Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: LON femur surgery in Istanbul.  (Read 7184 times)

MidGuy

Re: LON femur surgery in Istanbul.
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2020, 01:45:04 PM »

Till now all look good
Your doctor memhet have experience and trained by dr. paley.I  think This the first diary of his patient??

Yeah, I guess

more

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2020, 05:46:50 PM »

Yeah, I guess

Lengthening period just an excitement and hope real results come after lengthening . How correct you were choosing a Surgeon and method

MidGuy

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2020, 07:21:28 PM »

It is weird that I lengthened 6.4cms but when I measure my height I see that it only increased 4cms. And I am sure that I stand upright when I measure it. Is there anyone who has any idea about it?

more

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2020, 06:56:23 AM »

You have completed lengthening (distraction) or still lengthening?.

MidGuy

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2020, 09:45:25 AM »

Still lenghtening

more

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2020, 10:08:47 AM »

You cannot measure your height exactly when you are standing with the device.
postural error and height difference between morning and evening
may be thses are the reasons .

MidGuy

« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2020, 07:44:05 PM »

My doctor measures the lenghtening from the inner side of bone not the outside (side of the fixator). Do you think it is correct bcs every xray I see in this forum are measured from the fixator side.

azman

« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2020, 09:21:14 AM »

Hey Midguy

Just wondering what made you decide to have CLL with Dr. Mehmet Kocaoglu compare to the other CLL doctors in Turkey? 

You are from Turkey and your insight on this subject will be very helpful to other members looking to do CLL in Turkey.

Looking forward in reading your updates.

MidGuy

« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2020, 01:37:25 PM »

Hi azman,

In Turkish forums Kocaoglu is the biggest name. There was tens of patients who adored him not only bcs of LL but other surgeries too. Then I looked his resume and I saw that he is the one that brought LL to Turkey. Also he is a fellow of Paley. So, for Turkey, He and Metin Kucukkaya were the only options for me to even consider getting surgery. In corona lockdown, Kucukkaya hadnt made surgeries, so It wasnt hard for me choose a doctor :) Yesterday, I was with the doctor. I am now at 6.5cm and continue to 8cm by turning three times a day which will end at 18 August, and everything is going smooth. I am in great condition thanks to Kocaoglu’s therapist Mr. Apelyan. I got 5 days in a week physiotherapy and for the last month it is 6 days in a week. Apelyan also worked with Paley thanks to Kocaoglu. If you ask me, both Kocaoglu and Kucukkaya are great and for Kocaoglu I can say that he has been making LL for 30 years and he is really confident in his job. When I went to talk to him, he was so calm that at that moment LL was like a hobby to him. So I went with him and I am happy with my choice for now.

Bob

« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2020, 02:58:02 PM »

« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 03:27:35 PM by Bob »

ididUrMIM

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2020, 03:01:49 PM »

Hi azman,

In Turkish forums Kocaoglu is the biggest name. There was tens of patients who adored him not only bcs of LL but other surgeries too. Then I looked his resume and I saw that he is the one that brought LL to Turkey. Also he is a fellow of Paley. So, for Turkey, He and Metin Kucukkaya were the only options for me to even consider getting surgery. In corona lockdown, Kucukkaya hadnt made surgeries, so It wasnt hard for me choose a doctor :) Yesterday, I was with the doctor. I am now at 6.5cm and continue to 8cm by turning three times a day which will end at 18 August, and everything is going smooth. I am in great condition thanks to Kocaoglu’s therapist Mr. Apelyan. I got 5 days in a week physiotherapy and for the last month it is 6 days in a week. Apelyan also worked with Paley thanks to Kocaoglu. If you ask me, both Kocaoglu and Kucukkaya are great and for Kocaoglu I can say that he has been making LL for 30 years and he is really confident in his job. When I went to talk to him, he was so calm that at that moment LL was like a hobby to him. So I went with him and I am happy with my choice for now.

Hi MidGuy,
How much are you paying at the moment for your procedure?
Would you mind giving me your doctors contact details so I can query in better detail?
Cheers

MidGuy

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2020, 04:38:03 PM »

Hi MidGuy,
How much are you paying at the moment for your procedure?
Would you mind giving me your doctors contact details so I can query in better detail?
Cheers

+90 (212) 234 92 92

more

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2020, 05:27:28 PM »

Hi azman,

Your drs Names are too hard to spell and speak,
Good luck , i hope you will achive 8 cm without complications

azman

« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2020, 07:00:19 PM »

Hi azman,

Thank you, brother.

