Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: future developments - faster consolidation  (Read 508 times)

kats20

future developments - faster consolidation
« on: June 12, 2020, 10:22:13 AM »

Someone posted that a huge development in ll will be when they figure out how to facilitate fast healing of bone fractures.

I had never even considered how faster bone consolidation could lead to an easier ll experience (in externals). You could literally do a cm at a time, leaving time for recovery in between.

Would damage to the soft tissues not be cumulative though, ie doing 4cm total in four separate spaced out procedures would eventually lead to the same sort of damage as doing 4cm in one procedure?

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
Re: future developments - faster consolidation
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 07:29:24 PM »

I disagreed with that poster. Consolidation isn't the issue at all unless you're the rare person who has non union which is far and few. It's rehabilitation from such a traumatic surgery and physical therapy and stretching etc. Consolidation isn't a problem. You really want to do 4 rebreaking surgeries? Makes no sense
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

BetzLandLiberator

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2020, 09:31:35 PM »

I disagreed with that poster. Consolidation isn't the issue at all unless you're the rare person who has non union which is far and few. It's rehabilitation from such a traumatic surgery and physical therapy and stretching etc. Consolidation isn't a problem. You really want to do 4 rebreaking surgeries? Makes no sense

Exactly, bone regeneration is not the problem. It's the stretching and then gradual creation of new soft tissue.

kats20

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2020, 09:52:41 PM »

is there an amount of ll you can do without damaging the soft tissues? Like how much can they stretch before incurring damage? 1cm or something? Obviously no one would do the surgery for such a small amount but I'm just curious.

Kotiki

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2020, 03:09:39 AM »

Yeah, right. Consolidation isn't the problem. Opening the knee cap (twice!) and forcing a metal rod inside the bone is the problem.
Drugs allowing fast consolidation will make this barbaric torture obsolete.
Pages: [1]   Go Up