Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Has anyone of average or above average height gone through limb lengthening?  (Read 634 times)

maxingout

• Visitor

Hi everyone,

I've just discovered limb lengthening and my mind is blown. I had no idea you could undergo cosmetic surgery to get taller.

I've done a bit of forum searching and can see that it is not the easiest surgery to go through however, and that it's mostly shorter than average people who are going through with it.

Firstly I want to say, that I wish everyone who want's to get this surgery done the best of luck! I hope we all can achieve our goals and with no complications! Regardless of how tall we currently stand.

As for myself, I am already a bit above average height. I'm 178cm tall, a touch above 5'10, in a country where the average male height is around 5'9.5" (a western country).

I'm quite happy at this height. I've never had any negative experiences with my height in my professional or personal life.

Everyone shooting for it, I  can vouch that average or just above average is a nice place to be.

What I am wondering however is if anyone at or just above average height has gone "under the knife" to go from average to legitimately tall? 6'0 or over?

Life is great at average height or just above. You don't stick out, there are no negatives attached to your height and you fit in.

But I think that maybe I should think about getting this done, to get over the coveted "6 foot" mark?
Height: 179cm - Just over 5'10"
Wingspan: 180cm - 5'11"

Goals: Undecided

ghkid2019

• Inactive account

TheAlchemist has a diary here. He went from 5' 9 to 6' 0. Changed his life completely.
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

Skyisthelimit

Haven’t gone through it yet, but it’s definitely in my plans. I am currently 1.78cm (5’10) and am planning on doing 8cm femurs. I’m from a country where the average for men is 172cm (around 5’8). Personally, this number doesn’t seem right since most of the people I see are around my height and many are even taller. I would put the average of my circle of close friends at 1.84cm (6’0.5). The reason why I’m doing this is to go from average, to actually be considered tall. In this society, it’s a fact that tall people get more respect and attention from people (bosses, coworkers, friends, employees, etc), because it is seen as a sign of authority, power, leadership, etc. In most cases, not all of them, the tallest in your group of friends will be seen as the “leader” of the group. This also has to do with the personality trait. Tall people are usually treated better, and because of this they tend to have a more outgoing, social personality that people see in leaders.

If you are happy and content with your current height, then I don’t think you should go through unnecessary pain and trouble that this surgery comes with. Many people in this forum would dream to end up with your height. You’ll have to go through extensive rehabilitation to get back to your current self, just to get over the 6’0 mark. With lifts you could achieve your goal without having to go through this.

Personally for me, average is not a nice place to be. Like ghkid said, this surgery changed TheAlchemist’s(average height) life completely. I’m shooting for the same!

Hopefully, this post will help you decide if this procedure is worth it or not. Have a good one!

precice strider

I wouldn't want to. Being known as "the short guy" isn't fun, but to me it would be worse to be known as "the tall guy" knowing my defining feature is artificial. I wonder if I would have regrets.

For this reason, I would probably only lengthen to 5'8-5'10. I would be satisfied then.
Height dysphoria since 2008. (age 5)
Hoping to undergo STRYDE 8cm femurs when I can afford it.
164 cm with a wingspan of 166cm
Goal: 5'7.5 (172+) or taller, but hopefully 5'8 (173)
https://www.instagram.com/precice_strider/
Pages: [1]   Go Up