Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My story  (Read 2152 times)

MrSoonToBeTaller

My story
« on: May 07, 2021, 12:09:18 PM »

Day 1

With Dr. Paley in West Palm my surgery was yesterday.  It went well.  Bilateral femur Precice 2.2.  I have a minimum goal of 5.1 cm and the theoretical maximum of 8 cm. 

Height - 165.5 cm to 166.5 cm or so depending on the time of day.
Age - 35
Sex - Male
Wingspan - 165.5 cm

Mock up link http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66425.0

Heavy legs after the surgery.  Starting PT today.  Please take a look at my mock ups and let me know what you think.  I don’t have plans to Lengthen tibia’s so I don’t want to have femurs that are too long relative to my tibias. 

Sleeping was hard the first night.  I was able to eat well afterwards.  Definitely had to drink a lot of water since my urine was much darker than normal.  Nursing staff here are incredible.

DonBones

Re: My story
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 01:01:54 PM »

Day 1

With Dr. Paley in West Palm my surgery was yesterday.  It went well.  Bilateral femur Precice 2.2.  I have a minimum goal of 5.1 cm and the theoretical maximum of 8 cm. 

Height - 165.5 cm to 166.5 cm or so depending on the time of day.
Age - 35
sxx - Male
Wingspan - 165.5 cm

Mock up link http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66425.0

Heavy legs after the surgery.  Starting PT today.  Please take a look at my mock ups and let me know what you think.  I don’t have plans to Lengthen tibia’s so I don’t want to have femurs that are too long relative to my tibias. 

Sleeping was hard the first night.  I was able to eat well afterwards.  Definitely had to drink a lot of water since my urine was much darker than normal.  Nursing staff here are incredible.

Good luck! :)
First Surgery - Prof Betz - 28th July 2021 🇩🇪
Nail Removal - Dr Becker - 13th December 2023 🇩🇪
Lengthened: 5.00cm
Height: 180cm
Current Phase: Post Nail-Removal Adaptation

Future Skycraper

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 01:15:03 PM »

Congrats at your surgery! May the force be with you!
Don't worry about the mock ups, you have already done the surgery, just look at the mirror mate and you can see better!
Thanks for starting a diary!

RealLostSoul

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2021, 01:18:45 PM »

Nice to hear you went through with it. About the mockups don‘t worry. Go for the safest maximum that is possible for your body :). +8cm looks good

MrSoonToBeTaller

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2021, 11:33:06 AM »

Day 1 Night

Very little sleep; small blocks of an hour of sleep

Day 2

Wow were my quads and hamstrings swollen.  It made PT very hard.  I almost passed out due to low blood pressure while sitting up on the edge of the bed.  Luckily later my blood pressure was better and I was able to transfer to the walker then to the wheel chair.

Day 2 Night
Much better sleep.  Blocks of three hours of sleep.  Only advice is to stay ahead of the pain.  It is not the time to be macho

Serilium

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2021, 11:45:34 AM »

Mockup look good... Go for 8 or 7 cm...

Wow were my quads and hamstrings swollen.  It made PT very hard.  I almost passed out due to low blood pressure while sitting up on the edge of the bed.

B careful .... Hope u are ok 👌

MrSoonToBeTaller

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2021, 12:13:39 PM »

Mockup look good... Go for 8 or 7 cm...

B careful .... Hope u are ok 👌

I am.  The staff here is top notch.

stacyw

• Visitor
  • For the North!
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2021, 01:05:11 PM »

Good luck!!

MrSoonToBeTaller

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2021, 02:06:10 PM »

Thanks.  My nails are 12.5 cm Precice.

Future Skycraper

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2021, 02:43:24 PM »

Keep it up warrior!

MrSoonToBeTaller

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2021, 07:42:12 PM »

Day 3

Able to get out of bed using the walker and into the wheelchair.  I am beyond grateful my femurs could fit the 12.5 mm Precice nails.  It is comforting knowing there is a little extra weight tolerance there.  Swelling still looks the same, but the post-operative pain and discomfort has dropped dramatically.

My tips thus far while in the hospital
1.  Stay hydrated.  Yes you will urinate a lot and it is a bit of a chore; but don’t neglect the importance of hydration especially while on so many medications.
2.  Eat; I ate the cafeteria food and additional food.  The body certainly needs nutrients after surgery.
3.  Never feel like you are “bothering” the nurses if you want assistance.
4.  Do not neglect brushing and flossing.  The body is a whole.

billsmafia

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2021, 10:58:37 PM »

Keep it up! Rooting for u

Future Skycraper

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2021, 06:52:27 PM »

Keep it up mate! we're here with you!

