Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 174 cm, 85 cm sitting height.  (Read 747 times)

a

• 5'9
174 cm, 85 cm sitting height.
« on: July 10, 2020, 01:38:54 PM »

Hey folks,

I unfortunately have no idea about sitting height, do you think 85 cm is fine for someone who would like to be 185 cm?

Best Regards.
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

a

• 5'9
Re: 174 cm, 85 cm sitting height.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 01:48:22 PM »

I just measured again, and I think my actual sitting height is 90?

Damn, I seriously suck at measuring..

a

• 5'9
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2020, 03:17:16 PM »

Can someone please enlighten me?

deletedaccount

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2020, 07:04:48 PM »

Get a measuring tape, a long aerosol can (over 7 inches long) like a Pringles can, sit up straight on a flat surface, mark and measure the distance. Do tell I'm curious about the measurement since SH is something I am conscious about as well and could use a comparison. I'm 168 cm and mine is 86.5 cm.

a

• 5'9
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2020, 07:19:48 PM »

I guess it's 90.5 cm.

At least, I hope so.
I measured like 5-6 times.

But let's not forget the fact that I'm pretty skinny and my butt is not either fat at all nor mascular, so this measurement is not affected by any other external factors.
(when you are fat, you will stand taller while sitting because of your fat around your butt, when you are mascular; the same)

This is my peak sitting height.

deletedaccount

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2020, 08:26:34 PM »

That's decent, enough to shoot for 6ft but 6ft1 would be pushing it. I guess mine is pretty bad.

Tartar

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2020, 09:14:37 PM »

Proportions can be very different among populations.
In addition Sitting height is influenced, as you told, by the butt, in fact is very common to see fat girls who tower anybody else while sitting.
Generally for white people the normal ratio is between 0,5 and 0,54 or slightly less, but for example for many black people the most common ratio should be between 0,47 and 0,5. I've read that some aborigenal populations have a ratio even lower.
We are everybody different, go to the beach and you'll be able to see any kind of proportion if you pay attention.
In addition for the tallest people I've noticed that is very easy to be a bit disproportionate.

a

• 5'9
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2020, 10:02:23 PM »

Thanks for the answer,

Also yeah, I have a little brother, who ain't little at all, who appears to be 185cm; while we are sitting there is not too much difference but still I can tell you that he's noticeably taller than me while we both sit.

a

• 5'9
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2020, 10:05:22 PM »

Proportions can be very different among populations.
In addition Sitting height is influenced, as you told, by the butt, in fact is very common to see fat girls who tower anybody else while sitting.
Generally for white people the normal ratio is between 0,5 and 0,54 or slightly less, but for example for many black people the most common ratio should be between 0,47 and 0,5. I've read that some aborigenal populations have a ratio even lower.
We are everybody different, go to the beach and you'll be able to see any kind of proportion if you pay attention.
In addition for the tallest people I've noticed that is very easy to be a bit disproportionate.

Thanks for the answer,

I calculated everything and it goes like this, at least that's what I hope.

Sitting height: 90.5cm
Wingspan: Slightly above 180cm
Big hands
My foot are actually small,9.5 (US chart)

Do you think I could pull it off (6' to 6'1) overall, the answer is in your reply to be honest, I definetely could pull it off.
But still wanted to hear again.

Regards.

Tartar

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2020, 03:36:03 AM »

If i were you I just would like to gain 6-7cm. You have a good starting height and even reach 180cm would be so great for you. Anyway you could just do a single surgery and then evaluate if you're happy. Statistically over 90% of the people are satisfied with 1 segment only, you're just slightly under the average now.
90,5 is not a huge sitting height but it's ok, there are many things to consider for proportions...width of the shoulders, hands, waist, chest. Obviously torso lenght is the most important thing to consider but you should be in a fair ratio even for as a taller person. In this forum I've read about a 1,74-5cm (like you) black guy with a 195cm wingspam and 82cm sitting height, he posted a pic too, they were his natural proportions.
Another measurement you can take is inseam (true inseam). Is similar to Sitting height but overall more precise.

deletedaccount

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2020, 08:33:36 AM »

Yes you can but you don't need to do segments and 6'1 would be pushing it. I would shoot for 182 cm (almost 6ft) on femurs.

a

• 5'9
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2020, 08:59:31 AM »

If i were you I just would like to gain 6-7cm. You have a good starting height and even reach 180cm would be so great for you. Anyway you could just do a single surgery and then evaluate if you're happy. Statistically over 90% of the people are satisfied with 1 segment only, you're just slightly under the average now.
90,5 is not a huge sitting height but it's ok, there are many things to consider for proportions...width of the shoulders, hands, waist, chest. Obviously torso lenght is the most important thing to consider but you should be in a fair ratio even for as a taller person. In this forum I've read about a 1,74-5cm (like you) black guy with a 195cm wingspam and 82cm sitting height, he posted a pic too, they were his natural proportions.
Another measurement you can take is inseam (true inseam). Is similar to Sitting height but overall more precise.
Yes you can but you don't need to do segments and 6'1 would be pushing it. I would shoot for 182 cm (almost 6ft) on femurs.

Hey folks,

The reason why I want to have 2 surgeries is that I care about my leg proportions and I do think that my tibias are short, and I do think that longer tibias seem to be more aesthetic.

I tried to stand on my toes and looked at the mirror and my tibias really looked so short.
If only I could get 6cm femurs and 5 cm tibias.

Also another thing, according to my point of view, having +7-8 cm on a leg would make you feel weird while running or crouching. Because your upper leg will be so much taller than your lower leg which is physically weird and would limit your momentum.

a

• 5'9
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2020, 05:16:42 PM »

up
Pages: [1]   Go Up