Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Internal Tibia Lenghtening (Betzbone)  (Read 921 times)

Tomhard

Internal Tibia Lenghtening (Betzbone)
« on: July 13, 2020, 05:14:56 PM »

Hey guys. My operation was in the beginning of Junge 2020.
I’’m doing internal Tibias with Dr.Betz at at moment and have already lenghtened 2,15 cm so far.
Right now I can walk unaided at home, Only using crutches when going outside or long distance.

My question to all tibia veterans:

My goal is at least 5cm and I want to ask you if I should push it to max. 5,5 cm?
Because I want to recover as fast as possible ( December ).

a

• 5'9
Re: Internal Tibia Lenghtening (Betzbone)
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 05:42:10 PM »

Hello,

Good luck first of all.
And what about your pain? Are you ok? Do you feel weird that your leg doesn't belong to you etc.

Also I think you should stop at 5 cm.
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

Tomhard

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 06:13:41 PM »

I dont feel much pain at all. Just in the morning or when I sit for too long I get sore.

Im not sure if I should do 5.2cm or 5.5cm instead of 5cm.
Anyone here in the forum can give me an opinion to that?

Tomhard

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2020, 08:05:45 AM »

Movie

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2020, 09:13:38 AM »

.3-.5 centimeters don't really make a difference in the long run, do as you see fit
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

Tartar

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2020, 09:23:33 AM »

I know that going over 5cm the possibility to need ATL became very high, I’d suggest you to stop at 5 to avoid cronical plantarflexion

Tomhard

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2020, 09:47:57 AM »

.3-.5 centimeters don't really make a difference in the long run, do as you see fit

Hey Movie , how much would you have done in Tibias If you had the chance to do so

hanshi

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2020, 10:06:47 AM »

Hey guys. My operation was in the beginning of Junge 2020.
I’’m doing internal Tibias with Dr.Betz at at moment and have already lenghtened 2,15 cm so far.
Right now I can walk unaided at home, Only using crutches when going outside or long distance.

My question to all tibia veterans:

My goal is at least 5cm and I want to ask you if I should push it to max. 5,5 cm?
Because I want to recover as fast as possible ( December ).
Did you have 1 surgery for both legs or 2 separate surgeries for each leg?
Are you going to have the clicking nails exchanged for normal trauma nails after lengthening or do you plan to consolidate with the Betzbones?
Especially the second question is important for estimating your time to consolidation. Since the clicking nails are mechanically unstable they negatively influence consolidation. Half a cm more or less won't make a big difference here.
There are currently several lawsuits from former patients against Dr. Betz going on. If you or somebody you know is a former patient of Dr. Betz who would like to initiate legal action against him please send me a personal message.
I can help with lots of information on how to go about this.

Tomhard

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2020, 10:12:10 AM »

Did you have 1 surgery for both legs or 2 separate surgeries for each leg?
Are you going to have the clicking nails exchanged for normal trauma nails after lengthening or do you plan to consolidate with the Betzbones?
Especially the second question is important for estimating your time to consolidation. Since the clicking nails are mechanically unstable they negatively influence consolidation. Half a cm more or less won't make a big difference here.

Normally Betz does 2 seperate surgeries for each leg but in my case i had 1 surgery for both legs.
I would like to have the clicking nails exchanged for trauma nails but I think it would be too expensive. I need to ask Betz if the Betzbone slow down the consolidation.

hanshi

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2020, 07:51:40 AM »

Normally Betz does 2 seperate surgeries for each leg but in my case i had 1 surgery for both legs.
I would like to have the clicking nails exchanged for trauma nails but I think it would be too expensive. I need to ask Betz if the Betzbone slow down the consolidation.
Betz switched to 2 separate surgeries for tibia after he had permanently crippled many patients. I know a few of them personally. You shouldn't expect Betz to tell you the truth when asking about his nail.
You could have saved the cost and pain of an additional surgery to exchange the nails if you went with another doctor with Stryde. Unfortunately you still seem to have Stockholm syndrome with regards to Betz. Betz is a great manipulator. Everything he tells his patients is in order to manipulate them. What he tells you before the surgery is sometimes the opposite of what he tells you afterwards. Especially if there is a problem.
Anyway, in case you need help let me know. I know other surgeons who can help you in case something goes wrong.
There are currently several lawsuits from former patients against Dr. Betz going on. If you or somebody you know is a former patient of Dr. Betz who would like to initiate legal action against him please send me a personal message.

