Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tibia plus femurs 5-6 inches  (Read 3218 times)

Gman23

Tibia plus femurs 5-6 inches
« on: May 19, 2020, 02:05:59 AM »

I am thinking of doing 2 surgeries, my height is 5ft1.25 right now and gaining 3 inches won’t really make much of a difference, 5ft4 is still short for me. Gaining another 2-3 inches would make a difference thou. If anyone had done 2 surgeries, both tibia and femurs please reply to this Thank you. If anyone else got any suggestions that wether should do 2 surgeries on 1 please rely to. Thank You, stay safe
Height 156cm / Goal 168cm / femurs and tibia with Dr Parihar or Dr Giotikas

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65614.0

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
Re: Tibia plus femurs 5-6 inches
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 03:58:58 AM »

If 3 inches won't make a difference for you, then you are not a good candidate for LL. Infullstryde a humble man did 3 inches at your height and loves it. You are greedy, you will never be satisfied and will want more with that attitude always.

Anyways, MyEvolution went from 5'4 to 5'10 so 6 inches with two precodures a year apart. Read his diary.

Crazy+6 did 7 inches. He's also permacrippled.

Apotheosis did 7 inches from 5'7 to 6'2. He can only walk slowly now. But he has two adopted daughters and it makes him happy so be it
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

Meck

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 10:40:58 AM »

ghkid2019  You are newby registrate here and all i see is negative crap from you to all members , what you think who you are to take people hope here, you not made surgery at all , you came here to try killing members all hope, you are leech and if you cant ansver nothing possitive dont ansver at all ,is admin exist here to bannned user like this one ?

Gman23  3 inch mate is really low for you go for both surgery will be best decision in your life , i made 16.5 cm with femur at nd tibia and i cant explain how happy im, Short height is sick who killing you slow

snowpiecer

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 11:01:05 AM »

It depends on whether you'll want to come back to sports or not. If you're like Meck and do 16cm, you most probably will never do sports again. If being unable to do sports is not a problem then I guess you can do it.

I already did 3 inches so I know what I'm talking about.

Meck

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2020, 11:11:30 AM »

You only wish, all of you say i will be crippled or similar shiiit , but after device removed 10 days after that i start wallk , be sure in short time i will be strong like before  operation , because crap members like those one i leave this forum , here nothing positive noone say , only negative crap to kill people hope for life , so fkk of all you who is happy if sameone have problem

PANDA:BEAR..

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2020, 12:53:52 PM »

What's happened to apotheosis????

If 3 inches won't make a difference for you, then you are not a good candidate for LL. Infullstryde a humble man did 3 inches at your height and loves it. You are greedy, you will never be satisfied and will want more with that attitude always.

Anyways, MyEvolution went from 5'4 to 5'10 so 6 inches with two precodures a year apart. Read his diary.

Apotheosis did 7 inches from 5'7 to 6'2. He can only walk slowly now. But he has two adopted daughters and it makes him happy so be it

Gman23

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2020, 11:20:23 PM »

all humans at greedy, always want more. Like wise I still won’t be happy with 3 inches alone. Thanks for your information thou appreciate it.

Gman23

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2020, 11:23:28 PM »

It depends on whether you'll want to come back to sports or not. If you're like Meck and do 16cm, you most probably will never do sports again. If being unable to do sports is not a problem then I guess you can do it.

I already did 3 inches so I know what I'm talking about.

What if I do 10cm-13cm 4-5 inches with 2 surgeries will I be able to run a bit at-least?  Dr mahboubian said 5 inches will be fine. But if it’ll make life harder then I’d rather just go for 3 inches. THanks for the information appreciate it.

Gman23

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2020, 11:26:06 PM »

ghkid2019  You are newby registrate here and all i see is negative crap from you to all members , what you think who you are to take people hope here, you not made surgery at all , you came here to try killing members all hope, you are leech and if you cant ansver nothing possitive dont ansver at all ,is admin exist here to bannned user like this one ?

Gman23  3 inch mate is really low for you go for both surgery will be best decision in your life , i made 16.5 cm with femur at nd tibia and i cant explain how happy im, Short height is sick who killing you slow

Totally understand you brother. I will think about it. Hope you have a quick recovery, you are an inspiration brother, thanks for the reply appreciate it.

farfan21

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2020, 11:43:10 PM »

How old are you? And when and which doctor are you thinking of doing the surgery with?

