Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: one year post op  (Read 1032 times)

Megan12345

• Visitor
one year post op
« on: July 22, 2020, 09:51:33 AM »

Hi Everyone,

I had my surgery almost a year ago in august and lengthened 8cm femur but i am just now having some pain in my groin and also my shin. Its nothing to bad but just wondering if it is anything i should be worried about or if it is just my muscles? I can run about a mile, jump and do everything but just abit of pain occasionally. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

k1erz

Re: one year post op
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2020, 10:11:33 AM »

Judging by my own research into limb lengthening (I’ve not done it myself, but intend to do 8cm in femurs) it’s perfectly normal to feel some pain after only a year. In fact full recovery usually takes place maybe a year after the removal of the device.

Do you mind if I ask who you did the surgery with and your age?

Megan12345

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2020, 10:28:59 AM »

i just turned 23 and i had it with Dr Paley. If you want to direct message me i will answer any questions you have since i've already done it :)

Movie

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 06:39:30 PM »

I still have some pains too did it August 1st with Mahboubian. maybe after we remove the hardware it'll get better, I also have ran 2 miles not too long ago, can sprint now not so slow etc.
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up