLrs , will face such questions if anyone writing diary , Future LLs have curiosity and this guy asked you humbly and gently , Personally i hate  those who  run away from questions and show a negative attitude towards future LLs

zhm

• Visitor
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2020, 01:50:38 PM »

You didn’t have to take that the wrong way.
As I am gonna have this process done, was just encouraging you to keep updating even after lengthening phase.
So we all have a better insight.
Don’t take that as me being disrespectful.

Anyway, we all want the best for you. Hope you update when you are able to.

MidGuy

« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2020, 04:16:31 PM »

Are you king ? This is not an order . You are writing a diary for information to future LLrs , will face such questions if anyone writing diary , Future LLs have curiosity and this guy asked you humbly and gently , Personally i hate  those who  run away from questions and show a negative attitude towards future LLs

Yes I am king.

MidGuy

« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2020, 11:48:19 AM »

https://ibb.co/x1dN6Fw
https://ibb.co/kgtdKxB
https://ibb.co/tM9JPMY

My scars after fixator removal. We called cosmetic surgeon Mr. Ilkay and he created wonders in these sutures.  I recommend everyone to call an cosmetic surgeon to surgery. I guess my scars will be like stryde patients’ scars :) I saved 30k euros by just paying 1k euro for cosmetic suture. Also, I want to clarify another point about LON method. Infections are WAY much overrated. I was non infected for three months and it surprised my assistans, then one week to surgery upper middle screw in my right leg got infected and it was very painful but not in the same way that my bones hurt. It is a different kind of pain and it made me scream but if i was to asked choose one i would choose it rather than bone pain that i experienced in the early days of distraction phase. I used antibiotics and it cut the pain the day after. I walked MUCH in lenghtening phase and it relieved me in this process. If it was stryde my doc wouldnt let me walk even though they are weight bearing. It is another advantage of LON over stryde. My scars will be nothing in a year, I am happy that I paid that extra one k euro for cosmetic suture and I suggest everbody to follow this path. LON + cosmetics suture created wonders for me.

I am healing know, Even though my doctor told me that I can walk in house, I prefer wheelchair to go to toilet. For those who will ask, Yes I CAN walk but I prefer not to. I continue to calcium and magnesium supplements. I didnt use painkillers after first month of surgery, so it aldo makes me relieved about question whether I pushed limits of my body. I did physio exercises 6 day in a week. Yes, It costed a bit more but these little costs are nothing compared to surgery cost and they were game changers for me.

My right knee mobility is really bad but I think thanks to physio it will be return to normal in a month or so.

I completed the courses I always wanted, read books I always postponed. Learnt to be a man of habit In this LONG process. It was a an opportunity for me to think about my life and improve myself. Also I learned the importance of magnesium for human body in this process. I slept best sleeps of my life in this process thanks to magnesim supplement intake and I will continue to take magnesium until the last day of my life.

I am grateful to god for everything.

If it wasnt for this forum, I dont know if I would ever go under this surgery ever, So I wanted to give back to it whatever I can.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2020, 12:22:48 PM »

Congrats MidGuy. Please note though, you can certainly walk with stryde during lengthening, your surgeon is not correct. It is even recommend to walk and bear some weight with the stryde nail, as it builds bone callus faster, and the walking on stryde is easier than on LON just because the complications from fixators usually disincentivizes people from walking too much. You're right tho, you saved 30k euros. That's nothing to scoff at, especially when you're already gone through it and the result will more or less be similar!

Congrats
Regardless, your scars look very nice. Amazing job by that cosmetic surgeon, it's very cool to see photos of someone who did scar removal.

What's your stats now 181cm? So you did 8cm lengthening and was 173cm before? Amazing change!
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

MidGuy

« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2020, 02:43:36 PM »

Thanks man

LON-next

• Visitor
« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2020, 04:54:12 PM »

Hi Midguy

Do you think that your muscle tissue could have possible handled going to 9 cm if you wanted or do you think you reached the max your femur tissues could take ?

Also, I have sent you a PM can you give me reply when you can please

MidGuy

« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2020, 10:11:17 AM »

I think it was possible. Like I said before I didnt use painkiller at lenghtening process.

BUT, my left foot ring finger were twitching a bit in every one or two hours.
Also, my left pollex was also twitching. My prof said my foot finger was twitching because my sciatic nerve started to alarm. Also my physio said that my hand ring was twitching MAY be caused by sciatic nerve pulling spinal cord.

