Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Experiences with Dr. Peter Thaler (Berlin, GER) ?  (Read 3239 times)

RealLostSoul

Re: Experiences with Dr. Peter Thaler (Berlin, GER) ?
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2021, 07:35:07 PM »

Two things, first, did you actually go through with it? I don‘t know the surgeon maybe he is great but I wouldn‘t feel safe going with an unknown surgeon especially for quadrilateral but who knows take this with a grain of salt.
Second, @ghkid, Paley actually told me his option 3 is very popular (quadri) and he didn‘t try to talk me out of it or anything he thinks it‘s quite safe. However, I actually rather want to do femurs first now after talking to other doctors and reading diaries. I think it‘s too hard to do for me especially with precice2.

Siegfried

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2021, 08:32:44 AM »

nope i decided to go with köhne and then stryde got recalled. Probably going for surgery in september. One Leg for febur and tibia simultaneously, since its precice 2. Probably will be able to do the second leg with stryde 6 months later.
Unilateral Quadrilateral Lengthening 2021/22 w/ Koehne
Pre-Surgery: 1.67 m
Post-Surgery: 1.76 m
My Story: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68285.msg221238#msg221238

Want-3-inches

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2021, 12:06:35 PM »

nope i decided to go with köhne and then stryde got recalled. Probably going for surgery in september. One Leg for febur and tibia simultaneously, since its precice 2. Probably will be able to do the second leg with stryde 6 months later.

You will create a 10cm discrepancy from both segments and then hope it fix it later? That's crazy dude. What if for some reason you can't lengthen the other side.

Siegfried

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2021, 08:28:20 PM »

You will create a 10cm discrepancy from both segments and then hope it fix it later? That's crazy dude. What if for some reason you can't lengthen the other side.

What would be potential reasons for that to happen?
My Story: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68285.msg221238#msg221238

Want-3-inches

« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2021, 08:33:04 PM »

What would be potential reasons for that to happen?

nerve pain, infection, preconsolidation, non-union

Ahd1978

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2021, 08:43:03 PM »

I had same sentiments was adamant I wanna do both

Paley convinced me out of it

Now with just femurs alone I have narrowly escaped death from fat embolism a dvt scare from dimmer levels an intense GERD acid reflux jn lungs from all pain killers.

On top of that my heart muscles have been pushed so hard to adjust to new 7 cm it’s now enlarging my aorta

And I was a proper athlete I learnt tennis in 6 months and excelled to play almost with professionals.

It’s not about our achievements and just mind set.

It’s your organs too. None of docs focus on hypertrophy of heart

But remember body will adjust to new organs. But if u push it too much not only will they collapse but complications will worsen.

I am already mentally broken 3.5 months in with STRYDE and can’t wait to end distraction and call it a day.

This surgery is no joke.

If I speak constantly on call for 30 min I run out of breath.

And I thought this would never happen to me.

So respect your body and your life

RealLostSoul

« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2021, 09:48:20 PM »

I had same sentiments was adamant I wanna do both

Paley convinced me out of it

Now with just femurs alone I have narrowly escaped death from fat embolism a dvt scare from dimmer levels an intense GERD acid reflux jn lungs from all pain killers.

On top of that my heart muscles have been pushed so hard to adjust to new 7 cm it’s now enlarging my aorta

And I was a proper athlete I learnt tennis in 6 months and excelled to play almost with professionals.

It’s not about our achievements and just mind set.

It’s your organs too. None of docs focus on hypertrophy of heart

But remember body will adjust to new organs. But if u push it too much not only will they collapse but complications will worsen.

I am already mentally broken 3.5 months in with STRYDE and can’t wait to end distraction and call it a day.

This surgery is no joke.

If I speak constantly on call for 30 min I run out of breath.

And I thought this would never happen to me.

So respect your body and your life

You are really the first one to ever experience heart problems due to LL. What does Paley say about this I mean he is a very great doctor he must give you an explanation and maybe a solution..

Siegfried

« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2021, 09:56:36 PM »

nerve pain, infection, preconsolidation, non-union

If anything goes wrong, worst case would be having to rebreak the bone a few months later and continue the lengthening. Mal union is very unlikely in my case. 26 year old athlete here.

Obviously I would have preferred stryde! I was scheduled for February and 1 week before my surgery stryde was recalled. I can’t put my life on hold any longer and need to get this done asap .

Before stryde came out in 2019, Köhne did all cases one leg at a time with precise 2, so that patients are mobile with crutches from the first day on. Since I would need 2 surgery’s for tibia + femur anyway, it does not really make a difference for me.

Want-3-inches

« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2021, 05:18:37 AM »

If anything goes wrong, worst case would be having to rebreak the bone a few months later and continue the lengthening. Mal union is very unlikely in my case. 26 year old athlete here.

Obviously I would have preferred stryde! I was scheduled for February and 1 week before my surgery stryde was recalled. I can’t put my life on hold any longer and need to get this done asap .

Before stryde came out in 2019, Köhne did all cases one leg at a time with precise 2, so that patients are mobile with crutches from the first day on. Since I would need 2 surgery’s for tibia + femur anyway, it does not really make a difference for me.

How much time gap did Köhne recommend between the 2 sides for say, 8cm?

curlyfella

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2021, 10:27:36 AM »

This dude doesn't answer emails and is impossible to get in touch with
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up