Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: A New Journey: Femurs with Dr Mahboubian  (Read 4073 times)

F3

• Visitor
A New Journey: Femurs with Dr Mahboubian
« on: May 14, 2020, 02:53:15 AM »

Hello Fam!

I am starting my journey and plan to get my Femurs done with Dr. Mahboubian. I have my consultation scheduled in two days.
My current height a bit over 5 ft 5 (165.9 cms). As of today, I weigh 140 lbs. My goal is to gain the full 8 cms through this procedure.

I would highly appreciate any suggestions/advice necessary for pre-op from all the LL veterans here who have been through the journey and who are preparing for it.

My pre-op preparation so far:

- I started stretching my quads, hamstrings, glutes, and hip flexors for about three weeks now and weight training which I've been doing for 2 months.
   Anything else you guys recommend apart from the lower body?
- I started taking Calcium, Iron, and Vitamin D supplements. Should I add any others?
- Also, I changed my diet, cut down sugars, switched to a high protein, and low/mid carb intake. (not sure if this would make any difference but trying to do my best here). My body fat is ~20 % trying to get it down as much as I can with some cardio.
  Or should I go full-on Carbs? or any recommended diet? 
- Anything you would suggest or recommend that you would have done better pre-op?

And, what to expect of the consultation? anything particular that I should ask/clarify? 

Please advise. Thanks!

Movie

Re: A New Journey: Femurs with Dr Mahboubian
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 06:03:52 AM »

-keep stretching those quads and hammies and also stretch the muscles that stretch when you're doing a sideways splits (don't know their names) those are the muscles that are the tightest on me after 8cm in Femurs, I don't know why everybody neglects these or never talk about these, but If these were flexible I'd pretty much be very normal now and could probably throw a high side kick lol but yeah stretch to do the sideways split, I believe It'll help.

-Good that you're working out your legs work out upper body too you'll need upper body strength to maneuver yourself through some activities when your legs will obviously be too weak to help you.

-Keep doing cardio get that body fat lower you don't want to be too heavy while going through the distraction phase ... I never took Calcium, Iron and Vitamin D pre-op but do as you wish... I'd save them for when you're distracting.

-Diet seems good right now to cut down on the body fat but when distracting make sure you're on a high protein and not too low carbs, you need your carbs and calories to have energy for therapy and to grow those muscles and bones.

Pre-op I was also working out & got myself at a very respectable level of upper body strength and legs were pretty strong as well, only thing I wish I would've done better is just stretch the sideways splits more maybe I would've had a slight advantage right now but other than that I think I did the best I could.

Ask all the questions you have, I'd even suggest writing down questions that you really want to ask so you don't forget, I forgot a couple questions I wanted to ask but it's nothing major really... a lot of info in the forum.

Best of luck.

Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

heightadd1

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 11:31:47 PM »

Hey man,

Same level as you, I'm doing my consultation this week, hopefully to schedule the surgery ASAP. I'm traveling from the South for the surgery. Are you out of state or you reside in LA?

farfan21

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 12:45:53 AM »

Best of luck to you my friend. Any reason why you picked Dr. Mahboubian in particular and not other doctors like Dr.Paley etc.?

Futureller

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2020, 12:15:32 AM »

I am looking to do my surgery with Mahboubian next summer.  Looking forward to following your diary.  Did you set a surgery date yet? 140 seems like you might be a bit skinny...I would uptake calories if you are skinny, need nutrition especially during LL.

F3

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2020, 08:36:05 PM »

Sorry guys. was out of town for a week and later got busy with work.

The (zoom)appointment went fine, Dr.M told me to do a toe touch and a side split and said I look great in terms of flexibility and told me to continue stretching, same with the diet, just advised to stop turmeric and fish oil before surgery. I'm waiting for the surgery date and apparently they are booked through July. Might request them for July if not then sometime early August.

