Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Surgery Greece stryde femur 23 june  (Read 5486 times)

spartacusforhimself

Surgery Greece stryde femur 23 june
« on: June 16, 2020, 10:40:50 PM »

Hi Everybody
I made the decision to face this path and in these days I will explain the motivations (emotional, logical after years of reflection) that pushed me.
I have already taken a home for the next two months.

dreamBig

• Visitor
Re: Surgery Greece stryde femur 23 june
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 12:19:29 AM »

Good luck bro! Rooting for you.
Would be another good diary for Dr. Giotikas.

RB

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 12:22:22 AM »

All the best man!

Excited to see your journey. I am planning surgery with Dr G next year so will be great to hear your experience.
Femurs with Dr. Betz - March 2021
5'4" > 5'7.5"
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66296.0

spartacusforhimself

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 10:05:02 PM »

Thanks a lot dream big
thanks a lot Rb137

Tartar

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2020, 11:14:55 PM »

Good luck! I hope the best for your surgery
Let us know every news  8)

Silzz

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2020, 02:47:00 AM »

Good luck man. Let us know how it goes!  8)

spartacusforhimself

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2020, 08:11:58 PM »

15 June 1 week before the surgery .

A little about me.

I am a 32 year old young man. I am tall 1.63 1.64 .

I have always wanted to do it since I was 21 years old but energy, money and practical impossibility of doing it had occurred.
Stryde speeded things up and teased me (possibility of reconciling with work from the computer).
Even the quarantine actually with the coronavirus has pushed me to think maybe in these three months July August and September nobody will miss me and I can continue to do my work from the computer.

The problem is that I had too many doubts
After talking to dr. Pili there were some things that didn't convince me especially about fat embolism the fact that someone don't drill several holes to prevent fat embolism.
I asked myself I read books on how to deal with difficult situations. And I wondered “for the next 19 years you feel that you will solve this problem e.g.
Not putting on shoes with heels or anything? No” . guys sure I would have continued to wear high-heeled shoes with an internal heel and to tell the truth I already feel low with high-heeled shoes let alone without. Sure I would have thought about it but i cannot anymore face this with that solution.

The fact is that when you study or work it is normal that you do not think about it you are in an inner phase but when you make social life with the other beach walk or something else it seems a continuous anxiety as if they will continually look at your shoes and discover that something is wrong.

I didn't see myself walking barefoot or running with a friend many times.
I wanted to face my historical insecurity. Will this be the right way? . When you leave, let alone that I see the slope of the sidewalk and I saw which part was higher (usually the right) to put me there.
I had to do something.
I think that regardless of everything my external image does not correspond to the internal image I have of myself.

I tried with upper body mass gym well but I walk curved with shoes with heels. I felt the suffering of some girls that in a moment the magic vanished. even if we remember women are being emotional for some it matters for others not.

One thing that impressed me was in a wedding 1 year ago. Although I had put on shoes with a 5 cm heel (and not the 7 or 8 one) I was the lowest ever of 150 people. All the girls or gentlemen were taller. I think who is 1.63 or 1.64 falls within the percentage where 99% is higher. Even if in that event I was trying to be at my home and being subdued I promised myself that I would never use shoes with an internal 5 cm low heel again..
I spent a week at home. .

6cm or 7 would be enough even if my goal is 7 or 8cm.
came the
Time to face the moment and on Tuesday giotikas will intervene.
How did I prepare for the operation?
I have been trying to stay in shape by leaving bodybuilding alone and focusing on cardio and running and stretching the last month. I thought that in case of bone fracture a certain degree of fat will be released into the blood and I thought it important to have good circulation and breathing (compete with you for what could have been done 1 month before)

Some thoughts on concerns and how I solved them:

1. Fat embolism- speaking with Giotikas confirmed to me that it is very rare. He told me 1 in 2000 can happen. HE said to me that the statistics we have available have been compiled by a part of the population that is older which is more exposed or by road accidents in which we do not immediately intervene. With the special technique and for aesthetic reasons there are no statistics in this regard and it is considered much rarer.1 out of 2000 falls into the following cases

2. Blood cots fortunately we can move right away, but to avoid this complication he confirmed that he is also running Stryde blood tiner for two weeks and also practices so-called decompression

3. Poor healing is seen every two weeks and said that if there is little bone callus with stryde or you stop for a few days and you monitor or you can even go back and you can hardly get to the non Union

4. Sciatic nerve is not touched and has confirmed to me that it is the doctor's negligence and he supports the alignment well

5. Pain management? Well I hope in medicines even if dr giotikas informed me that already getting used to stretching I help my head to get used to that burning sensation not to interpret it as pain
TIME IS coming

spartacusforhimself

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2020, 08:21:35 PM »

Thoughts on 18 June -  4 days before the operation
 here it is in my original state today is Thursday and tomorrow Friday I will take flights to go to Greece to spend Saturday and Sunday. on  Monday scheduled for anesthetist and then Tuesday operation.