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2020, 02:11:41 PM »

You kept lengthening and lengthening outrageously fast against all medical advice lol, you're the crippled one not me
I hope you recover, but we are still waiting on your xrays because last time there was a 9cm gap in your bones 🧐

User requested self-ban.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2020, 02:15:46 PM »

all humans at greedy, always want more. Like wise I still won’t be happy with 3 inches alone. Thanks for your information thou appreciate it.

I don't actually think you're that greedy, but be aware that you will have to accept whatever you gain and not set a hard limit. It gets impossibly hard to lengthen after a certain cm in the bone and it's a good idea to set reasonable expectations. 3 inches is still 3 inches, 4 inches is still 4. You can do more but it gets harder and painfully harder the more you go by exponential amounts. And quadrilaterals are tough on the body

User requested self-ban.

snowpiecer

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2020, 02:45:06 PM »

You only wish, all of you say i will be crippled or similar shiiit , but after device removed 10 days after that i start wallk , be sure in short time i will be strong like before  operation , because crap members like those one i leave this forum , here nothing positive noone say , only negative crap to kill people hope for life , so fkk of all you who is happy if sameone have problem

I never said you will be crippled and not walk again. I'm saying you'll never be able to do sports again. Walking is nothing compared to doing more demanding physical activities. Two completely different things here.

Meck

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2020, 03:21:19 PM »

Today i almost start wallk without crouches, without any help , few more days and i will start wallk normany and ghkid2019 yo can only wish im cripled ,  but 20 days from remove device i wallk normal and i have no ballerina at all , xray cant made because im in hotel wait to go home when border open , so shut up your mounth and stop spam people here , and snowpiecer  for sure i will can do sport , i have black beld 2 day and soon after this i will be like before because i made training every day almost 10 hours

drsaikiran99

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2020, 04:20:37 PM »

Hey Meck.u are legend brother..can u share your training routine.

Gman23

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2020, 05:41:02 PM »

Today i almost start wallk without crouches, without any help , few more days and i will start wallk normany and ghkid2019 yo can only wish im cripled ,  but 20 days from remove device i wallk normal and i have no ballerina at all , xray cant made because im in hotel wait to go home when border open , so shut up your mounth and stop spam people here , and snowpiecer  for sure i will can do sport , i have black beld 2 day and soon after this i will be like before because i made training every day almost 10 hours

Respect brother, hope you recover well. Stay safe.

Gman23

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2020, 05:45:45 PM »

How old are you? And when and which doctor are you thinking of doing the surgery with?

I am 18 years old right now, trainee chef, I have good looks but lack the height, “if only you were taller you’d get all the girls” someone said that to me and since then I’ve been thinking about this surgery, I have a lot of ideas in mind of making money, could start a business, I am thinking of going for 3 inches first and if I’m not happy with it I’ll do another surgery after. Health is wealth after all, if all goes well I could possibly have the money by 25,26 age, longgggg way I just hope I don’t loose hope, give up on the surgery as there’s more to life rather then just getting taller...

Gman23

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2020, 05:51:41 PM »

Dr mahboubian is on my mind, he is best surgeon after Paley after all, but expensive but worth the cost.

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2021, 11:08:19 AM »

Yeah I'm totally on board with Meck short height really sucks and we can

consider it as one kind of chronic cancer although it's only mentally fatal.

Even 12cm are not enough for this man but I don't suggest lengthening

over 12-13cm cuz you have to submit to your body endurance and it's

irrational to go beyond it in case you will go crippled.
I love STEM, Philosophy and Classics!

Sorcerer

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2022, 03:43:30 AM »

I think you can do Paley's Option 5 for rebreaking considering your height. I don't recommend doing external to achieve 5-6 inches but I can't agree more than Meck. Short is just like AIDS which can torture you slowly until you die and for you height I don't think only one operation can make many senses. But you have your own decisions so I am not mandating you do to that much.

motoboarder

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2022, 05:33:29 PM »

Yep, Paley's option 5 is the way to go. 20's is still young so your recovery will be easier than others, if you try hard and be focused on your goal. In some testimonials, a Chinese girl did 16 cm. First you'd lengthen 4+4 (femur, tibia), then a year later 4+4. I suggest you start stretching every day prior to surgery, it helped. I did that so I know.

