Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I need to ask you all, experienced people who has already done the surgery,  (Read 820 times)

a

• 5'9

Hello folks,

I see a lot of people who has ALREADY done the surgery want to undergo another surgery to gain 5 more cencimeters.

The question is:

Let's give an example, a lot of people who had have the surgery on FEMURS, also thinking of doing it on tibias again.

Did you all get back to your daily rutine with no problems at all, and considering more cencimeters to look "better"
or is it just, you've already lost some ability to run and walk properly, and saying "f--- it, i'll also go on tibias since i've already lost my ability. I got nothing to lose."

That's insanely important for me, because I want to have 2 seperated surgeries and I want to know If people could get back to their rutine with zero problems, zero problems on running, stairs etc.

If people have lost their ability and say YOLO and go for another 5cm, I won't consider having 2 surgeries.

Also, is it possible to bend your knees 180 degrees after 2 surgeries?
7 cm on femurs and 5 on tibias.
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

a

• 5'9

please answer..

k1erz

You’re probably best off asking a surgeon.

I recently watched a very informative interview with Dr Paley who made it clear that if the surgery is performed correctly (and prior experience from the surgeon is essential) and the 3 month post op period is spent dedicated to physical therapy and stretching then you should expect no problems assuming you stay within the healthy limits.

He also said the difficulty with the entire procedure actually relates not to the bone but to the soft tissues which need to stretch and grow to accommodate to the new bone. Again, if you dedicate the time during distraction and beyond to a strong program of stretching, PT and eating the correct diet you should expect a return to normal. 
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 06:44:01 PM by k1erz »

k1erz

An experienced surgeon will obviously be able to detect any potential problems before they fully develop such that long term complications are prevented. I’m convinced based on hearing Paley discuss this that he’s the guy to go for, especially if you’re interested in double segment lengthening. I’d also strongly consider Giotikas as I hear good stuff from him and he’s quite cheap if you’re doing it in Europe. 

k1erz

Check out MyEvolution’s diary too.

Movie

You'll never return to previous LL form, because with the newly acquired length your center of gravity shifts, so you'll have to train yourself in this "new normal" and I believe one can do competitively athletic post CLL if one works at it and trains the brain a lot to get used to the new change.
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

k1erz

Hi Movie.

I’m very interested in this response and would love for you to expand further.

Is it simply that everything feels different and so your movements are a little awkward or is it that you’re literally unable to make certain movements due to having reconstituted your lower anatomy. Are you also simply referring to athleticism or normal daily mobility and flexibility.

SimonFuller

Hi Movie.

I’m very interested in this response and would love for you to expand further.

Is it simply that everything feels different and so your movements are a little awkward or is it that you’re literally unable to make certain movements due to having reconstituted your lower anatomy. Are you also simply referring to athleticism or normal daily mobility and flexibility.

I am also very keen to hear Movie's response on this one too.

Movie could you argue that you might even become better at football especially after the rods come out? I think the longer legs will increase your stride length and make you a better player - thoughts? Your technique (controlling a ball / awareness on the pitch etc.) should remain strong I believe from previous experience of previous injuries I have had and my footballing ability.

a

• 5'9

Thanks for the replies.

Movie

k1erz: Alright I'll try to explain as best as I can ... with 8 CMs Gained in my femurs my center of gravity shifted drastically, I feel myself not being able to explode with speed as fast and powerful as I used to, this can also be attributed to my muscles still not being as strong as before but I believe it's the taller center of gravity... now I have to do an extra step, which is bend my knees and lower myself to get to explode as fast as I can, where as before I was already closer to the floor so that step seemed much more integrated to the action of exploding with my legs and it happened much more faster, maybe a second faster, but in sports and soccer in specifically that second or milliseconds is the difference between being able to score or not so it's significant. Also yes when I kick the ball or try to make a pass I still have to get used to this "new normal" length sometimes I kick it too low or too high because I haven't practiced with my new legs enough yet, my brain still has 5'5.5 kicks installed, I need to erase those and install 5'9 kicking with time and constant practice. It's only for sports or higher intensity activities, my walking and daily activities have been good since about 6 months post op

@SimonFuller: I was also thinking about that! maybe it will allow me to reach a faster top speed with an increase of 3" in my stride per leg, but to make me a better player I'm not sure, All the ball control needs to be relearned with the new legs although it's not like I'm starting from scratch but I have to get used to the new length and how much I have to pick up my femur off the ground etc. pitch awareness could remain the same since it's just mental, but the muscles are not the same yet they still need to be stretched more to feel normal, sometimes when I kick the ball my thigh muscles has a little "shock" I need because It probably feels like it's being stretched out too fast too much and it contracts for like a split second and I feel it.
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

k1erz

Thanks for the reply Movie.

That was a brilliant response.
Pages: [1]   Go Up