Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: You will never be 100% after the surgery, here is some proof.  (Read 5613 times)

jlk

Re: You will never be 100% after the surgery, here is some proof.
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2023, 07:55:15 PM »

my guess is he's not very athletic to begin with. i was an athlete before and have lifted HEAVY weights all my life. when i recovered enough (after LL surgery) I hit the gym everyday to the extent where I would pass out at home afterwards....that's when things started to get really good. the recovery rate increased exponentially with how hard I lifted weights.

first i could only do machines at the gym then went on to compound exercises like squats, deadlifts, bench and military after 2 months. I'm stronger now than before the surgery and will continue to improve. the original post is nonsense.

do the LL surgery. achieve your dreams and work out like you've never done before. you'll be great.
178.5cm > 186cm

TheDream

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2023, 08:25:54 PM »

my guess is he's not very athletic to begin with. i was an athlete before and have lifted HEAVY weights all my life. when i recovered enough (after LL surgery) I hit the gym everyday to the extent where I would pass out at home afterwards....that's when things started to get really good. the recovery rate increased exponentially with how hard I lifted weights.

first i could only do machines at the gym then went on to compound exercises like squats, deadlifts, bench and military after 2 months. I'm stronger now than before the surgery and will continue to improve. the original post is nonsense.

do the LL surgery. achieve your dreams and work out like you've never done before. you'll be great.

Be careful with this. Your center or gravity changes from lengthening a segment (tibia or femurs).

Depending on how much you lengthened etc. the strain on your knees etc. may become too big if you squat more than your own body weight.

jlk

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2023, 08:36:08 PM »

while the center of gravity may very well have changed, the human body is highly adaptable. going slow and steady is the key to allowing the rest of the body to "catch up" to the new changes.
178.5cm > 186cm

overandover

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2023, 08:40:53 AM »

I basically asked a question to a LL veteren who had the surgery in 2007 about if his legs we're back to 100% or not and if he felt like his legs felt like they were older than the rest of his body.

My question:

Well, you did the LL surgery in 2007 and its 2020 now, so after those long 13 years do you feel like your legs are in good health for your current age or do you have the feeling that your legs are like 10+ years older then the rest of your body?

The answer I got from member 'Medium Drink Of Water':

No, I don't feel like they're as healthy as the rest of my body:

They're stiff and I feel like I've reached maximum flexibility with them.
They get tired easier than I think they should/would without LL.
The skin looks a little bit splotchy and veiny, especially over the tibialis anterior muscles, and is injured more easily and takes longer to heal.  I bumped my shin two years ago (spring 2018) and broke the skin, and I can still see the mark.  If that had been on my arm, no way would it show right now.

My conclusion:

You'll legs will never be 100% after the surgery and they will feel older than the rest of your body. If you still think about having the LL surgery I wish you all the luck in the world and hopefully you'll make a quick and healthy recovery!

it's a tradeoff but worth it for many.

JJ299

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2023, 08:48:59 AM »

Out of the thousands of people who did it in Korea, less than 10 diaries on this forum regarding what its like, and what it's like after with Dr lee, it must be because of the language barrier, if you are korean or understand Korean, please try to find someone from Korea who has done this with Dr lee. 

There are plenty of diaries out there and Dr. Lee has his own forum where his patients talk in a daily basis (25,000 total posts):
https://cafe.naver.com/limblengthening

There's also a blog channel of a 36 year old guy that got it with Dr. Lee - lengthened 7.4cm LON

This is his recent video, post 20 months b-boying.

Thekollecter

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2023, 04:33:37 PM »

So I'm your opinion if someone got the surgery and they been fine for 10 years 0 proble s or complications in the future like long long term it's going to hit them ?

overandover

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2023, 05:15:25 PM »

Hard to say how much you can generalize from my case.  I lengthened a lot, but I started out with very flexible lower legs anyway.  I did gymnastics as a kid, and whenever we'd stretch our calves I'd barely feel anything and wonder if I was even doing the stretch right.

Medium Drink Of Water
If you can go back in time what would you change if anything at all? Would you do less cms?

palm_trees

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2023, 06:55:20 AM »

Never base all patient's recovery outcome and potential from one dude's journey.
I love medium drink of water and feel bad that he feels he is not recovering well, but he also legthened over 7 cm with surgeon who is less than elite.

As a current patient of donghoon lee who is currently at 4.4 cm in LON tibias, my condition is fantastic and see no reason why I can't recover well when i'm done legntheing. Most patients here get average 6 cm in tibias, and I have met a few patients who are fully recovered and they are all in great condition. PT here is fantastic and my PT says many of his patients who lengthened around 6 or more have no problem snowboarding, dancing, and climbing etc.