Tomhard

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2020, 09:17:20 AM »

Betz switched to 2 separate surgeries for tibia after he had permanently crippled many patients. I know a few of them personally. You shouldn't expect Betz to tell you the truth when asking about his nail.
You could have saved the cost and pain of an additional surgery to exchange the nails if you went with another doctor with Stryde. Unfortunately you still seem to have Stockholm syndrome with regards to Betz. Betz is a great manipulator. Everything he tells his patients is in order to manipulate them. What he tells you before the surgery is sometimes the opposite of what he tells you afterwards. Especially if there is a problem.
Anyway, in case you need help let me know. I know other surgeons who can help you in case something goes wrong.

You really must hate Betz. Im sorry for your complications back then, but tbh Betz is one of the most experienced doctors out there. This is one of the most dangerous and riskied surgeries and its clear that there are always risks and unfortunately you were one of small
percantage of patients who had complications during this process.

hanshi

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2020, 10:31:29 AM »

You really must hate Betz. Im sorry for your complications back then, but tbh Betz is one of the most experienced doctors out there. This is one of the most dangerous and riskied surgeries and its clear that there are always risks and unfortunately you were one of small
percantage of patients who had complications during this process.
Just read carefully what I wrote. Those are facts my friend. Not to be refuted with platitudes. It's normal though that you are in denial. I was too.

Tomhard

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2020, 11:53:16 AM »

Just read carefully what I wrote. Those are facts my friend. Not to be refuted with platitudes. It's normal though that you are in denial. I was too.

Fact is that this is a cosmetic surgey and you chose to take the risk and do so. Also remember that You’ve done this surgery at the age of 40. 40 isnt the ideal age for LL (much slower recovery time)
and risk of complications like non-union are higher.
It was your own decision to get this surgery done.
Youve been lurking around this forum for more than 6 years it seems more like youre in denial and frustrated with everything and your hate against Betz is really bad. Anyways I dont wish anyone complications and I feel sorry for what happened to you. Hope youre doing good nowadays

hanshi

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2020, 03:47:37 PM »

Fact is that this is a cosmetic surgey and you chose to take the risk and do so. Also remember that You’ve done this surgery at the age of 40. 40 isnt the ideal age for LL (much slower recovery time)
and risk of complications like non-union are higher.
It was your own decision to get this surgery done.
Youve been lurking around this forum for more than 6 years it seems more like youre in denial and frustrated with everything and your hate against Betz is really bad. Anyways I dont wish anyone complications and I feel sorry for what happened to you. Hope youre doing good nowadays
Lol. It was you who came here asking the veterans for advice. Who are you to admonish me? The truth about your doctor is bitter my friend. It is obvious you are freaking out a bit here.
Let's see what's going to happen. What i expect is that after lengthening your consolidation will be very slow and then you'll pay 17k EUR to Betz and he'll switch your betzbones for trauma nails.
And that wouldn't be necessary if you went with another doctor with Stryde. The clicking nails are obsolete technology.

Internal tibia lengthening is more dangerous than internal femur. And whether you like it or not, Betz has a very bad track record with tibia patients.
A doctor who writes about himself on his website that he is "one of the very best surgeons in his field" and has a bunch of lawsuits from ex-patients for malpractice.

Tomhard

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2020, 05:02:12 PM »

Lol. It was you who came here asking the veterans for advice. Who are you to admonish me? The truth about your doctor is bitter my friend. It is obvious you are freaking out a bit here.
Let's see what's going to happen. What i expect is that after lengthening your consolidation will be very slow and then you'll pay 17k EUR to Betz and he'll switch your betzbones for trauma nails.
And that wouldn't be necessary if you went with another doctor with Stryde. The clicking nails are obsolete technology.

Internal tibia lengthening is more dangerous than internal femur. And whether you like it or not, Betz has a very bad track record with tibia patients.
A doctor who writes about himself on his website that he is "one of the very best surgeons in his field" and has a bunch of lawsuits from ex-patients for malpractice.

Something must be wrong with you mate.

more

more

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2020, 06:26:02 PM »

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2020, 09:23:58 PM »

Another story of the Great dr. Paley
https://sites.google.com/site/mycrippledleg/home/mcllr-htm

Awesome, showing us Paley congenital disease surgery testimonials on a diary about betz cosmetic surgery lengthening, thanks so much I needed that
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.
Pages: [1]   Go Up