Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: LL Nightmare in Barcelona  (Read 19441 times)

GoaT

Re: LL Nightmare in Barcelona
« Reply #124 on: June 06, 2023, 08:43:22 AM »

Any update?

Abbot

« Reply #125 on: June 18, 2023, 02:47:56 AM »

Look you don't know who I am. You defend Monegal blindly but you don't know who I am. I can give my surgery date to moderators in private and my xrays to prove I was a patient but I won't publish here because this doctor isn't honest and uses personal information for the bad.

Whoever Auron is, it seems to be a Dr Monegal personality, him.  What NOTATROLL says is very accurate in my experience if not worse.  I am in the medical biz so feel somewhat able to describe this physician.  He is a sociopath in my estimation.  Yes.  If you read the rest of the comments here you will understand.  If you look up the personality of a sociopath he meets all the criteria.  He does not a care one iota about you.  He cares about him.  He is a divorcee with 2 children and has a 21 yr old or near that nurse girl friend.  He cares about the initial surgery because he likes the money.  After that good freekin luck.  I almost died indirectly from him.  He promised me narcotic pain medication before I came over as most studies indicate as appropriate for this surgery but gave me Acetaminophen 1000mg and Nolotil only available in Spain and Portugal for broken femurs!  Both of these meds are ineffective for this type of pain but he could give a hoot.  It got so bad a day out of the hospital I had to go to the local ER for pain control.  I was in a wheel chair and getting to the hospital was an incredible journey.  He would not give me anything! so I hopped a plane and developed a life threatening clot on the long flight home.  He lied to me that he would give me pain medication. Before I came over he told me in an email (which I have) he would give me narcotic pain meds.  He never did and could only get some back home which I had to take for around 9 months. 

Another of his promises, "I will remove the IM nails at no charge, just the hospital expenses".  He would not.  He did not.  I called him for 12 days to arrange the removal but he would not answer my phone messages or emails.  He could give a rats rear end.  After I complained to the hospital who must know him well (Diagonal) he miraculously responded to me but he was pissed.  He answered me some after that but I decided to pay for a physician here at home and cut my losses with a real human being surgeon.  I could not take his lies and promises.  He came to my room one day and spent 15 minutes telling me he was in the top 3 in the world for LL.  I was very uncomfortable listening to this guy.  Illusions of grandeur?

If you think you are getting a deal from this guy, you might get what you pay for or less.  I found him to be one of the most despicable persons in the medical business in my lifetime.  I work in hospitalsin the U.S. and consult with physicians.  (I have a doctorate if interested).  In the U.S. we might call him a used car salesman.    I do not recommend him.  If you go to him, on you.

p.s. his so called physical therapists are a real waste of money.  I went to PT here in the U.S.

One more thing, I expect to be attacked for my comments.  He does not like criticism.  The long story of Spanish man who had the surgery a year or two ago and wrote extensively of his experience is greatly (by Monegal?) exaggerated or untrue.  After surgery "you don't take a pain med, ie, Acetaminophen an go to sleep".  All LL includes sever pain that is addressed by narcotic pain medications, not Acetam 1000mg or the questionable Nolotil whatever that is.

Abbot

« Reply #126 on: June 18, 2023, 02:52:48 AM »

I understand you dont want to get in details, but its difficult to trust you if you dont say more specific factsj, i dont say you are fake.
But i think you should give us details.

Believe what you want friend.  Notartroll has no motivation to lie.  She does not need to discuss personal details.  I would not show my xrays.   Don't believe her if you prefer.  I do understand your skepticism but this is not a court of law.  You get what you get.

Abbot

« Reply #127 on: June 18, 2023, 02:56:32 AM »

What would you like to know? I posted the facts above
Monegal isn't Hitler but he isn't a good doctor. In my opinion nobody should do elective surgery with such a 'surgeon' but it's my opinion. Mars said the fake PT isn't there anymore. You don't have to worry about him.

Interesting Bushguy come out and defends Monegal.  Does Bushguy have personal experience or just trying to help repair the image of Monegal?

Abbot

« Reply #128 on: June 18, 2023, 03:04:13 AM »

LOOOOOL

Sounds like a fair guess, he definitely is bias!

Abbot

« Reply #129 on: June 18, 2023, 03:05:56 AM »

I dont know personally  monegal, i cant say he is good or bad, but i have read some diaries from him with good succes,and others like Cooper. Its clear that something happen, but people who defend and attack this doctor like this was a yihad  doesnt help future patients, facts is the only thing we can trust, so before attack someone or defend someone bring some evidences of what you say,

I think you make a fair point.  I went to Guichet a couple of times.  Quite arrogant and condescending.  They love to do surgery and the money.

Abbot

« Reply #130 on: June 18, 2023, 03:11:58 AM »

Thats the point hamilton, this guy says he has a good recover, but he is only talking bad things about monegal, i mean, maybe monegal do something good man you get a good recovery, your opinion is very parcial and i think you are not Fair with him
I saw the xrays you send me,im not a doctor but its clear that is a disaster, however this is insane the way you are blaming him.