1.considerations we try to project ourselves into the future when this 3 months have passed and we will try to walk "normal". One wonders what the operation will be like what it means to walk how painful it will be, if we are crazy to do this but was there really a need? One doubts oneself and everything. But then we think of social anxieties about that sense of inadequacy. It will be like a blink of an eye and then being able to say "is the best decision I have made"?
My leg are walking they are doing their function how will be for them if i put my effort at max?

2. Things that took place today. Today the suitcase was packed for three months. Lots of clothes bought to play sports shorts, T-shirts and shoes. One wonders what it will be like to walk on crutches. If you put stryde that bears 75 kg and I weigh 68, is it better not to put the backpack between your shoulders? It is believed that you will not be able to hold anything in your hands when you are on crutches. Tickets are printed and you can see what to do in two days in Athens. 3. Mental state mood excited and hopefully the operation will take place quickly in the blink of an eye and then quickly to practice without any complications.
Best regard

I arrive today in Athene I organized my self in a house on airbnb near the
physotherapy center ( by telling the truth not so near is 800 metres how i will moove with crutches or wheelchair? I will need a taxy everytime?) . Overall the sansation is mixing of anxiety and relaxing.
HAve good evening all of you

Arcon

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2020, 08:59:47 PM »

Congratulations and good luck. Everything will be fine. Hopefully I will be where you are in a year from now. keep us posted.

Cpl2012

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2020, 11:15:44 PM »

Congrat and good luck bro!! Do you need to quarantine when you first come there?

spartacusforhimself

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2020, 10:24:34 AM »

Cpl2012
Yes the first day i had to stay at home.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2020, 06:08:47 PM »

Hope operation goes well. You made some very obviously sensible points about why you want to do this operation. It's about time, better get it done now, or never
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

uclqlic

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2020, 01:34:14 PM »

good luck with your surgery bro. Hoping to see your update soon.

Cpl2012

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2020, 09:08:11 PM »

Hi Bro, i pm you. Could i have some questions?

spartacusforhimself

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2020, 09:02:41 PM »

Cpl yes tell me

k1erz

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2020, 10:07:14 PM »

Hi Spartacus.

Good luck on your journey bro.

I'm very interested in reading about it as I'm seriously considering receiving this surgery from Giotikas too.

spartacusforhimself

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2020, 04:44:47 PM »

Guys good evening
These are already 48 hours after the operation. I describe how they went
Surgery day
You don't understand what is going on, you only feel that they put the anesthesia mask on and then you find yourself in the recovery room and then be transported to your room.
You are on paracetamol and tramal drugs (the former for muscle pain, the latter for nerve pain). But in what sense do you feel little pain ? In truth it is as if you have got very cold in the legs or if you have played a football match and the pain if you don’t move is costante to 3-4 because they are not moving. While if they move, because of the wounds that stiffen all the muscle. So to you, like when a person plays football has an injury and does not want to put his foot on the ground, he would simply stand still and wait for it to pass. But they actually put you to work on the same day

Range of motion
I can only raise one leg at a time while lying down and I can bend them almost to 95 degrees it is necessary that they are folded to 90 in order to climb the stairs but they are very rigid.
They put me to work and I took a few steps with the Walker. In truth if with the left (strange because I have had it weaker ) I can fully support my weight with the right leg there is some ligament or discomfort at the level of the knee and it only allows me to be with the right leg tiptoed . Then I step left leg with the sole of the foot resting and right leg on tiptoe.

Recurring thoughts and focus
recurrent thinking is for me guys to pee in that kind of funnel. Since one cannot get up it is very difficult and unfortunately one has a full stomach of liquid and if one does not pee one cannot relax.
So how can you pee not from top to down but in horizontal way :)

Second day
At night I felt as if some leg muscles were waking up pain on 4 And the evening before I had a little fever at 37:30 and in the morning while 36. I think it has a big impact on our body.
Today I did the same steps with physiotherapists with the right toe and left with the entire sole of the foot were 4-5.
I think that we cannot going back and given that you cannot walk on you own you need assistant to do everything beacuse the legs are a sort of immobiliZe .
Today however I have a small improvements beacuse if is in the first day I cannot stand up to pee today I decide to stand in my foot and try to do it form the tolto the bottom .
Sorry for this arguments but I think is some thing that one should
Know

Silzz

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2020, 02:12:25 AM »

Congrats on the first step man. Update us on how the "pee" thing going  ;D

spartacusforhimself

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2020, 09:33:22 AM »

Day June 27th is the 4th day
Progress :
I go to the bathroom alone with the Walker and I made my first 20 steps with crutches both in the morning and in the afternoon
The physiotherapist tells me that I will soon be able to jump from the parachute
Right leg when i walk and i put in the floor the  inflammation and pain decreased .

