Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mockup of 5'10" - 6'1" - How are my proportions?  (Read 2714 times)

EmSon

• Visitor
Mockup of 5'10" - 6'1" - How are my proportions?
« on: May 28, 2020, 05:14:21 AM »

Mockup: https://imgur.com/a/h8HdCOm

My stats

Height: 178 cm
Goal Height: 186 cm
Wingspan: 186 cm
Sitting height: 90 cm
Inseam: 78-82 cm

Hey all, I'm planning to add 8 cm to my height bringing me from 178 cm to 186 cm with 4-4 lengthening of my femur and tibia.

I have broad shoulders and long arms compared to my height which is why I believe my proportions will still look good after lengthening. Being 6'1" would put my arms at the same as my height which is from what I've read is the average (ape index 0).

My legs have always been naturally big and muscular to the point that it can look too big for my torso sometimes. I think adding more length would make it seem more balanced.

Some questions:
1) I'm trying to maintain the ratio of my femur to tibia, is 4-4 a good lengthening to maintain this ratio?
2) Overall, would you say there is an improvement in my proportions, or is it the same/worse?
3) Would 6'2" look natural?
4) How is my torso length?
Current Height:176 (night)
Goal Height: 185-186 cm
Wingspan: 184 cm (6'0.5")
Sitting height: 92 cm (51.98% SHR)

deletedaccount

Re: Mockup of 5'10" - 6'1" - How are my proportions?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 01:46:17 PM »

1. Obviously
2. Looks slightly worse
3. No.
4. Looks a bit short

Overall legs look slightly too long but it looks completely fine to me, doable.

Tartar

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 04:02:37 PM »

it seems good.
you have great wingspam and a good sitting height too. Your inseam looks to be a bit too short compared to the rest. Are you sure to have mesured it well?
Anyway don't pay too much attention about proportion if yours at the begin are good enough.

Iron_Man

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 04:39:01 PM »

1. It’s ok. 
2. Proportions don’t look better, but also don’t look bad. 
3. I don’t know.  I think it will be too much. 
4. The torso looks a little short, but it looks good.

In my opinion, you made a mistake in the measurements (78 + 90 = 168).  Most likely, your inseam is longer than 78 cm. Or sitting height is longer than 90 cm.

Bigdawg

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2020, 06:05:47 PM »

Unrionically youre tall enough to do 4 inches femurs with minimal complications if youre gonna pay that much for this surgery at least hit a "morning" 6'2 height. So 3.5-3.75 inches on femurs

6'1 is also a good height people will definitely call you tall being 3 inches above 5'10, maybe only in Noethern europe would 6'1 be not noticably tall.

May i ask what country youre from?

Bigdawg

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2020, 06:08:10 PM »

Also i dont why people even care about proportions literally nobody cares, theres plenty of natural unproportional tall guys, in fact its rare not to see an unproportional tall guy

EmSon

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2020, 06:23:58 PM »

1. It’s ok. 
2. Proportions don’t look better, but also don’t look bad. 
3. I don’t know.  I think it will be too much. 
4. The torso looks a little short, but it looks good.

In my opinion, you made a mistake in the measurements (78 + 90 = 168).  Most likely, your inseam is longer than 78 cm. Or sitting height is longer than 90 cm.

Hi, I got my inseam length by looking up the sizing charts of the pants that I wore. One pair has an inseam of 76 and the other an inseam of 82. The one with an inseam of 76 is long enough to end slightly at my ankle when wearing them normally.

EmSon

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2020, 06:31:16 PM »

Unrionically youre tall enough to do 4 inches femurs with minimal complications if youre gonna pay that much for this surgery at least hit a "morning" 6'2 height. So 3.5-3.75 inches on femurs

6'1 is also a good height people will definitely call you tall being 3 inches above 5'10, maybe only in Noethern europe would 6'1 be not noticably tall.

May i ask what country youre from?