Very sanctimonious....physicians may care about their reputation if they are losing patients.  Obviously some docs do not care about their pts but care about their reputation.  That may sound like a conundrum but some don't have the skill set and try everything to cover their ass.

Abbot

« Reply #131 on: June 18, 2023, 03:24:08 AM »

Some people (Cinderella) are accusing me in private. They call me a fake. I'm not. I was in Barcelona and had the surgery. I will post some evidence soon. Does anybody know if it's legal (not moral) to post information and Xrays got from a whatsapp group? Everyone who wants to know more please write to me. I don't know how to prove I'm real.

Of course you are not a fake.  When one exposes a surgeon, that surgeon is not going to be happy thus Cinderella.

This will not please some but I think my surgery went well.  He may have learned from his mistakes but after surgery you are on your own.  I could have died from his lack of after care.  Please way all the facts before you think he will do you well.  I really would try elsewhere.

Abbot

« Reply #132 on: July 15, 2023, 02:44:58 AM »

please remove.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 05:30:16 AM by Abbot »

Abbot

« Reply #133 on: July 15, 2023, 02:46:13 AM »

[/quote]

Abbot

« Reply #134 on: July 15, 2023, 02:47:27 AM »

I do understand your skepticism but this is not a court of law.  You get what you get.
[/quote]

Abbot

« Reply #135 on: July 15, 2023, 02:48:48 AM »

xx

Abbot

« Reply #136 on: July 15, 2023, 02:50:03 AM »

remove please
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 05:29:39 AM by Abbot »

Abbot

« Reply #137 on: July 15, 2023, 05:28:22 AM »

***Moderator please remove this post.  I am very unhappy with it or remove all my posts.***There is no obvious way to remove and I think we should have the right to change our minds.  Thank you.***

Abbot

« Reply #138 on: July 15, 2023, 05:32:31 AM »

****please remove this post.  It was written under duress.  thank you.

Abbot

« Reply #139 on: July 15, 2023, 06:11:25 PM »

[qPlease remove this inappropriate post---my post.  Thank you.
.  I am in the medical biz so feel somewhat able to describe this physician.  He is capable but you must be prepared to take care of yourself in my estimation.  Yes.  If you read the rest of the comments here you will understand.   I am not sure why but I like him I just know I have to be responsible for everything.  After that good freekin luck. because it is not an easy journey.   He promised me narcotic pain medication before I came over as APAP 1000mg and Nolotil [/b]only available in Spain and Portugal for broken femurs!  Both of these meds are ineffective for this type of pain so get a bunch of narcotic before you go.  It got so bad a day out of the hospital I had to go to the local ER for pain control.  I was in a wheel chair and getting to the hospital was an incredible journey.  I don't understand his reluctance to give real pain meds  I hopped a plane home so I could get pain relief.  Before I came over he told me in an email (which I have) he would give me narcotic pain meds.  He never did and could only get some back home which I had to take for around 9 months. 

If you think you are getting a deal from this guy, you might say he is affordable.    let me say again be prepared to have a helper..  I found him to be capable of doing surgery but you are on your own essentially afterwards .  I think with practice he has become very skilled.  As I remind know what food, ie, protein, supplements and vitamins to take.  Try to get PT in your home country.
p.s. his so called physical therapists are questionable.  I went to PT here in the U.S.

I cannot speak to the past.  I think it is fair to talk about what he can do today.  It is a risky business but my results were perfect results.  He is a good surgeon but be prepared for your after care.

[/quote]

saltedchocolate

« Reply #140 on: July 16, 2023, 01:23:26 AM »

have u recovered
7 cm gained on tibias via LON .  Had complications, Healed and moved on with life.

Abbot

« Reply #141 on: July 16, 2023, 04:57:52 PM »

Good question.  100% recovery.  I have not tried a 50 yard dash but I can run and do everything I did before surgery.  I think he is quite capable.  Practice makes perfect(?) they say.

saltedchocolate

« Reply #142 on: July 16, 2023, 10:10:09 PM »

how long after lengthening did it take?
7 cm gained on tibias via LON .  Had complications, Healed and moved on with life.

Omar

« Reply #143 on: July 16, 2023, 10:27:08 PM »

How are you saltedchocolate?

Abbot

« Reply #144 on: July 22, 2023, 01:37:27 AM »

how long after lengthening did it take?

Took about 1.5yrs to recover.  The pain is bad.  Malpractice not to give pain medications that work.  He came saw me in pain one night. He did nothing.  He would not order pain meds for me so do factor that into your choice.  He just looked at me when I said I need pain meds and said, "oxycodone"?  I did not care what narcotic pain med since they all work about the same, depends some on the person.  Really, doing this surgery and no pain meds (acetaminophen, Nolotil, and NSAIDS) do not work.   No surgeon I know of will not give narcotic pain meds after LL.  I am quite surprised no one talks about the real pain.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up