Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR OPINION  (Read 756 times)

a

• 5'9
PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR OPINION
« on: July 11, 2020, 05:34:29 PM »

Hello everybody,

As I've posted before that I'm a 174cm male who would like to be 185+cm.
My wingspan is slightly above 180cm, and my sitting height is 90.5cm.

So, If i lengthened the femurs to 8cm more, i'd be 182 and my proportions would look good.

But there's a thing, I guess my tibias are short, so I also need to lengthen them.
But, for personal and reasonable reasons, I would NEVER go more than 5cm on tibias.
But If i got +5 cm on tibias, i'd be 179 and that height would not be satisfying at all.

So do you guys think that I'd look good if i got 7cm on femurs and 5cm on tibias?

edit: The actual problem is, If i lengthen my femurs, my tibias will look even shorter lmao. Also it'd be physically weird for my momentum.
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

Michael J. Assayag, MD

• Limb Lengthening Orthopedic Surgeon from ICLL
Re: PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR OPINION
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 10:10:41 PM »

The best way to answer this question is to obtain a standing long leg xrays and measure segments  and calculate proportions.

Your goal of 7+5 is realistic , with enough dedication and discipline.

Dr. Michael J. Assayag, MD. FRCSC
Limb Lengthening and Reconstruction Surgeon
International Center for Limb Lengthening of Baltimore
http://www.heightrx.com
https://www.limblength.org/conditions/short-stature/
massayag@lifebridgehealth.org
@bonelengthening on Instagram
Dr. Michael J Assayag MD FRCSC
Limb Lengthening and Reconstruction Surgeon
http://www.heightrx.com https://www.limblength.org/conditions/short-stature
massayag@lifebridgehealth.org
IG @bonelengthening

Sweden

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 11:30:11 PM »

Don’t lengthen more than 7cm on femurs, and absolutely not more than 5cm on tibias.

I was 173cm and did 7cm on tibias. My goal was 6cm and then later maybe 6cm on femurs, making me 185cm tall.
180 was a pretty good height so I went for 7cm on tibias. That cost me a lot of down time in life.

I understand your dream height, I’m still considering femurs, and then I’d do ~4cm. Quick and easy.

Personally I wouldn’t start with femurs. Your tibias will look really short if you decide one surgery is enough.

7+5 is really pushing the limit. But sure, there are guys who has done 11cm on femurs and 10cm on tibias. I can’t imagine the aches they go through on a daily basis considering I still have some aches from my surgery. But I also push myself to the maximum limit every week like I’m still 18 years old.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Tomhard

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2020, 12:45:49 AM »

Don’t lengthen more than 7cm on femurs, and absolutely not more than 5cm on tibias.

I was 173cm and did 7cm on tibias. My goal was 6cm and then later maybe 6cm on femurs, making me 185cm tall.
180 was a pretty good height so I went for 7cm on tibias. That cost me a lot of down time in life.

I understand your dream height, I’m still considering femurs, and then I’d do ~4cm. Quick and easy.

Personally I wouldn’t start with femurs. Your tibias will look really short if you decide one surgery is enough.

7+5 is really pushing the limit. But sure, there are guys who has done 11cm on femurs and 10cm on tibias. I can’t imagine the aches they go through on a daily basis considering I still have some aches from my surgery. But I also push myself to the maximum limit every week like I’m still 18 years old.

Hey Sweden. Can I ask you why you wouldnt do not more than 5 cm on tibias? Because I was planing to do
5,5 cm on tibia

Sweden

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2020, 08:43:43 AM »

Hey Sweden. Can I ask you why you wouldnt do not more than 5 cm on tibias? Because I was planing to do
5,5 cm on tibia

All of the problems started right after 5cm.
5cm is a safe amount. You’ll get back to normal quickly.
You can achieve 5,5cm. It just takes you a bit longer to get back to normal. You never know how your body response to this trauma either. Stay safe.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

a

• 5'9
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2020, 10:59:31 AM »

Hello,

May I ask what did you exactly mean by "pushing the limit"?
Do you mean my wingspan and sitting height or is it just pushing too hard in general?

I don't think it's pushing too much since the amount of the lengthening on the both segments are safe, 5 cm on tibias and 7 on femurs.

Don't you think it'd be alright in time?

a

• 5'9
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2020, 11:00:13 AM »

I think you have pushed the anotomical limit with going 7 cm on tibias,
because 7cm is considered safe on FEMURS.

a

• 5'9
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2020, 11:05:43 AM »

Up

dreamingtall

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2020, 02:57:17 PM »

TBH, if you have the money and the will power than do the two segments... however if you look at traditional proportions, longer femurs to tibia is actually desirable
Starting Height: 170.68cm; Goal Height: 182cm in two separate operations (^8cm Femurs, ^5cm Tibias)

precice strider

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2020, 03:44:09 PM »

What about deep squats? According to Dr. Paley
I think I might be a .78 or .79 femur to tibia and honestly I'm worried 8cm femurs would be too much.
Height dysphoria since 2008. (age 5)
Hoping to undergo STRYDE 8cm femurs when I can afford it.
164 cm with a wingspan of 166cm
Goal: 5'7.5 (172+) or taller, but hopefully 5'8 (173)
https://www.instagram.com/precice_strider/
Pages: [1]   Go Up