Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why would anyone choose the Guichet nail over Stryde?  (Read 1372 times)

jem_semarc

Why would anyone choose the Guichet nail over Stryde?
« on: May 16, 2020, 10:33:58 AM »

I’m new to all of this so I am not trying to bash Dr. guichet.

Why would anyone choose the nail over stryde when they are both similarly priced? It just confuses me when I see people using the nail method, although not that often anymore. Stryde just seems so much more safer.

Also, Dr. Guichet has had a few cases of making patients crippled and unfortunately deaths as well.

Am I missing something here? Like I said, I don’t know much about Dr. G so if anyone else could fill me in, that would be great!
Stryde on Femurs in Jan/2021 with Dr. Giotikas - currently @ 5 ft 5, goal height 5 ft 8.

Montreal172

Re: Why would anyone choose the Guichet nail over Stryde?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 04:56:30 PM »

No man you’re spot on. They usually go for him because of their marketing and very little research.

frenchie

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2020, 05:56:49 PM »

Pasting my previous post again on Betzbone and Guichet nail

I just hope to paint this real picture of Betzbone and Guichet nail, once considered superior lengthening devices.

Both these nails are used exclusively used by their inventors: Betz and Guichet. They have established production chains such that they individually benefit from their implantation. Both these doctors are old. They will retire at some point in the next decade. They did not work with medical apparatus companies and other engineers to improve their nails. While there were no weight bearing nails in the past, now there is the Stryde nail. Stryde nail has a future. It is manufactured and designed by a company called Nuvasive. Some surgeons like Paley are involved in the process but are only one part of the picture. Whenever Paley and other doctors involved retire, the nail will continue to evolve through contributions by other doctors like Debiparshad and Rozbruch. The nail is used by 100s of surgeons around the world. It has a future and will gain from developments from several bright minds, investor money and other staff working at Nuvasive over time unlike Guichet nail and Betzbone. Guichet and Betz did not incentivize other experts to become part of innovating in this field.

Even now if you visit Guichet or Betz they will not accept problems with their nails. They will argue that their nails were the first to provide weight bearing and tried and tested blabber blabber blabber.

frenchie

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2020, 06:02:49 PM »

Also to answer your question, there are not many options for European patients unfortunately. Some consider Giotikas to be a decent option, some consider Monegal but otherwise Guichet and Betz are common options that Europeans consider. Especially if a surgeon is in the same country as you, that plays a huge role in making a decision. So someone in Germany will strongly consider Betz and someone in Italy will consider Guichet. Moving to another country with family and getting this procedure is very hard.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2020, 11:04:13 PM »

Guichet and Betz's nails aren't bad nails, and they have evolved over time.

Guichet offered Albizzia and Betz did Fitbone when I was doing LL.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 02:11:37 AM by Medium Drink Of Water »

jem_semarc

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2020, 11:18:32 PM »

No man you’re spot on. They usually go for him because of their marketing and very little research.
This is exactly what I was thinking!
Stryde on Femurs in Jan/2021 with Dr. Giotikas - currently @ 5 ft 5, goal height 5 ft 8.

jem_semarc

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2020, 11:19:55 PM »

Also to answer your question, there are not many options for European patients unfortunately. Some consider Giotikas to be a decent option, some consider Monegal but otherwise Guichet and Betz are common options that Europeans consider. Especially if a surgeon is in the same country as you, that plays a huge role in making a decision. So someone in Germany will strongly consider Betz and someone in Italy will consider Guichet. Moving to another country with family and getting this procedure is very hard.
So far from my research, Giotikas seems like the only European doctor that is a good choice to go with. & of course Paley and dr M in the states.

Montreal172

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2020, 12:01:15 AM »

But keep in mind Giotikas is new to the CLL but not LL.
He came about his private practice, 3/4 years ago.
I’m planning to go with him.

lang319

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2020, 10:57:28 PM »

hello,What is the difference between CLL and LL?thanks

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2020, 11:03:29 PM »

hello,What is the difference between CLL and LL?thanks

CLL is for completely cosmetic reasons. Normal person just wants to be taller.

LL is deformity or injury correction, usually like a leg length difference so they do one leg only lengthen
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

readyprecisestryde

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2020, 04:21:39 AM »

Precice- STRYDE nail is FDA approved and it can also move in reverse direction.

hanshi

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2020, 04:59:14 AM »

When a doctor gets money from a manufacturer for prescribing his product to his patients that's corruption. The same applies when the doctor is owner of the manufacturing company.
Therefore the business models of Guichet and Betz are corrupt and illegal.
Their technology is obsolete.
There is no supervision of medical products in Europe. The manufacturers supervise themselves.
Both Betz and Guichet are known to abandon their patients in case of serious complications. Both have lots of lawsuits from ex-patients.

Unfortunately still many people fall for their marketing which consists in part of outright lying. And lucky patients who had good results are helping them.

It's what happens with the bad cases that characterizes a doctor, not the good ones.

There are currently several lawsuits from former patients against Dr. Betz going on. If you or somebody you know is a former patient of Dr. Betz who would like to initiate legal action against him please send me a personal message.
I can help with lots of information on how to go about this.

frenchie

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2020, 01:43:19 PM »

- No one will implant a Guichet nail or a Betzbone after the 2 respective doctors stop their careers.
- Even the factories who manufacture these nails would be shut down (fully or in part) and the remaining inventory of nails be disposed, unused, not fulfilling the goal of lengthening any patient's limbs.
- It's possible that Guichet and Betz have documented some shortcomings of their nails but they don't have the team, money or interest to do anything about it and develop a new version with the defects fixed.

Things to think about.

NotSoBigBadBruin

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2020, 10:09:14 PM »

There is no supervision of medical products in Europe. The manufacturers supervise themselves.

First, you mean medical devices. Second, of course there is supervision.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3326593/

F_99

• Height Communist
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2020, 09:41:30 AM »

As you said, why would anyone choose Guichet at all, I don't know.

Also, Dr. Guichet has had a few cases of making patients crippled and unfortunately deaths as well.

I can only find one case though
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64405.0

Looking for an alternative.

hanshi

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2020, 09:59:16 AM »

First, you mean medical devices. Second, of course there is supervision.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3326593/
Yes, I meant medical devices and thanks for the link. I was well aware of that. If you read carefully you will find that the so-called Notified bodies are private companies who are being paid by the manufacturer to help them doing the assessment of conformity. The notified bodies themselves have no liability whatsoever, only the manufacturer is responsible that his product is conform with the EU regulations. And they don't give out any information.
So what happens if you are harmed by a medical device in Europe? Neither the manufacturer nor the Notified bodies give out any information about the documentation of the conformity and the burden of proof is on you the patient.
Therefore there is no supervision. It's a scam which looks nice on paper since most people are not aware of the problem.
There are currently several lawsuits from former patients against Dr. Betz going on. If you or somebody you know is a former patient of Dr. Betz who would like to initiate legal action against him please send me a personal message.
I can help with lots of information on how to go about this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up