Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5'9 to 6'2  (Read 1111 times)

growthPlz

5'9 to 6'2
« on: April 14, 2020, 10:23:17 PM »

If i do 3 inch on femurs and then 2 inches on tibias, at 5'9", would 6'2 look extremely disproportionate? Also how long would it take to recover from both of these surgeries, lets say if i do both with stryde.

deletedaccount

Re: 5'9 to 6'2
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 10:28:05 PM »

Can't say without a picture or atleast your stats: sitting height, crotch to floor inseam, etc.

FormerKidd

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 02:06:09 AM »

If i do 3 inch on femurs and then 2 inches on tibias, at 5'9", would 6'2 look extremely disproportionate? Also how long would it take to recover from both of these surgeries, lets say if i do both with stryde.

In order to gain this near-maximum amount, you'd need to do the surgeries at least a year apart.  Best case, you are looking at 3 months lengthening and 2 but probably 3 months consolidation each time.  Also, you would need to be extremely flexible and stretch constantly otherwise you will either slow down or not reach your goal -- a lot of people don't make it all the way just fyi.

Sanity

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2020, 07:09:49 PM »

Well not extremely disproportionate but disproportionate. I will use a priori judgement here and even without looking at any of ur pic i can say that could be a blunder. I know someone who did ll from 5'9.5 to 6'3 and did a shortening surgery years later solely because his proportions got him comments and he was in depression for a long time after that.
even if you have a big torso for a 5'9 guy it will look very off on 6'2 body. there r so many other factors that 6'2 would naturally have, head size, waist to shoulder ratio, clavicle lengths and widths, hand size, finger length, arm length, feet size, etc.

maximum you should do if you stil want to keep ur balance and proportions is 6 id say.
post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)

V

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2020, 06:33:45 AM »

Where are you from? Did you already do it? Can I document your whole process of LL from 5'9 to 6'2?

Bigdawg

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2020, 06:22:05 PM »

I dont believe sanity's story about knowing a 5'9 who became 6'3, honestly a good example of a eide short torso person, with long legs is Arnold schwarzeneger, , hes got a torso of a 5'9 guy arms of a 5'11 guy but is about 6'1 and a half in his prime

Walsandrew

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2020, 09:29:08 PM »

From purely my own perspective I would recommend against. Adding that amount of length to your legs, without having a big, broad torso I would think would make you lanky.

It might be hard to be sympathetic but I have the torso length of my brothers (I am their exact sitting height) who are 5ft10 and 5ft11 but am a little over 6ft4, and I've felt so self-conscious of my height (well, really my leg length / proportions) since I was a teenager. In other words, I've I've been exploring shortening for a long time just to gain more proportion and not to feel like I'm walking on stilts / in danger of looking like a beanpole if I don't do very regular weight training - https://imgur.com/WlIZhe0

deaddog

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2020, 01:46:39 AM »

It might be hard to be sympathetic but I have the torso length of my brothers (I am their exact sitting height) who are 5ft10 and 5ft11 but am a little over 6ft4, and I've felt so self-conscious of my height (well, really my leg length / proportions) since I was a teenager. In other words, I've I've been exploring shortening for a long time just to gain more proportion and not to feel like I'm walking on stilts / in danger of looking like a beanpole if I don't do very regular weight training - https://imgur.com/WlIZhe0

Mark Twain once said, "We often do not deal much in facts, when we contemplate ourselves."

Seriously though @Walsandrew... you look just fine to me, you're just a tall guy is all...

V

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2020, 03:22:19 AM »

From purely my own perspective I would recommend against. Adding that amount of length to your legs, without having a big, broad torso I would think would make you lanky.

I'd recommend hiring a personal trainer and simply going to the gym and following a strict diet, you'd look like a beast at 6'4 trust me. I'd also recommend having a gymbuddy, maybe your bestfriend or one of your brothers?

Walsandrew

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2020, 08:02:44 AM »

Haha interesting quote to use on a forum like this  ;)

I take your points, and not intending to hijack thread, just giving my experiences: a large part of it is perception, yes (though that doesn't invalidate it like it wouldn't for everyone else on here). But being excessively tall is not the holy grail that you think, especially when you have proportions like me and generally appear like your limbs have been stretched on a rack. And I've been training in gym / with a pt for years, just not in lockdown haha

My point was mainly to the OP to consider moderation and going to 6ft, which is a great/ideal height

deletedaccount

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2020, 08:12:15 AM »

your torso to leg ratio looks completely fine though, aesthetic even

deaddog

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2020, 03:02:41 AM »

Haha interesting quote to use on a forum like this  ;)

So very true, Walsandrew... Nice catch! ;)

Pages: [1]   Go Up