Another point is that, the pain in my right middle pin cite was caused by the strain in my skin not by infection and it was VERY bad, so, my skin was also alarming. Could I continue? Exactly. But I didnt want to risk 1) My spinal cord  2) My sciatic nerve. Also, even though I don't care, my femur/tibia ratio is pretty high now, Every nanometers lengthened from this point would make it worse.

For all these reasons I stopped at 8.1 cm.

However, when I measure my height It is 7cm higher than my old height. I think is because of flexion in my hip flexors and it will return to normal with time. Is there anybody who experienced same situation and then reached the expected height?

LON-next

• Visitor
« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2020, 12:10:26 PM »

Yh, that makes sense. Ultimately your body will give you indications that you’ve reached max length.

Btw, I don’t know if you’ve already mentioned in this thread, but what was your starting height.
This will give me a better idea of maybe how much lengthening my muscles and nerves can achieve. There is a theory that the lengthening amount depends on starting height. The taller you are to start with the more your muscles and nerves can lengthen/stretch without major issues. Apparently.

lolwhyamidoingthis

« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2020, 01:02:07 PM »

Whats up Midguy :D

I will be removing my femur fixators in about 4 weeks and i am wondering how long after fixator removal surgery you could walk with crutches normally? Also, the 8.1cm number you got, was that from an xray measurement? There seems to be cases where x-ray machines are not properly calibrated and therefore may not be totally accurate. However, if your posture still isn't totally normal, that could very well be the reason you are "missing" 1 cm.

Hope you are doing good man! Congratulations with being done with the hardest part :D

more

« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2020, 09:41:13 AM »

how is your walk?

MidGuy

« Reply #78 on: September 04, 2020, 07:06:19 PM »

Whats up Midguy :D

I will be removing my femur fixators in about 4 weeks and i am wondering how long after fixator removal surgery you could walk with crutches normally? Also, the 8.1cm number you got, was that from an xray measurement? There seems to be cases where x-ray machines are not properly calibrated and therefore may not be totally accurate. However, if your posture still isn't totally normal, that could very well be the reason you are "missing" 1 cm.

Hope you are doing good man! Congratulations with being done with the hardest part :D

Thanks man, I hope you also doing well. My doc said after 40-50 days from operaton i can walk with  crutches. It is two weeks now I walk with walker but I can notice healing each new day.

MidGuy

« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2020, 06:52:12 PM »

Update:
I can walk without crutches for two months. My walking gets better each day. I go for long walks. No pain, nothing. But my muscles are very weak, It affects my walk it is slightly noticeable other than that I have no effect of LL surgery. I am not sure which exercises should I do to heal completely but I dont care actually bcs It will get better eventually. I lenghtened 8cm in total from my femurs. I dont think I will come to this forum anymore. So, It was my diary.

« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2020, 03:27:18 PM »

Mehmet Kocaoglu seems to be a great Turkish doctor. To be honest I was shocked at how many doctors in Turkey were engaged in cosmetic bone lengthening. There are many medical intermediaries in China about Turkey. But many of them have gone wrong. Including nerve damage and so on.Could you please tell me the price of Mehmet Kocaoglu? Does he accept foreigners? I didn't find his offer on the website.THX

Jamesy998

« Reply #81 on: December 29, 2020, 08:28:47 AM »

Hi Midguy,
just got my femur lon done and I am on my 6th day. Is it normal that I feel no pain in my left leg but my right leg is much less bending while more painful? There is also a sort of a clicking sound every now and again. Also I have yet to start lengthening but my ROM is horrible, will this stop me from lengthening alot?
LON method | Dr. Halil Buldu | 2021
Diary | http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66007.0

Siegfried

« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2020, 11:11:11 AM »

Good luck, will be getting my surgery soon as well! May i ask where you are from?
Unilateral Quadrilateral Lengthening 2021/22 w/ Koehne
Pre-Surgery: 1.67 m
Post-Surgery: 1.76 m
My Story: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68285.msg221238#msg221238

mq66x

• Visitor
« Reply #83 on: August 25, 2022, 01:24:57 PM »

who is you doctor?

balme

« Reply #84 on: August 25, 2022, 05:06:44 PM »

what a bull  guy, probably was a marketing tool anyway.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up