Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm about 170cm (5' 7") and wish to lengthen up to (5' 9.5-5' 10"), need help  (Read 990 times)

SartBimpson

I read a lot about complications that come from lengthening more than 5cm (2inches) so I figured, would it be smarter to lengthen 1.5inches on each segment without two surgeries? I heard about sequential lengthening but I'm not sure if it is done simultaneously or done through two surgeries.

Also, at that rate of lengthening 1.5inches on each segment for a total of 3, I shouldn't expect much of a loss in mobility or anything of that sort, correct?

I really wanna get into modeling but my height has been turning so many agencies away. At 5' 10", I can fraud up to two inches as each model does and claim 6 foot. This would be ideal.

Even 5' 9.5" would be good enough for me, and I'm assuming I would also be proportional within this range.

Can anyone answer my concerns please? I would really appreciate it.

Bane

Are you a woman, because you talk about modeling. It would be a bad idea to do LL surgery for less than 5cm, because one is so expensive and physically draining itself. Probably the femurs for 6.5cm (a bit more than 2.5 inch) is good enough. But I’ll let more experienced veterans give their wisdom.

Bane

Keep in mind with tibia lengthening is that it takes longer to lengthen (0.75mm/day vs 1.0mm/day for femurs), and the scars are more visible (because you’re going into modeling) than femurs.

SartBimpson

Are you a woman, because you talk about modeling. It would be a bad idea to do LL surgery for less than 5cm, because one is so expensive and physically draining itself. Probably the femurs for 6.5cm (a bit more than 2.5 inch) is good enough. But I’ll let more experienced veterans give their wisdom.

No, I'm a man. I don't intend on doing underwear modeling or anything like that lol, just runway. They need you at a 5' 11" minimum as a male which is why 5' 10" is perfect as most models fraud their height for up to two inches.

About 2.5in on femurs, I heard there was someone here who got his LL done in 2008 in China and did 7.5cm which is ~3in and he seems to be suffering from knee pain now in his 30s. I figured 3in is too much, but then again I think he did this on his tibias.

I'd be proportionate because I think I have a long wingspan.

exceeding2meters

5cm is generally considered safe on either segment, and for you it will probably be even more since you are already significantly taller than the average person who does CLL (on whom this recommendation is based)

If you only want 2 inches, best is to do it on one segment, just choose the segment that will you keep you more proportional. I think Donghoon said that everyone who did only 5cm on tibia recovered 100%

I think it is much worse to do 2 surgeries
I tell you now, I am the one to survive
No one can stop my faith or my STRYDE!!

SkyHigh77

• Visitor

so your reference is from 2008 from china? The oddest thing on the forums is we read someone's experience and assume that would be ours for better or worse. That person didn't have stryde/instead the had LAN technology which I am assuming you're going to get styrde? That plays a significant role in success.  Also what was their PT like during LL and what did they do after a distraction? How diligent were they when stretching and rehabbing? Also what's the success rate of their doctor?

There are too many factors based on your 'surgery/experience'.
5cm is considered safe, yes but there are also people who gotten 5cm or less and had issues. It really depends on the doctor you choose but more importantly your PT during and AFTER distraction. (everyone seemed to slack or abandoned after lengthening) which caused further issues down the line.
Also pacing during 5cm-to 8cm. Most slowed down once issues came and then went back up. If you slow down at 5cm/6cm and go as slow as you can that would prevent a lot of issues and allow the nerves/soft tissues to catch up. Most people dont want to do this because it takes too long and they went to get it over and done with understandably.
If you want 8cm go for 8cm but also know that no one on this forum can tell or advise you on this. You have to figure that out when LL(in terms if proportion)
Pages: [1]   Go Up