Definitely take the measurement of your wingspan into consideration if you care about proportion. MyEvolution did 8+8 cm I think, but he had long arms to start with.

About stretching prior to surgery, push yourself beyond the norm. Take an example: usual people can't stand straight & touch their toes. Flexible people can do this. Ambitious LLers can touch their whole palm on the floor & with some bending elbows. Apply this principle to every stretching exercise. And even with this, once the procedure start, you still have to be diligent at everyday stretch just like other LLers. If you have the willpower & mental investment to commit to this, you MAY have a chance hitting 16cm.

I think 16cm is the most ambitious target on this forum, only few people made it. But at young age and with disciplines, I'm sure you can get the most of it. Good luck!
Asian male age 30-36; 163cm -> Gained 4cm tibias & 5.6cm femurs
Tibia surgery 01/18/2022; Femur surgery 02/01/2022
Diary http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=69090.0
Recommended wheelchair transport in West Palm Beach: East Coast Taxi (561) 651-1111 (please DON'T mention it's from me)

LLprime3

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2022, 07:47:17 PM »

Now that this old thread has been dug out of the grave, here is what I found to be a decent strat, if someone wants to do both segments at the same time.

Precise on Femurs and LON on Tibias at the same time. It has many advantages.

- Less invasive surgeries
- Low distraction rate is fine due to many bones that have to heal at the same time, less strained tendons
- Lower total cost because of the methods and one initial surgery for both legs
- No 1 year recovery before doing the next LL surgery since it's done simultaneously

motoboarder

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2022, 08:04:08 PM »

- No 1 year recovery before doing the next LL surgery since it's done simultaneously

He wanted to gain 16cm though. So I think 2 surgeries is inevitable. I.e. too much to stress our legs 8+8 in 1 shot.
Recommended wheelchair transport in West Palm Beach: East Coast Taxi (561) 651-1111 (please DON'T mention it's from me)

zaozari

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2022, 02:59:27 PM »

Now that this old thread has been dug out of the grave, here is what I found to be a decent strat, if someone wants to do both segments at the same time.

Precise on Femurs and LON on Tibias at the same time. It has many advantages.

- Less invasive surgeries
- Low distraction rate is fine due to many bones that have to heal at the same time, less strained tendons
- Lower total cost because of the methods and one initial surgery for both legs

Quadrilateral at the same time is NEVER a good idea. Just check the diaries, literature and allmost all doctors opinions. It's too risky, brutal for the patient and simply stupid. Get and compare some quality info before venting dangerous "advice".

motoboarder

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2022, 03:27:07 AM »

Quadrilateral at the same time is NEVER a good idea. It's too risky, brutal for the patient and simply stupid. Get and compare some quality info before venting dangerous "advice".

Your wordings maybe a bit too opinionated? There're currently a handful of quad patients at Paley including myself. What risks are you referring to? For sure the first 2-3 weeks after each surgery is quite a hardship. However, all the patients I knew have passed that & came to an OK state for lengthening.

zaozari

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2022, 09:56:35 AM »

