Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4.5 Months Post OP. Urgent help needed. Cannot get heels to the ground.  (Read 766 times)

Athens

https://imgur.com/a/P8YeTGS

I need extreme calf stretching over the next month. My physical therapy has been a JOKE. Someone please give me advice on the how to get this down!!!!

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

How much time per day do you spend stretching?

An exercise that helped me is: stand while bending forward at your waist, with your arms straight and your palms on the seat of an adjustible chair.  Gradually, bend your elbows and get your forearms and forehead on the chair.  Stay there for a long time.

Arcon

https://imgur.com/a/P8YeTGS

I need extreme calf stretching over the next month. My physical therapy has been a JOKE. Someone please give me advice on the how to get this down!!!!
Hi, do you do exercises at home? How many hours per day? Isn't there any other physiotherapist near where you live? You may be a little "slow" but 4.5months is not that long for 6cm in the tibia anyway.

California2

To me, it does not seem probable that you will be able to correct such significant equinas ("significant" based on the photos you posted) with stretching alone.

You appear to need about 30 degrees of dorsiflexion to get to "neutral"; then, you want at least another 10 degrees and hopefully as much as 30 degrees of positive dorsiflexion for normal activity.  So, you are looking at needing to increase your dorsiflexion by at least 40 degrees.

If, as I suspect, you made little or no progress with stretching alone; then, you may want to consult a surgeon regarding Achilles tendon lengthening (ATL).  ATL has its own risks so I encourage you to be cautious and to become fully informed; however, ATL may be your only option at this time to return to full functionality.

Otherwise, it may be cowboy boots with a high heel for the foreseeable future.

10cmOnTibiaOrGTFO

how much have you done? seems like you have done too much.
maybe you can try wear high heels?
Pages: [1]   Go Up