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2021, 12:27:49 AM »

Rooting for you man! Keep up your protein and calcium intake, stay hydrated!

You're doing GREAT!
LON Femur with Dr Buldu
5cm safely gained; thinking of doing another 5cm
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66540.0

MrSoonToBeTaller

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2021, 02:39:56 PM »

Day 4

First Paley PT day.  Went over basic stretches and how to perform them properly.  Some stretches need more than one person to help.  Also learned how to start walking aided with the walker in addition to the two legged swaying.

*IMPORTANT NOTE*
If you are strongly considering any leg lengthening definitely build up your upper body strength.  It aids in movement tremendously during the first few days.  Especially the triceps, but having that additional upper body strength above my normal has been extremely useful/helpful.

Future Skycraper

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2021, 04:00:30 PM »

Day 4

First Paley PT day.  Went over basic stretches and how to perform them properly.  Some stretches need more than one person to help.  Also learned how to start walking aided with the walker in addition to the two legged swaying.

*IMPORTANT NOTE*
If you are strongly considering any leg lengthening definitely build up your upper body strength.  It aids in movement tremendously during the first few days.  Especially the triceps, but having that additional upper body strength above my normal has been extremely useful/helpful.

Thank you for your advice! keep it up mate!

Also, why does it take more than one person to help? Will you need 2 people to take care of you? Is there anyway to do all the streaches alone?

MrSoonToBeTaller

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2021, 04:07:47 PM »

Thank you for your advice! keep it up mate!

Also, why does it take more than one person to help? Will you need 2 people to take care of you? Is there anyway to do all the streaches alone?

Two of the stretches were difficult to get properly oriented in and to achieve maximum stretch effectiveness.  Most of the stretches could be done alone entirely and properly.  Two needed add’l help.  A caregiver, friend, family, etc would be necessary for 100%.  Also keep in mind these are stretches for bilateral femur only, not Tibia.

Future Skycraper

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2021, 06:33:01 PM »

Two of the stretches were difficult to get properly oriented in and to achieve maximum stretch effectiveness.  Most of the stretches could be done alone entirely and properly.  Two needed add’l help.  A caregiver, friend, family, etc would be necessary for 100%.  Also keep in mind these are stretches for bilateral femur only, not Tibia.

Thanks mate! That's a good thing to know about! You're not alone, keep it up and may you have a fast recover!

MrSoonToBeTaller

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2021, 04:52:06 PM »

Day 7

Received my lengthener and lengthened my first 0.25 mm for each leg!  My left leg is unfortunately weaker than my right.  However stretches are going well.

Polvorón

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2021, 05:54:06 PM »

Thanks for sharing your experience here, have a good lengthening.
Note: at this moment I'm only a "pretender", I want to know more about this interesting procedure. Hopping to become 185 cm (6'1'') from 174 cm (5'8 ½''), but it is too expensive.
My sitting height is 92½ - 94 cm (36''½ 37''), my length of legs is 81 cm (32'') and my armspan is 180 cm (70'' 7/8).

MrSoonToBeTaller

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2021, 09:56:05 PM »

Day 12

5.75 mm lengthened thus far!  Definitely stretch all the time!  Stay ahead of it!  I purchased a massage table to do stretches on; it is far superior to the soft beds.  Sleep is challenge because of the soft nature of the beds.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Serilium

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2021, 12:21:53 AM »

very nice 0.5cm taller keep going 👍

Ozzi6557

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2021, 08:38:43 AM »

Good luck mate.  It's not an easy challenge but you can do it !!

MrSoonToBeTaller

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2021, 10:10:38 PM »

Day 13

Today was hard.  I was just tired all day.  Lots of support from everyone!  Hot showers are the best dealing with pain.

ab608

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2021, 02:39:13 AM »

Day 13

Today was hard.  I was just tired all day.  Lots of support from everyone!  Hot showers are the best dealing with pain.

Awesome job !! You can do this! I found that things got a lot better once I was able to bend my knees - sleeping, transfers, etc - which happened around my second week. I'm sure things will get easier for you soon!

ps - i totally agree about hot showers for pain!

MrSoonToBeTaller

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2021, 10:51:37 PM »

Day 20

First Post op follow up.  X-Rays show good distraction and bone growth.  Very sore legs, especially the left leg, but I am making progress.  PT is good and the stretches are wonderful; hopefully I can start Saturday sessions so I don’t go a full 48 hours without professional PT.  13.75 mm thus far

MrSoonToBeTaller

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2021, 09:59:43 PM »

Day 24

Memorial Day weekend is hard since there is no PT Monday.  Luckily I got cleared to submerge underwater so I can go in the pool.  The pool is a wonderful place to do stretches.  17.75 mm
Pages: [1]   Go Up