Surgeon skill is very important, and you get what you pay for. That's why I chose donghoon lee, who has the highest tech in south korea, and renown skill in cutting the bone, etc.

Everyone is different, and not everyone will have the same great outcome. But not everyone had an elite surgeon, with elite PT, and a great rehab ethic, etc. so many factors are in play here. Don't base entire LL outcomes on one dude. Look at those who recovered well, those who recovered not so well and see what the differences lie. And don't fade the best surgeons for LL, they are the most expensive for a reason and they are worth it.

Singh1

• Visitor
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2023, 10:59:20 AM »

Fully agree with the reply above!

Also palm tree I sent you a PM, mind replying to me :P

Body Builder

« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2023, 01:42:41 PM »

Noone is fully recovered after LL. Thats a fact.
From how close to your pre LL condition you'll be has to do with many things like not having any malunion, not lengthen too much, not do both segments, not have any knee damage with internals, your age etc etc.
But for sure nobody would be the same after LL as before. The best is to be about 95% but most LLers will be somewehere between 80-90% if everything go well.

jlk

« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2023, 03:54:26 PM »

i disagree. Can you tell us how you came to these conclusions?
178.5cm > 186cm

Zib

• Visitor
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2023, 07:16:59 PM »

Noone is fully recovered after LL. Thats a fact.
From how close to your pre LL condition you'll be has to do with many things like not having any malunion, not lengthen too much, not do both segments, not have any knee damage with internals, your age etc etc.
But for sure nobody would be the same after LL as before. The best is to be about 95% but most LLers will be somewehere between 80-90% if everything go well.

Why not both segments? If you do both segments with a conservative amount you will be better than doing one segment and pushing it. With that your biomechanics wont be as much changed as doing only one segment.

Temoc

« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2024, 02:57:41 PM »

Why not both segments? If you do both segments with a conservative amount you will be better than doing one segment and pushing it. With that your biomechanics wont be as much changed as doing only one segment.
Better biomechanics on one hand but two stretched out segments on the other hand. I'd believe doing one segment would be better overall.

JON SNOW

« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2024, 06:50:03 PM »

Better biomechanics on one hand but two stretched out segments on the other hand. I'd believe doing one segment would be better overall.

disagree, with some nuance. Each segment has an “elasticity buffer” in the soft tissues, on avg lower leg 2-2.5 cm and upper leg 3-3.5 cm

from from there the problems begin, first linearly then exponential

so it depents how much is lengthen, hypothetical 3 cm tib + 4 cm fem  is gona be better overall than 7 cm only femur,  mind you not by much

DonBones

« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2024, 08:01:36 PM »

I basically asked a question to a LL veteren who had the surgery in 2007 about if his legs we're back to 100% or not and if he felt like his legs felt like they were older than the rest of his body.

My question:

Well, you did the LL surgery in 2007 and its 2020 now, so after those long 13 years do you feel like your legs are in good health for your current age or do you have the feeling that your legs are like 10+ years older then the rest of your body?

The answer I got from member 'Medium Drink Of Water':

No, I don't feel like they're as healthy as the rest of my body:

They're stiff and I feel like I've reached maximum flexibility with them.
They get tired easier than I think they should/would without LL.
The skin looks a little bit splotchy and veiny, especially over the tibialis anterior muscles, and is injured more easily and takes longer to heal.  I bumped my shin two years ago (spring 2018) and broke the skin, and I can still see the mark.  If that had been on my arm, no way would it show right now.

My conclusion:

You'll legs will never be 100% after the surgery and they will feel older than the rest of your body. If you still think about having the LL surgery I wish you all the luck in the world and hopefully you'll make a quick and healthy recovery!

He is correct. In fact, even without the surgery most people here wouldn't be 100% in 2-3 years simply because you get older, which after the age of 22-25 means it is going downhill slowly but surely.

The extent to which LL accelerates the process depends on a lot of factors, such as how the surgery went, which complications arose and the amount lengthened. For some people the difference will be little. For others, like the person quoted, some more. And a few unlucky ones remain permanently disabled.

What is for certain though is that no one goes back 100%, not if you do this to your body. Carefully weight up if the extra height is worth it, that is my advice.
First Surgery - Prof Betz - 28th July 2021 🇩🇪
Nail Removal - Dr Becker - 13th December 2023 🇩🇪
Lengthened: 5.00cm
Height: 180cm
Current Phase: Post Nail-Removal Adaptation
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up