@Movie- I've been stretching those every day and started doing the side splits too. Yes, I'm working on my upper body as well. I do strength training 5-6 days/week focusing on a diff body part each day apart from the stretching. Tbh, I feel like I have more upper body strength than the lower body.
The only thing I'm a lil worried about is my Hamstrings (biceps femoris) being tight, maybe I overstretched them. also, need to improve a lot on glutes/hip flexors. (these are the weakest of all for now)
cardio- I've been trying to run+jogg for 2 miles every day.
diet- agreed, will bump up the carbs after the surgery. trying to keep it the same- high protein, moderate fats, and carbs for now.
Me too, I guess achieved a good amount of upper strength. ( I can do wide arm pull-ups 3x8) on back days. will keep the side splits in mind and add it to stretching.

At last, Movie thanks so much man. I hope you are doing well with the recovery. You were one of the earliest Dr.M diaries I've read and I can say you are one of the reasons for me to consider or look into Dr.M. I was planning to go with Paley first. I really appreciate you looking out for LLers even after the surgery. Thanks again!

@height add- Hey man!
good to know, how did your consultation go? me too, I'm also looking to get it done asap since the timing is perfect, given the current situation. cool, I will be traveling from the north, I live in the bay area.

@farfan21- thank you, my friend! I guess its the success rate, cost, and him being instate made me choose him over Paley.

@Futureller- Not yet, I was given an early august date, but I asked for an early date. let's see how that goes. I don't think I'm that skinny but yeah will keep that in mind. Thanks man.

Movie

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2020, 09:48:02 PM »

You're very welcome, F3.
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

limewalk

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2020, 09:16:42 AM »

Aren't you concerned about coronavirus F3? What does Dr M say about this?

F3

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2020, 02:23:39 AM »

I am! just need to be more careful.

DreamerLL

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2020, 01:27:04 AM »

Do you set you schedule with Dr.M yet?

F3

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2020, 08:05:11 PM »

not yet, probably in sep!

F3

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2020, 12:44:51 AM »

Hey guys!

I’m scheduled for femurs with Dr.Mahboubian end of this month. Can’t believe I’m finally doing it! I’m nervous and excited lol

Cpl2012

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2020, 12:53:23 AM »

Hey guys!

I’m scheduled for femurs with Dr.Mahboubian end of this month. Can’t believe I’m finally doing it! I’m nervous and excited lol
Hi F3 are you doing solo ?

F3

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2020, 12:55:40 AM »

Hi, I’m accompanied by a friend. Are you doing too?

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2020, 02:34:02 AM »

Good luck F3. Excitement or nervousness, all emotions are uncertain and reasonable. What's certain is that you will get taller now! Good luck in your journey!
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

Cpl2012

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2020, 03:26:59 AM »

Hi, I’m accompanied by a friend. Are you doing too?
I am thinking, but look like he raises his price for Stryde now.

F3

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2020, 05:30:57 PM »

@ghkid2019- God willing! you are absolutely right. Thank you!

@Cpl2012- I guess inflation lol. What was the price you checked last time?

a

• 5'9
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2020, 10:29:56 PM »

I wish you the best brother. I hope everything will be okay and you'll strongen your legs as good as before with zero complications.
I'll keep an eye out for your diary.

Best Regards
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

F3

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2020, 11:31:17 PM »

Hopefully!! Thanks brother:)

F3

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2020, 11:41:56 PM »

Hello everyone!
my surgery is scheduled tomorrow 07/30 with Dr.M.
Met him yesterday for pre-op and raised my concern regarding the current Covid situation and the risks involved. He said I‘ll be fine given my age is 28. Apart from that yeah he was pretty chill and assured everything will be okay.
Gave me a prescription for Narcos and Xarelto to get it before surgery.

See you guys after surgery ✌🏽

jem_semarc

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2020, 12:01:59 AM »

Best of luck F3! This is the start of a new life :)
Stryde on Femurs in Jan/2021 with Dr. Giotikas - currently @ 5 ft 5, goal height 5 ft 8.

F3

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2020, 12:07:01 AM »

Thanks Jen :)

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2020, 12:41:20 AM »

I wish you the best, F3! Keep us updated on your journey. Best of luck!

Sky

Movie

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2020, 05:27:40 AM »

best of luck man you're in good hands we almost have the same Surgery date but different year, mine is August 1st
Nails removed 10/06/2021

F3

• Visitor
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2020, 11:27:06 AM »

Thanks sky! Will do
Thanks movie! Cool man, good that I can have you as a reference for my progress.