I've read the replies so far and the consensus seems that 6'2" would be too much. However I think I could pull off 6'1" comfortably after developing my upper body and maybe get away with 6'2". I'd like to keep the ratios of my femur and tibia the same not only for aesthetic reasons but also because of what my biomechanics will be like afterwards. My ethnicity is Filipino but I'm born and raised in Canada if that helps  :)

EmSon

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2020, 06:39:46 PM »

Also i dont why people even care about proportions literally nobody cares, theres plenty of natural unproportional tall guys, in fact its rare not to see an unproportional tall guy

I am aware that there are plenty of unproportional tall people, but I have to disagree with you on that. Putting money aside, it's also better to length both femur and tibia for biomechanical reasons. Yes height is a factor in appeal, up until a point where proportions get in the way. Most of us here are considering Leg Lengthening - to increase our appeal and self image. Having a disproportionate body would defeat that purpose.

Tartar

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2020, 07:53:42 PM »

If you have a long femur do the tibia. If you have long tibia do the femur. Proportion are important but you just need to stay in a "normal range". In addition I've seen that it's full of people talking about the cross leghtening, but it's a torture. You should stay more than 1 year in the bed, or lose 2 years of your life with external fixator and different size limbs. It can be better just in the theory; I think that more of the 90% of the people lengthen 1 segment only, and they are satisfied so. Are you really planning the operation or just dreaming it?

short

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2020, 04:36:57 PM »

Hi, I got my inseam length by looking up the sizing charts of the pants that I wore. One pair has an inseam of 76 and the other an inseam of 82. The one with an inseam of 76 is long enough to end slightly at my ankle when wearing them normally.
From the crotch seam to the ground inseam and pants-inseam are two different things.

ididUrMIM

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2020, 01:21:46 PM »

Mockup: https://imgur.com/a/h8HdCOm

My stats

Height: 178 cm
Goal Height: 186 cm
Wingspan: 186 cm
Sitting height: 90 cm
Inseam: 78-82 cm

Just lengthen your femur and you should be fine, waste of money to lengthen both segments considering many people actually have longer femurs to begin with and yours seems of equal length to your tibias. Do one segment if you are that desperate to waste money. I have said this before and will say it again, if you are anything over 175cm and you are lengthening your legs, the insecurity lies elsewhere. 

Hey all, I'm planning to add 8 cm to my height bringing me from 178 cm to 186 cm with 4-4 lengthening of my femur and tibia.

I have broad shoulders and long arms compared to my height which is why I believe my proportions will still look good after lengthening. Being 6'1" would put my arms at the same as my height which is from what I've read is the average (ape index 0).

My legs have always been naturally big and muscular to the point that it can look too big for my torso sometimes. I think adding more length would make it seem more balanced.

Some questions:
1) I'm trying to maintain the ratio of my femur to tibia, is 4-4 a good lengthening to maintain this ratio?
2) Overall, would you say there is an improvement in my proportions, or is it the same/worse?
3) Would 6'2" look natural?
4) How is my torso length?

ididUrMIM

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2020, 01:25:35 PM »

Many people on this forum apparently walk around with measuring tapes in their pockets so they really care about proportions. Apart from the occasional joke someone says about height, the people who pay most attention to these things are actually shorter people themselves. I mean, who in the sh*t cares about sitting height and kneeling height lol

ididUrMIM

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2020, 01:29:07 PM »

Why are your stats on the signature different to the ones on this post?

SkyHigh77

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2020, 10:18:51 PM »

I agree. Most have unnatural obsessions with proportions forgetting that MOST people do not fit the golden ratio. A doctor who does LL said once that getting advice from other prospective patients about LL is not healthy nor helpful. These people are over aware of proportions because of their dysmorphia. 10/10 won't notice with your clothes on and 9/10 won't notice with your shirt off Unless your arms are significantly shorter
Pages: [1]   Go Up