Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question: Tibia(Lon) with Dr. Lee/ Femur(Stryde) with Pahair or Dr. Giotikas  (Read 1215 times)

tallerforever

• Visitor

Hi, I am new here, a 25 years old male, I want to lengthen my Femur and Tibia. Is there anyone could give me some advice.  I come from Asia, I have limited budget and can not afford the docs in US.  Dr. lee in Korea seems a good doc, but he do not use Stryde yet, and the price is not cheap at all, the package price of Femur with Precice including PT, accomodation for 4 months, is almost 80K, and if he use Stryde, this price would be higher. So I am considering lengthen my tibia through Lon with him, is it a good choice? I heard that using Lon in Tibia is acceptable and safe. 

And about my Fenur, using stryde is a good choice, from this forum, these two docs seem good, Dr. Pahair and Dr. Giotikas. After reading the diaries from penguin and Kilo, I think Dr. Pahair is a cautious and confident docs, but there are two things I am concerned, first, the health condition in India is terrible, and the second one, he seldom do the cosmetic LL for patients, maybe four cases of using Precice? and 0 case of using Stryde. On the contrary, Dr. Giotikas have many cases a year, and Athen is a beautiful place which definitely much better than Mumbai, I found the price of Dr. Giotikas is similar to Dr.P or a little bit cheaper. But some members in this forum said he is too young in LL field, and we still do not know the long effect of his surgeries. Plus, he have caused some complications and these do not being solved very well. I need to hear your voice, just free talk! thanks. ;)

Now:165
Target:175+
Femur: Stryde
Tibia: Stryde/Lon
With Dr. donghong or Dr. Pahair

limewalk

If you are not Indian or have no family members in India then India can be a difficult place to navigate through while disabled. Although with money you will be taken care of well (live in a posh hotel, buy good quality food, rent expensive taxis, etc), there will always be un-imagined situations to deal with. Health care for wealthy people in India is not bad at all. For specialized surgeries, India is a much better place than Australia or Norway or some such sparsely populated developed country provided you have the money. It's a country of over 1 billion people. Most people are extremely poor but there are filthy rich people as well.

I have not heard anything bad about Dr. Lee. So maybe he's a better option. He doesn't do Stryde yet but maybe by this year end he will and you can save up money in the mean time. The best part about Dr. Lee is that you stay in their hospital for full duration of lengthening.

One other thing to look out for is visa issues. To India you can quite easily get a tourist visa for 6 months (I think). For South Korea for most country citizens they let us stay for 90 days without a visa (you need to check this for your country). Dr. Lee will help you extend your stay if you need to. But if you are not from one of these countries and require a visa, then you will need to go on a tourist visa (of short duration), get surgery and then apply for an extension which can be risky (what if it gets denied?). Again I don't know which country you are from but for Australians it's easy enough to stay for 90 days. The same problem applies to Europe and USA.

I don't know much about Dr. Giotikas.

Femur stryde is a better option than LON tibias for well known reasons.

Lots of difficult decisions to make. Good luck ;)

Arcon

Hi, I am new here as well. planning for femurs and tibias.  I am thinking Athens. Good standards, many cases, many good reported outcomes in this forum, hasn't caused complications- has treated other doctor's complications.

tallerforever

• Visitor

Hi, Thanks for your reply. Indeed, the situation in India is a mass, not like Korean where I could go alone with no worry. But technically, do you think to do surgery with Dr. Pahair is a good idea? Maybe I can just travel to India with low profile and choose to live in a good hotel and stay until I recovery,  It seems that with the Stryde, patient could approach normal in few months after surgery. Yes, Femur is definitely better for LL, but about tibia, do you think Lon would be much riskier than Stryde or Precice? if it is, I might have to ask Dr. Pahair twice lol :-\. But anyway, I will try to save enough money as far as I can, hopefully, I can affor for Dr. Lee.

tallerforever

• Visitor

Hi, thanks. I think he is not a bad idea, I won't do the surgery right now, so I could pay attention to this doc, hope he could become more professional, only if he can maintain the same price ;D

Marie_Bard

Hi everybody.

I contacted Dr Giotikas and he informed me that he will in Athens,Greece for the next 3 months, which is cool because I was afraid to travel to the U.K due to the Covid-19 situation. Dont make fun of me, I was afraid to travel to the UK due to the hight number of Covid-19 cases per day. On the other hand Greece has low daily cases of Covid 19 which is a plus factor for me. To cut a long story short, I will be visiting Athens in July :)

Cpl2012

Hi everybody.

I contacted Dr Giotikas and he informed me that he will in Athens,Greece for the next 3 months, which is cool because I was afraid to travel to the U.K due to the Covid-19 situation. Dont make fun of me, I was afraid to travel to the UK due to the hight number of Covid-19 cases per day. On the other hand Greece has low daily cases of Covid 19 which is a plus factor for me. To cut a long story short, I will be visiting Athens in July :)
Hi Are you gonna get it done in July? Or you just gonna go there for consultation?

apples

• Visitor

@Marie_Bard, do you mean Dr. G won't be in Athens after 3 months? Will he be going to the U.K.?

shep

• Visitor

I'm also considering LON tibias with Dr Lee due to the high cost of precice and potentially stryde. But in view of recovery and scarring they are still potential options. I'm asian as well so I would prefer to go Asia for LL. I'm not really comfortable going to other countries for LL since I would be very unfamiliar with the environment. Also, I haven't heard any bad cases with Dr Lee as well especially on their own korean forum, and the number of cases Dr Lee deals with is very high, over 1000, so I would be most assured to have LL from him.

Also, when are you considering going for it? I've heard that stryde for Dr Lee may be coming out by the later half of this year, since he is actively pushing for approval for use of stryde. Also, he recently started an english YT channel where he features patients that underwent lon tibia, and precice. You can check it out here.

Considering LL of 6cm in 2021

Marie_Bard

Hi Are you gonna get it done in July? Or you just gonna go there for consultation?
Just going there for consultation and holidays, surgery probably next June.

Marie_Bard

Marie_Bard

@Marie_Bard, do you mean Dr. G won't be in Athens after 3 months? Will he be going to the U.K.?
I believe quite the opposite, but better ask for yourself.  This is what they wrote in their email:

"We are not offering limb lengthening for cosmetic purposes in the UK during the Covid-19 pandemic for the following reasons:
•    Patient safety: UK is considered a high risk country for Covid-19 after the government's unsatisfactory response to the pandemic while Greece is one of the countries with the lowest incidence of Covid-19 cases worldwide.
•   Logistics: Continuing uncertainty about travel restrictions and flight cancellations makes the planning and coordination of two practice locations more difficult. 
•   Marketing:  Greece is one of the safest destinations worldwide to travel and stay these days and this fact gives added value to our practice in Athens compared to our competition in America, UK, rest of Europe and Asia."
Pages: [1]   Go Up