Day1 highlights -
Reached at 5.30 and it was like going through a virtual diary lol.
7.15 into the OR and Woke up at 12 PM with pain and I remember asking  them for some more pain killers. They put me on Dilaudid. The pain is at 4/5 now but is manageable.
Back to the recovery room, was greeted by Dr.M and was told the surgery went good. Lost more blood than usual that’s why the pain! Told me to do these stretches in the bed whenever possible. heel toe flexes and pulling toes towards you to touch knees to bed. Making a 45 angle with knees on bed. I’m able to do these now.
PT came in at 5 pm and with his help got onto the edge of the bed Very quickly but the anesthesia made me so drizzy I just sat there for 5 mins. I couldn’t get up since my BP got really low and the PT advised me to get back on the bed. And, Postponed the steps to tomorrow.
I was told by the nurses that My body isn’t taking the anesthesia very well. They gave me lunch I threw up in 10 mins after eating it. Gave me dinner at 6 couldn’t eat it. I wanted to have it later at 8pm, two bites into it i threw up again :(
Sleep is as irregular as usual and pain is at 5-6 when I’m up in between. Clicking the Dilaudid every 1hour now and trying to push it as much as I can..

ididUrMIM

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2020, 01:57:22 PM »

Thanks sky! Will do
Thanks movie! Cool man, good that I can have you as a reference for my progress.

Day1 highlights -
7.15 into the OR and Woke up at 12 PM with pain and I remember asking  them for some more pain killers. They put me on Dilaudid. The pain is at 4/5 now but is manageable.
Back to the recovery room, was greeted by Dr.M and was told the surgery went good. Lost more blood than usual that’s why the pain! Told me to do these stretches in the bed whenever possible. heel toe flexes and pulling toes towards you to touch knees to bed. Making a 45 angle with knees on bed. I’m able to do these now.
PT came in at 5 pm and with his help got onto the edge of the bed Very quickly but the anesthesia made me so drizzy I just sat there for 5 mins. I couldn’t get up since my BP got really low and the PT advised me to get back on the bed. And, Postponed the steps to tomorrow.
I was told by the nurses that My body isn’t taking the anesthesia very well. They gave me lunch I threw up in 10 mins after eating it. Gave me dinner at 6 couldn’t eat it. I wanted to have it later at 8pm, two bites into it i threw up again :(
Sleep is as irregular as usual and pain is at 5-6 when I’m up in between. Clicking the Dilaudid every 1hour now and trying to push it as much as I can..

Hang in there man, wish you all the best with recovery!

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2020, 05:09:59 PM »

Thanks sky! Will do

Day1 highlights -

F3, I hope you already feel better. Did you do your inhaling (with the simple inhaling device they give you) regularly?  Make sure you take deep breaths while moving. Also make your moves super slow. I hope these mitigate the lightheaded, vomiting feelings.
Starting [Morning] Height: 172.5 cm, Ending: 180.5
SNC - Femurs' Stryde Nail Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65337.0

wyrmhero

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2020, 07:07:22 PM »

Good luck for the rest F3. I will  following your topic diligently.

Cyborg

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2020, 08:01:03 PM »

Any update ?

F3

• Visitor
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2020, 06:57:54 AM »

Hi,
Sorry didn’t post in a while. Got busy with the daily routine. And was in lot of pain the first couple of weeks. I didn’t have much motivation to post.
It’s Day 25 today, since my surgery and I’ve lengthened over 1.5 mm as per ERC.
I had a lot of pain in my right leg which I believe was  nerve pain. I was prescribed Gabapentin. Pain is not bad now but there is a sharp pain above the knee on the inside when I turn and move. Left leg seems to alright, no pain or whatsoever.

F3

• Visitor
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2020, 07:34:36 AM »

I got my post op xrays and I have a concern regarding the osteotomy. It looks like my bones are mis aligned after the osteotomy. I’m worried if this is something to worry. I have seen all of M’s rays before and all of them seem to be nicely aligned. It’s sad to see mine like this. Anyways just wanted to know if this is something to be worried of.
Here are the X-rays
https://imgur.com/gallery/LOeUvEt
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up