Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New on the board...scheduled for bilateral femur lengthening with Paley  (Read 1013 times)

Anonymousguy

• Visitor

This is my first post out here.  I am scheduled for surgery with Dr. Paley on 6/9.

I am trying to absorb everything in this forum.  I will be staying at the Marriott and would be interested if others are having surgery with Paley around this time.

I figure I might be one of the first Paley CLL patients since the outbreak.

Anonymousguy

• Visitor

Actually, made a mistake above.  I am staying at the Homewood Suites Hilton.

ujin0101

• Visitor
  • CLL is a life changing game. Play it wisely.

Hi, welcome to the game. I had the surgery on my femur with Dr. Paley in last Tuesday and discharged from hospital at 05/15. I know in last Tuesday (05/12), including me, there were 3 patients having the same surgery done on their femur with Dr. Paley.

My original surgery date was scheduled in April, but due to covid-19, they closed their office and postponed my surgery date to June. I learned the Florida government was planning to reopen elective surgeries and asked them to reschedule my surgery to the earliest available.

:) :) :) :) :) :)

Movie

Congrats ujin, wishing you the best maybe make a diary?

and Anonymousguy your life is about to change! ... for the better with the right mindset, I'll stay tuned to your diary
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

Anonymousguy

• Visitor

Thanks movie and ujin0101.

Anonymousguy

• Visitor

Background on me.

I thought I was 5'8 but I was measured at my Paley consultation at 5'7 (though the consultant there said said they were getting a lot of people who thought they were getting a bit under measured).

I am not looking for a full 8 cm, but aiming for 5 cm.

snowpiecer

5'9 is a great height! Trust me your recovery will be much faster if you do 5cm. You're in good hands btw nothing to worry about.

Anonymousguy

• Visitor

thanks snowpiecer

Movie

I know at 5'9 you'll be pretty good but I've read a few diaries that also like you went conservative 6-6.5 CMs and wish they had gone the extra 2-1.5 CMs I did 8 CM's Femurs almost 10 months ago and I'm walking just fine, lifting weight, squatting no issues can sprint fairly fast again. If your body allows why not juice more out of the 100k+ you're going to pay? make sure to stretch the normal muscles , hamstrings, quads, calfs but also try to get as low as you can with the side ways splits because those are my tightest muscles right now.
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

Anonymousguy

• Visitor

Just checked in today to Homewood Suites Hilton.  Anyone else staying here now?
Pages: [1]   Go Up