Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Want this surgery  (Read 1051 times)

bobdlln254

• Visitor
Want this surgery
« on: June 22, 2020, 01:17:16 AM »

23 years old, barely 5'5. 5'4.5 wingspan. Want this surgery but sometimes get really hesitant like do I really need it or am I really that short?  The answer always comes back to yes I am but it goes round and round in a loop in my head.  I don't want this loop in my head anymore and I feel that as well as the three inches it will give me is good enough to go through with it.  I feel like I just need to go ahead and do it.  When I was about 15-16 I stopped growing and it destroyed my life.  Everyone started treating me differently.  I see posts on here with some people saying it is the best decision they have ever made.  Probably will wait until 25-26 to get it though.  Just want to hear some thoughts on it.

drxboom

Re: Want this surgery
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 01:23:30 AM »

It will surely add something positive to your life. But how much makes you happy, is it worth taking risks, you can only decide for yourself
170cm goal 177 -178

bobdlln254

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 01:28:50 AM »

Ive thought on and off about this surgery for seven years.  I just don't feel comfortable being social at this height.  Its a weird thing.  I don't like traveling and going to social event at this height.  When I was taller compared to everyone else it seemed like life was different.  3 inches i think would change my life so much for the better.  I wish i could have it for a day to just see how i liked it.  My athletic school days are behind me. I am an adult and only really care about building muscle on my body and staying fit now.  I just think it would change my life so much for the better.

bobdlln254

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 01:32:28 AM »

did anyone on here have it and was like yes this was absolutely the thing missing in my life?  Even about 80% of that mindset would be good enough for me to go through with it

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2020, 04:47:55 PM »

So many anecdotes of successful people, career wise, financially, socially, who enjoy life but simply have this nagging neurosis in the back of their mind that fks with them, and they then do this surgery for themselves, not to appease others, and their life after the surgery starts full steam and they rarely even come back here anymore because they enjoy life that much. Nearly everyone doesn't regret it at all if they didn't have complications and their ONLY regret is not doing it earlier.

This is a surgery for yourself. To shoot that nagging mental neurosis that makes you feel conscious in public for no reason but your height. Do it for yourself.
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

Futureller

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2020, 07:55:00 PM »

I kinda disagree with people who say "do it for yourself".  Now yes it is possible to be short/successful and have an enjoyable life.  Doing this surgery will never be solely for oneself imo.  Neurosis stems from our environment, like feeling small going through a big door or feeling small around a crowd of taller people.  No matter what we say we are doing this surgery for others one way or another.  Our environment that our akward short stature which makes us uncomfortable stems from other taller people and our surrounding physical space.  Nonetheless you WILL get more respect and get treated after LL because people subconciously respect taller people, just facts of life whether you agree with it or not. 

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2020, 11:22:59 PM »

I meant do it for yourself to get rid of the neurosis. Which applies to every situation you mentioned. I agree with everything you mentioned

Not doing it for yourself would be like getting to a 6ft threshold so superficial women would date you.   like that. Yes height matters for dating. But it's not doing it for yourself, it's doing it to make other people like you more

I don't give a fk about other's approval of me, I am just neurotic around people because I feel like such a non normal man in a crowd of average height people. I don't care about their satisfaction, but I myself feel off.
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

bobdlln254

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2020, 12:21:56 PM »

Im kind of worried about the social stigma of it.  Like i don't think i would ever tell anyone I had it except my wife one day and my parents and brother.  No one needs to know but i don't like the feeling that if anyone ever found it, they would think I'm really weird.

Tartar

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2020, 12:53:03 PM »

Im kind of worried about the social stigma of it.  Like i don't think i would ever tell anyone I had it except my wife one day and my parents and brother.  No one needs to know but i don't like the feeling that if anyone ever found it, they would think I'm really weird.
Don't limitate your own choices cause of the people. Don't make this mistake, go on and achieve your goals. First of all this surgery will make you more self confident, that's one of the most important thing in the social life. You'll be more beautiful, it sounds weird simply because it's an extremely rare surgery. You can avoid to talk about it, but don't feel embarassed.

