Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seriously thinking this through  (Read 4114 times)

5cm Stryde

Re: Seriously thinking this through
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2020, 12:45:27 AM »

When I have the time I'll look some sources and put here but I remember quite well comparing the statistics before I did my first LL and it's not even closer. You have tons of death cases with Liposuction, Bariatric surgery and others. Not so much with LL.

Keep in mind that a cosmetic LL is exactly the same as a non-cosmetic LL and those are performed all the time. And the principles of LL are well understood and practiced since the 1950s.

Most complications of LL occur after the surgery.

Hi BetzandLiberator,

Thank you for the reply and I will wait for your sources.
Just a last comment on my part is the fact that for the death or major complication part, I don't use source from Ilizarov procedure but only for femoral nailing (which is by far more convenient but also more risky regarding major complication).
Otherwise, the fact that a surgery is made all the time doesn't proof it is safe : Knee replacement is one of the most made surgery in the US and really well understand but still the death rate is about 1/400 (Liposition death rate is about 1/5000 so knee replacement is 10 times more risky regarding death).

And on top of that, you are right, most complications of LL occur after the surgery.

Edit : I just made a quick check and you are right Bariatric surgery seems by far more risky

readyprecisestryde

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2020, 04:33:58 AM »

Hello,  About 1% of Dr. Paley's patients experience complications. I met him for consultation and felt very comfortable during the consult. He told me not to worry about complication and he has solution if it does happen. I am moving forward with him and I am definitely scared of complications. My biggest reason of choosing Dr. Paley is his track record.

Complication rate will go up choosing an  unexperienced surgeons or doing too much lengthening.

On page 10 of this link is a source to Dr. Paley's complication statistic.

https://sa1s3.patientpop.com/assets/docs/126372.pdf

readyprecisestryde

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2020, 05:02:23 AM »

Dr. Paley had total five fat embolism and he treated all with oxygen masks. No deaths, none of the 5 patients went to intensive care unit or any serious sequella of this fat embolism complication. Please look at page 20 of the same link.

awatim

• Visitor
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2020, 06:25:00 AM »

did you manage to get rid of knee pain?

Kogi314

• Visitor
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2020, 07:33:30 AM »

Where did you get the information of its the most dangerous cosmetic surgery?

Montreal172

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2020, 12:41:38 PM »

Just some misinformation you’re spreading my dude
« Brazilian butt lifts are the deadliest of all aesthetic procedures»

If you were a grandpa before surgery you’ll still be a grandpa later.

There are risk but to mitigate them you need to focus in your healing, you complained earlier
5/6 months is too long for you, that the price is too high for stryde.
Seems you should be focusing on saving $ if you’re that serious.

Cheers.

Bigdawg

« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2020, 09:51:27 PM »

169 to 173 cm aint   you possess a grest height to do LL , imagine going from 169 to 176 and mogging everyone back home? 7cm isnt dangerous from what i remember

Bigdawg

« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2020, 10:03:37 PM »

Spending that much money on 4 cm is stupid i would do 7-8 cm if i was that short and aloha mog everybody back home

tacoma94

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2020, 02:27:45 PM »

I truly appreciate this. Thank you everyone.

I'm deciding to test it out in my country first. Lately, I've been thinking hard about my work and working on very exciting personal projects. The desire is fading.

That said, I might seriously consider a 3-3.5cm pure externals in the future. That needs about 6 months conservatively for consolidation (I will be slightly below 30, male, and I don't smoke, sleep well, exercise hard, perfect health). I will overpay for a good doctor, probably Donghoon. I think the procedure has higher risk for some complications I am very willing to accept (numbness, scarring, slower recovery in muscle), but lower risk for complications I find unacceptable (PE/DVT), etc. I want to do it because life is long and height pays benefits over the long term. Even at 0.5mm/day, lengthening will take 2 months with my conservative amounts. I think that I can work remotely after 2 months, since I work in tech. The true downtime then is really 2-3 months. Supposing the risk of death/disability is truly very low, and anaesthesia does not present cognitive side effects, and I vet Dr Lee by speaking to multiple ex patients, this is a viable plan in the future. Why only 3cm? Is it worth it? 3cm + lifts is 5cm. That's two inches. Yeah that's enough. And I have already been gifted a decent starting height, I would not want to fk with god and chance. This is NOT the place to be taking potentially life-destroying risk, at least because for me my height has not destroyed my life.

Tartar

« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2020, 04:07:29 PM »

I don't want to be impolite but I'm sure you will never do a surgery for 3-3,5cm. I can ensure you. If you ever get operated it will be for more than 5cm for sure. You have to make order in your mind and take this operation more seriously, you are not playing tetris.

MirinHeight

« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2020, 02:50:28 AM »

I don't want to be impolite but I'm sure you will never do a surgery for 3-3,5cm. I can ensure you. If you ever get operated it will be for more than 5cm for sure. You have to make order in your mind and take this operation more seriously, you are not playing tetris.

not everybody has same goals and 3 cm can be a lot when you consider standard deviation and statistics rather than the actual number. Me going from 179 to 182 is equivalent to going from 63-66 percentile to 76-80 percentile.
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up