June  29 6 sixth day
I slept very well last night and I don't know why I woke up without those micromovements that hurt. It seems that now I could well put the sole of my foot on the ground and everything.
I did stretch and then
I took 30-40 steps with Walker. I went to toilet alone and washed my clothes myself

Then I took 30 steps with crutches but this time fully supporting my weight and not relying so much on the arms

30 june 7 days operation

I wake up at 6 i did 20 steps with  Crutches
Breakfast and I go back to bed
7 days have passed another 7 and the worst they say will end
Up to now the pain from 1 to 10 has been maximum 4 when I got up for a few micro movements but overall around 3

Day 1-2 July 8 days
They discharged me from the hospital. I had no problems going with a wheelchair to the taxy. Arrived by car with crutches I got up and sat behind. A Giotilas assistant and even hospital nurses helped me with suitcases and everything.
When I got home I hired a person provided by giotikas who is with me 24/7. I asked to go shopping and cook.
This day ended tired and I slept well all 8 hours

Day 2 July 8 days
I had to work but tramal took effect and I didn't wake up before 10 am then I worked until 13. From 13 to 16 I slept at 16:30 until 19:00 I worked with computers.
What is it like to work? Well you can be careful to pass all tramal effect first.
I practiced from 7 to 8 something like 80 steps with crutches going and returning from the corridor and kitchen tired but happy.
They told me that after 8 days they never saw anyone walking on crutches.
At night I go to bed but I wake up at 5 o'clock, light pain and tingling like when one does a gym. I take toradol and sleep
Fortunately for me I can tell you that the pain has never risen above 4 and with tramal and ... it is manageable we hope that it will also be so for the future

jem_semarc

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2020, 10:10:47 AM »

Nice one dude! It seems like the pain isn’t that bad for you. Others describe the pain as the worst during the first 3 weeks, so if you can ride this out then things will be good for you.
Stryde on Femurs in Jan/2021 with Dr. Giotikas - currently @ 5 ft 5, goal height 5 ft 8.

spartacusforhimself

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2020, 12:54:07 PM »

Yes so far is manageable the pain. But As I understand it will be like a rainbow of colors when it comes to pain so new shapes will appear when reaching 3 cm and 5 cm

dreamBig

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2020, 02:52:38 PM »

Wonderful! spartacus. I am really glad that pain level is low for you, and you are already walking! From other CLLers's diaries, the pain is a big factor affecting sleep and physical therapy. You will be doing great.  BTW, I have one question, not sure if I read it correctly, did you get discharged from hospital on the 8th day? I thought their website mentioned up to 4 days in hospital after surgery.

spartacusforhimself

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2020, 06:38:21 PM »

Yes dreambig. I decide to stay 3 more days on hospital because pay the nurses at home or pay 1 day more in clinic had the same price ... and also in hospital
I had physiotherapy. After with doctor we decide however to leave the hospital and go to my house 

T_bone

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2020, 06:41:13 PM »

Yes dreambig. I decide to stay 3 more days on hospital because pay the nurses at home or pay 1 day more in clinic had the same price ... and also in hospital
I had physiotherapy. After with doctor we decide however to leave the hospital and go to my house

Spartacus that seems like a great decision on your part. I'm glad you're recovery has been progressing so well. Can I ask, how was your flexibility prior to surgery?

dreamBig

• Visitor
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2020, 07:14:53 PM »

Wow! Good to know it. Great decision. I would commend Dr. G for the accommodation of extra days in the hospital, that will definitely make the transition easier for the first week. With PT, active walking and pain under control, bro, you will have a much smoother way to reach 8cm!

k1erz

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2020, 11:26:01 PM »

Great updates Spartacus.

I’m feeling really positive for your diary and will be following closely. I hope you provide us with regular updates.

I’m thinking of going with Giotikas next year and would love to know more about how you’ve felt about his and his team’s competence.

I’d also like to know how you’ve felt about the support you’ve received post surgery.

m7liam

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2020, 03:15:26 PM »

I’m in Greece! Just pinged you

asian

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2020, 03:05:39 AM »

Hi Spartacus, how much did you pay for extra days in the hospital?
Femurs Stryde 8cm with Giotikas September 2020
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65588.0

spartacusforhimself

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2020, 06:18:50 PM »

HiAsian I paid 200 euro

dreamBig

• Visitor
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2020, 02:56:29 AM »

Hi Spartacus, any update? Hope everything is going well with you.

more

« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2020, 08:48:38 PM »

Another diary without Xray or legs picture
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up