Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Preventing potential risks/complications!!!  (Read 535 times)

chicitita

Preventing potential risks/complications!!!
« on: November 23, 2021, 10:49:00 PM »

Is there any way we can prevent or minimize the chance of complications like; Deep Vein Thrombosis(DVT), Pulmonary Embolism (PE) months/weeks/days before? What shouldn't we eat, which supplements should we not be taking/which one should we be taking(!), what excercises can we de do? Which medical tests should we run (I know surgeons does take some, but is there any else we should focus on?)?

We should be talking more about potential complications and what to do to prevent them. Please share your thoughts and advices!

zaozari

Re: Preventing potential risks/complications!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2021, 11:33:38 PM »

Fat embolisms (either lungs, brain, etc.) main prevention is by choosing external methods (bone marrow is fatness in adults and removed to circulation by nail insertion). Furthermore, there is much more circulation disruption and blood loss with internal nails.
You also better avoid chronic knee pain, specially if doing tibias, by avoiding nail insertion.

You can prevent problems in Aquiles tendons by not lenghtening tibias more than 5 cm and/or doing that tendon stretching exercises frequently both before and after surgery.

Supplements must allways include vitamin D, magnesium, calcium and (very important  for healthy blood supply to the new bone) iron.
You should also eat a lot of proteins (meat, dairy products, eggs, and vegetables like beans, peas, soya, etc).

Regarding medicines, tell everything you take to the doctor abd never take anti inflamatories without him knowing.

limbcllnea

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2021, 11:34:59 PM »

I think the only way to decrease such odds is to take medicine and drugs.

zaozari

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2021, 11:39:25 PM »

Yes, you should also take anti coagulant medication and check thatvthe doctor cares to inform you about  risks and ways to diminuish them, including your own role in that.

chicitita

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2021, 11:42:42 PM »

Ive heard that about externals, but I am thinking to do femurs and I reading other femurs patients who has done externals on femurs says it was the worst experience(pain wise).

I am thinking to go to Paley as he is the safest out there.

Anything about diet prior surgery?

zaozari

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2021, 11:45:59 PM »

We don't know if he is the safest. We know he is the more expensive and one of the safest.

Are you sure you prefer femurs? I know it's the majority opinion. But that's only because it is easier to perform, doctors publicize it more, and consolidate and it lenghtens more cm. But when you are in skirt, in the beach or nked with your boyfriend,  if you do a lot of lenghtening in the femurs only, you will have stranger proportions, showing your knees too close to the ground.

Jake24

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2021, 06:26:55 AM »

femur looks weirder than tibia?

zaozari

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2021, 08:28:40 AM »

It is not apparently the majority opinion here but in my opinion (and most senior doctors) yes, for several reasons. For example many shorter people have disproportionate shorter tibias, because femurs are already longer, and therefore, as zI already wrote, among other issues, "push" knees towards the ground, which is very noticeable when one is in shorts, skirt, on the beach, nked with partners,  etc.

Alija2

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2021, 09:03:12 PM »

One BIG tip I can give all you who want to maximize survival is for the first week my surgeon was really worried about blood cots because of the amount of swelling I had (External Tibias). She sent me for an ultrasound and I told the lady how I was worried. She told me blood costs in the femur are the main thing to worry about as the chances of it travelling up are much higher.

chicitita

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2021, 11:36:12 PM »

Hi!

What is your advice?

LLprime3

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2021, 03:28:12 AM »

Doing LON Femurs does not mean the nail is inserted through the hip with a 100% guarantee.
At least Dr. Buldu inserts the nail 70% of the time through the knee as he said himself.

Some people also have curved femurs [from a side view x-ray], kinda curved like bow legs. Those people can not get the nail through the hip even if they wanted, regardless of the method.

Jake24

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2021, 04:19:23 PM »

I think the only way to decrease such odds is to take medicine and drugs.
Meaning take drugs and medicine after or before surgery? will the CLL doctors provide them?
Pages: [1]   Go Up