MidGuy

« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2020, 07:46:41 PM »

Thank you guys :)

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2020, 08:40:04 PM »

Hey MidGuy,
Hope all is going well. Did you meet any other Cll patient so far?

fritz

• Visitor
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2020, 11:12:27 PM »

Hi Midguy,

I sent you a message. Can you please check your inbox?

more

« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2020, 11:28:09 AM »

You cannot measure your height exactly when you are standing with the device.
postural error and height difference between morning and evening
may be thses are the reasons .
measurement can be done either medial or lateral side if bone are straight ,

more

« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2020, 12:38:06 PM »

My doctor measures the lenghtening from the inner side of bone not the outside (side of the fixator). Do you think it is correct bcs every xray I see in this forum are measured from the fixator side.

Measurement can be done either medial or lateral side if bone are straight.

MidGuy

« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2020, 02:55:33 PM »

Bone is not straight my doc made correction bcs I got bow legs

zhm

• Visitor
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2020, 11:01:37 AM »

Hi midguy,

Sorry to hear about the bow leg, hope it’s not a huge problem.
Did you have to stop lengthening for the correction of bow leg to be corrected?
I also have a few more questions, which I hope you won’t mind answering.

1. How often do you visit the doctor for check up? Every few days or weekly ?
2. Since you’re doing LON femur, have you had any infections so far (small or big)?
3. How many millimetres (mm) you lengthening per day? 1 mm or 0.75 mm?
4. Are taking any supplements to help bone growth/healing?

Thanks in advance

MidGuy

« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2020, 04:19:08 PM »

Hi midguy,

Sorry to hear about the bow leg, hope it’s not a huge problem.
Did you have to stop lengthening for the correction of bow leg to be corrected?
I also have a few more questions, which I hope you won’t mind answering.

1. How often do you visit the doctor for check up? Every few days or weekly ?
2. Since you’re doing LON femur, have you had any infections so far (small or big)?
3. How many millimetres (mm) you lengthening per day? 1 mm or 0.75 mm?
4. Are taking any supplements to help bone growth/healing?

Thanks in advance

Thanks man!

First of all bow legs was a little issue and Kocaoglu fixed it in the same surgery, so thats ok :)

Normally I visited him per two weeks, however in last month he went to holiday so there was 35 days between two visits but my process turned out to be okay so it wasnt problem.
I was lenghtening 1mm until 5.5cm. since then I am lenghtening 0.75 bcs it is more comfortable and It is not really important whether you leave fixators early or late... Actually later you leave fixators betters bcs really durable and protects the bone. I didnt have any infections but I make it cleaned every two days. I take Calsium 1000mg, magnesium 395mg, and b vitamins each day. Also drink a liter milk a day. My doc says milk is not requires but I have great bone production and I think it is because of milk and cheese. Nowadays there is a pain at my right upper pin site assistant said it is due to stretching of the skin but it may be infection, if it is infection I will take antibiotics so It is not much of a deal :)

a

• 5'9
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2020, 04:31:30 PM »

MidGuy, Regards brother

Can we talk on instagram or somewhere else? I want to talk to you since i'm considering the surgery in Turkey (%60)
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

more

« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2020, 06:15:50 PM »

Thanks man!

First of all bow legs was a little issue and Kocaoglu fixed it in the same surgery, so thats ok :)

Normally I visited him per two weeks, however in last month he went to holiday so there was 35 days between two visits but my process turned out to be okay so it wasnt problem.
I was lenghtening 1mm until 5.5cm. since then I am lenghtening 0.75 bcs it is more comfortable and It is not really important whether you leave fixators early or late... Actually later you leave fixators betters bcs really durable and protects the bone. I didnt have any infections but I make it cleaned every two days. I take Calsium 1000mg, magnesium 395mg, and b vitamins each day. Also drink a liter milk a day. My doc says milk is not requires but I have great bone production and I think it is because of milk and cheese. Nowadays there is a pain at my right upper pin site assistant said it is due to stretching of the skin but it may be infection, if it is infection I will take antibiotics so It is not much of a deal :)

You had bow leg after surgery? or before surgery ?

MidGuy

« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2020, 08:44:27 AM »

before

Stealth

• Visitor
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2020, 12:33:26 AM »

With this LON treatment how long do you have to in frames for? Can you get knee problems? Do they go through knee? And how long before you walk? Ae you left with nails inside your body when do they take those out?

MidGuy

« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2020, 10:44:40 AM »

Today my fixators are removed. There is little pain in my “old” pin sites :) I feel great for nearly finishing this hard and long process. I woke up two hours after my surgery.

drxboom

« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2020, 10:48:47 AM »

How about your walking
170cm goal 177 -178

MidGuy

« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2020, 11:56:33 AM »

I didbt walk yet but my legs are quite mobile compared to with fixators.

MidGuy

« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2020, 12:47:40 PM »

lolwhyamidoingthis

« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2020, 03:03:28 PM »

Congratulations man, how many cm did you reach? I'm on about 4.5-5cm with my LON femur lengthening atm, can't wait to get these fixators off. How does it feel to finally be free? XD
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up