Your wordings maybe a bit too opinionated? There're currently a handful of quad patients at Paley including myself. What risks are you referring to? For sure the first 2-3 weeks after each surgery is quite a hardship. However, all the patients I knew have passed that & came to an OK state for lengthening.
First of all I wish you well and point out my position is obviously of principle, not concretely applicable to every case and surely you are in good technical hands and ready to what's needed to be done and endure.
I'm not a doctor but I have biomedical background and beyond this forum, I have read dozens of doctors' opinions, articles and enquires. I would say that even common sense would suggest that simultaneous quadrilateral is not good practice. It's extremely organically violent for all tissues and organs, catching up between them all, potentially double painful and, I imagine, doesn't facilitate the crucial intensive physiotherapy. Plus it makes any axial correction or other complications more difficult to treat.
Paley is not superman, and certainly not God. He's one of the best in the world technically but also a bit of a mercenary of LL. Just 5 examples: 1) He was directly involved with the "wonderful" Stryde development which apparently was not even tested in animals, 2) His colourful before/after drawing commercials are medically unethical, 3) He denies will ever have any infection cases (very clinical, very scientific, very honest!), 4) He takes advantage of people's despair and charges incredibly inflated prices, 5) He performs LL no matter what the initial height is because he has this twisted convenient opinion, contrary to all psychiatric science and most other serious colleagues, even in 3rd country countries, that height neurosis and body dysphoria are always independent of height and instead equivalent to a patient simple wish/request (capable of paying,  of course), the view that only individual opinion counts and no psychological assessment is essential. Therefore he (conveniently) operates for example a 190 cm guy to achieve 195 cm. In my country this would be considered a gross violation of ethical, good medicine  practice and Hypocrates precaution principles by the independent medical regulator, and, if some complication arises,  he would be taken to court and possibly expelled from medicine practice. "Paley options X" , "Y" and "Z" are sold as diferent seductive, "one for all", packet sedan car models, as "express" fast routes to busy and demanding "clients". He's selling hope for non refundable money and not scientifically based "programs". Basically, despite his technical quality, it's mega *ull *hit . Everybody should at least seek additional advice before embarking in the wonderful LL paradise of Dr. Paley.
Ps-I know there are many good outcomes from Paley despite 100% recovery seems rare. However I cannot avoid pointing out those issues that for me are enough to get not totally emphatic/confident with him, despite having or not the money he requires and not living in the US.

Sorcerer

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2022, 02:32:53 PM »

I agree on him. I think you both are referring to 'cross lengthening' cuz I gotta make clean what kind of lengthening you guys are discussing about prior to addressing my point of view LOL.
Cross lengthening tends to gain patients less amount of lengthening compared to quadrilateral lengthening certain time apart while OP wanna achieve more than 10cm since 12cm is too much for crossing lengthening.
Cross lengthening indeed means less invasive surgeries and it is time-saving but think about you gotta heal the bones in two segments of your legs and it needs more post-surgery devotions into bones' healing than quadrilateral lengthening which means there will be more potiential incidents such as nonunion.
Plus cross lengthening also means you gotta pay money for quadrilateral lengthening for once, while quadrilateral lengthening certain time apart can allow you to pay the money also time apart and the burdens on your shoulder led by surgeric costs will be reduced.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 04:55:31 PM by PET »

zaozari

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2022, 04:01:19 PM »

You talk about time and money. This is allmost all about SAFETY, medicine, biology, natural tissues and body. Time and money should come after.
But good luck!
Why don't you go for Paley's "option 12"?
And do "hexalateral lenghtening" too? (Lenghtening arms as well).
And still maybe additionally offer for voluntary clavicle extension essays?

motoboarder

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2022, 10:02:55 PM »

Haha.. let's keep it cool & informative guys. We're here to share knowledge not bashing emotions at each other

Be it Paley Inst or whoever doctors, precise nail or whatever methods, any doctor/option of LL comes with risks. I think the right thing to do, is that one should take ownership of his own LL journey. There're several factors when it comes to this.

* You need to set an appropriate goal with respect to your body dynamics. You own your body so only yourself would know what this threshold is. For e.g. I'm in my 30s, not an athletic and my initial height is short. I'll NEVER maxout the 8cm on my femur, even 6cm gives me goosebump. But that's me. Dr. Rozbruch in NY has a patient named Sam - his story is public & popular. He maxout 8cm & fully recovered.

* Understand how flexible you are prior to surgery. Improve your range of motion before surgery is highly recommended.

* Don't go greedy for the CM. Don't quantify how much $$ you spend per CM gained. There're functions and proportions to take into account as well. Simply being tall doesn't mean looking good. Worse if you can't do things like running/jogging.

We can brainstorm the whole day for this list.

Paley has a good team of therapists who would be happy to signal stopping your lengthening if they spot a warning in your motion range. I think this goes with their "Safety first" principle. But we can also stop/slow down ourselves if we notice anything weird with our body e.g. nerve pain, large area numbness, etc. Thus, I think it all comes down to taking this procedure seriously and be the owner of your own LL recovery. It's not a simple cosmetic surgery that one can blames their surgeon if something goes wrong. There're a good number of things that we the patients are in complete control.
Pages: [1]   Go Up