Futureller

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2020, 02:16:28 PM »

Yea don't not do it because of what others may think.  If you wanna do it then do it and do your best to hide it.  The worst thing someone can do in their lives is care what other people think.  My mother knows, she supports it, thinks im crazy because in truth it is crazy, but supports anything that will make me happy.  Told my brother and says its not necessary but then again he's 5'11" so what would he know about being short? My brother didnt seem to be opposed to it, because even though he's not short i dont think it takes a short person to understand short people get the shet end of the stick in society, some places more so than others depending where you live. 

EgoSolus21

• Visitor
  • Happiness is three inches away
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2020, 11:57:08 PM »

You're not stashing a dead body in your basement. You're going for a medical procedure to change something about yourself that you don't like.

If you feel awkward that someone will find out you were once insecure about a physical feature, don't. It's your body and you have to live with it. People come and go and when it relates to personal health and self-esteem, the only opinion that should matter is yours.

Current Height: 5'8.5-5'9
Goal: 5'11 / 6ft

bobdlln254

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2020, 12:37:19 AM »

Im not in the best shape right now, I wouldn't say fat but also not in shape.  I wonder if I put on a ton of muscle and get really shredded if peoples perception of me will change and I won't need to get surgery.

Futureller

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2020, 01:33:10 AM »

That's what I thought.  Last year a went from really scrawny to being muscle bound and cut up like a Greek god.  Yea I looked better as opposed to being skinny anf scrawny, and yea girls appreciate muscle as a bonus.  But I was still short, without height you're missing a key physical element to attraction.  An attractive picky girl will take a 6' normal shaped guy over a 5'8" guy built like a Greek god all day, with all other factors being the same. 

I would definitely say in my own experience, that me being muscle bound/jacked wouldn't gain me the same positive attraction as me being 3 inches taller.  IMO when it comes to physical traits, face and height come foremost, anything else is a bonus, but not exactly necessary.

bobdlln254

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2020, 11:32:10 PM »

did anyone on here go through with the surgery?

precice strider

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2020, 01:25:03 AM »

did anyone on here go through with the surgery?

Lots of people here have. Here, you will find a combination of people who got surgery and people who want to get surgery. I happen to be in the latter.

I would suggest looking at diaries from the experiences section if you want to know more about people who have gotten it.
Height dysphoria since 2008. (age 5)
Hoping to undergo STRYDE 8cm femurs when I can afford it.
164 cm with a wingspan of 166cm
Goal: 5'7.5 (172+) or taller, but hopefully 5'8 (173)
https://www.instagram.com/precice_strider/

RB

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2020, 02:06:49 AM »

Hey mate,

We are similar heights and I can definitely relate to how you feel in social situations and the consequent ridicule from others etc. It is something we as short men have had to deal with our whole lives regardless of whether we have other good features or talents/skills.

I have also gone back and forth between wanting to do the surgery due to a number of factors (risk, people finding out, loss of athleticism and not being able to compete in competitive sports at the same high level etc) but I ultimately came to the conclusion that at the stage of my life at 26 years old, height is more important and how i feel about myself is more important for my long term happiness as I have everything going for me in other areas. I even recently told my GF of my plans to do the surgery next year in Greece and she will support me and wants me to be happy.

I would suggest to make sure you have other areas of your life maxed out or at least going upwards before doing the surgery. That way it will compliment your life and free you of your neurosis. There's too many people on this forum who clearly have other major issues (not height) who think this surgery will be the answer to all their problems. If you view it as a way to add to your happiness and complete the 1 missing piece that you feel is holding you back, choose a good surgeon and go for it!
Femurs with Dr. Betz - March 2021
5'4" > 5'7.5"
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66296.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up